Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.1

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 10/19/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this as a toner, setting spray, use it to moisturize my hair ends. Love this product. Gentle on my acne prone skin. Mild rose scent which dissipates quickly.

Update: I now use a health store rosewater + glycerin spray due to the "coloring" in this sprays ingredients. But I will still use this spray if I can't get my hands on the organic dye free spray.

on 10/15/2014 11:00:00 PM

This is a very good dupe for MAC fix . It works the same and it's cost is alot better. The smell is kind of overwhelming but it doesnt stay for long. Might be repurchasing this.

on 9/7/2014 1:25:00 PM

I really love this product. I don't generally use toners or makeup fixing products but I love this for its cooling and skin soothing properties. I've started having hot flashes (ahem) along with dry, sensitive skin and this product has helped me survive another summer in S.TX. I keep one in the medicine cabinet for my face when my skin feels dry and irritated and one in the fridge to spray on my neck and pulse points for a quick cool down. I gave the packaging four stars because the pump bottle leaked in my purse. Since then I've been carrying a small spray can of Evian in my bag which is fine on the go but much more expensive and lacking in skin care ingredients. Overall, I really like this and other Mario Badescu products I've tried. They are effective, reasonably priced and cruelty free. The packaging is "gender neutral" so my son doesn't feel like he's using a girly product and they can be easily recycled.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I found this product in one of my makeup stashes and thought I'd pull it out again. Seriously though! This is pretty darn nice. If you apply too much, as any setting spray or mist for the face, it will ruin your makeup or make you look as if you've just run a marathon. I can't really tell a difference in my skin by using this but it's a nice light makeup setting spray. I can't really smell any rose or herbs in the spray because to me, it doesn't really have a scent to it. Would I buy it again? No, but if I had it, I would use it. It's really refreshing in the summer months and does have a cooling effect. I used it almost everyday when I had it just because I liked it and I thought it needed a good run. If you happen to like Mario Badescu products you will probably love this product. It's also great for wearing alone without any makeup. Just spray a little in an X formation on your face and your good to go! Make sure to keep it a little aways from your face though because it can spray!! <3

on 6/7/2014 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Believe it or not, despite all the rave reviews, this broke me out. I emptied the bottle though, because it is one of the best spray bottles because it sprays a really fine disperse mist. I am not very fond of rosewater smell either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted something with more natural ingredients to set my make-up to replace my UD De-slick setting spray. I wanted to try MAC Fix+ but didn’t want to shell out the cash, and I read on a blog that this spray had a similar effect.

I have been using this for a few weeks before and/or after doing my make-up, and I like it a lot. It sets my make-up well- makes it last a bit longer, helps everything blend together, and takes away the powdery finish. I think it works as well as the more chemical-filled setting sprays I have tried, but has added skincare benefits! It also works great as a toner! This only cost me $7.00 USD, and I purchased it from nordstrom.com which offers free shipping on all orders.

Overall, I think this is a really nice setting spray for a great price and I highly recommend trying it out :) I will almost surely repurchase this again once I run out.

Love this. I set my makeup with it and it gives my skin a healthy glow. Bonus is that I started to use this in my hair as a shine spray. I try to avoid silicone hair products and I had read about diy aloe detanglers. I came across this in my stash and saw that the first ingredient was aloe vera gel and also noted how simple the ingredient list was. so I sprayed it into my damp hair and got a beautiful shine without the greasy look! and my hair smelled faintly of roses. I am obsessed with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Best. Makeup "fix it" spray. Ever. Has great natural ingredients and, personally, I love the smell! My makeup looks natural and pretty flawless after just a hint of this spray. Great price point too! Love, love, love....

on 3/20/2014 10:25:00 PM

Holy grail. It's seen me through hot summers in Austin and freezing windy days in New York. The price is crazy cheap and it feels so refreshing. My skin's softer and glowing after application. Favorite product ever.

Popular Face Skincare Products