Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Filtered by age: 30-35
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

on 6/4/2015 4:55:00 PM

So i was standing in line at Ulta waiting to pay and this little guy (the last one) was just staring me in the face. And i just was thinking i wanted a face mist for the summer.

I really love this stuff, i find myself using it all the time.

In the morning's when i'm fresh out the shower with a freshly washed face, i use this instead of my regular toner (which i use at night)

I apply my make up around 5:30AM, and dont get to work until 8:30ish. before i actually start working i go the women's restroom and "refresh" myself, a few mists of this on my face and my makeup looks totally fresh, you wouldn't even guessed i walked a mile in the nasty chicago humidity.

On days when i'm just being lazy at home and don't have anything on my face i'll mist this over it just to give it a boost of hydration.

I wouldn't say this sets your makeup but it def takes the powdery look away.

If you are using a dewy foundation this can help revive the dewy-ness.

It smells amazing.

Def repurchasing, i think this is a new HG item for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago in order to offset the heating at my job. By midday my skin was starting to pull, and I wanted something that would rehydrate my face without messing up my makeup. I found this, probably through MakeupAlley, and went and got it. It's perfect for my needs! I keep it on my desk and every morning when I get in, I do a little spritz on my face. One of the secondary uses of this product is as a makeup setting spray, so it does that too! I feel like it creates a little barrier between me and the hot air, because my skin stays moisturized much longer than if I don't spray it. It also smells amazing! It's light and floral and feels like spring. Plus, the price is great and a little goes a long way. So it's overall very economical. I can't imagine this not working on a particular skin type, at least at this time of year. I think it's the type of product anyone could use, but maybe not everyone feels they need to. Overall, I really like it, it works, and the price is great.

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 10/19/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this as a toner, setting spray, use it to moisturize my hair ends. Love this product. Gentle on my acne prone skin. Mild rose scent which dissipates quickly.

Update: I now use a health store rosewater + glycerin spray due to the "coloring" in this sprays ingredients. But I will still use this spray if I can't get my hands on the organic dye free spray.

on 8/3/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love MB products. I decided to try this spray to replace my Mac Fix + since it's much cheaper. 30 minutes after I sprayed it, my face became so itchy. An hour later I couldn't take it and had to wash all my makeup off. A Benedryl later, it's safe to say I'm probably allergic to Rosewater which isn't an uncommon allergy apparently. Such a shame. It smelled amazing. I would recommend to test this out on your wrist or somewhere if you have sensitive skin before going crazy. I probably should have since I have other skin allergies to skin care products. Lesson learned.

on 6/7/2014 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Believe it or not, despite all the rave reviews, this broke me out. I emptied the bottle though, because it is one of the best spray bottles because it sprays a really fine disperse mist. I am not very fond of rosewater smell either.

on 3/31/2014 1:32:00 AM

I fell in love with this at first spray.

My skin is dry and acne prone. I tend to shy away from toners, however this acts as the perfect insurance agent for my moisturizer. The soothing effects of the rose water calm my skin and helps my moisturizer penetrate deeper for better hydration.

I also use this to finish my makeup. If I find I look to powdery or makeup-y I spritz my face to "melt" the makeup into my skin. It also helps restore a more natural glow to the face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Rosewater is amazing for the skin. Love this

on 6/7/2013 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this spray!! It helps absorb my moisturizer better, it helps set my makeup and I generally use it all the time! Morning, at work, after cleansing! The smell is also lovely and refreshing!
Great price too, I keep one at home and one in my handbag always for touch ups throughout the day!

on 4/18/2013 10:24:00 PM

This is a great product. I use it to set my make-up, and it provides a lovely dewey look. Please note: Another reviewer mentioned that it contains propylene glycol (glycerin) and claimed that propylene glycol was used as a de-icer. Propylene glycol is not to be confused with ethylene glycol (antifreeze). They are not the same thing, and the most recent research shows that vegetable glycerine in diluted forms is a wonderful humectant. It is not antifreeze.

Popular Face Skincare Products