Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

3.9

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating without making skin oily
- prevents makeup from getting cakey
- lightly scented

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: Instantly fell in love with this. I use it to set my makeup and I cannot believe it never got cakey in this hot weather. I can now wear more coverage if needed without my makeup looking blotchy or unnatural in the heat. It just sets makeup beautifully and it doesn't make me oily or cause my makeup to separate like Fix Plus does. Not to mention the price? Instant HG!

Will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Just okay, I have been using the Glossier Rose Spray and I prefer it as I find it is more hydrating. MB's leaves a kind of sticky dryness which I'm not really a fan of, I prefer a more hydrating spray. Don't get me wrong, this one is okay, but I think there are better rose sprays.

on 3/25/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use this MB Rosewater spray sometimes after applying my makeup on days it looks a little cakey, which happens to me especially in winter because my skin is so dry. Definitely helps to reduce the cakeyness a little bit. I am extremely sensitive to fragrances, but this smells lovely to me, as it has the natural fragrance of fresh roses. This shouldn't be used as a setting spray though - it won't lock in your makeup (it certainly didn't lock in mine). So when I use this, I use this together with my UD All Nighter.

Anyway, I recently discovered the Hard Candy setting spray, and I've found myself not needing this MB spray anymore to take away any dry patches. The HC setting spray does wonders by giving me both a dewy look and locking in my makeup. So as I don't need this product anymore for my dry skin, I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I ordered this from Nordstrom and thought to try it out as a replacement for fix+. It smells nice (to me), like rose water. I like that it makes my face smell good. I find it to be moisturizing as well; I've used this after washing my face or using a mud mask and my face didn't feel as tight. However... Do I think this is a product I can't do without? No. Do I find this to be a replacement for fix+? No. Not that it ever said it was a fixing spray... But I don't know, I just don't find it to be a substitute. It's a nice spray to have to refresh your skin and whatnot, it's fun to use, great price, but not a necessity for me.

I've recently gotten into using facial oils, and damp skin is needed prior to applying the oil. In came this oldie. I've used this on and off while at uni, to keep my skin "sane" from the harsh winter winds and sometimes in summer, when the heat gets a tad unbearable.

You see, I come from a hot, humid, climate. But we have fans and air-conditioning for when the "going gets tough". Not in the UK. You would be lucky if you even have a desk fan. So summers in the UK can be a bit painful for me, but then again I'm not a fan of the heat.

Fast forward a couple of years later, I thought I'd give this another go, to see if it would work well with my facial oil. It sure does! Some bemoan the fact that this product contains parabens and hence, it's not good for the skin but I actually appreciate the fact that some parabens are present, as I live in such a hot climate, so much that it can be difficult to keep my beauty products in a cool, dark place.

Am not going to carry on discussing parabens here as I'm just here to say that the Mario Badescu Facial Spray does what it says on the label. It soothes, and keeps my skin soft.

Would I repurchase? Probably not, as I currently have got my eye on a few other facial sprays. =D But having said that, I may just come back to this one if my skin doesn't take to the other sprays. Will keep you guys posted. ;)

on 5/8/2015 4:13:00 PM

I've been looking at facial sprays for quite some time and decided to go with this one given the frequent, rave reviews. I love it. I have acne prone, easily irritated skin and finding things that don't make it angry is a task in and of itself. This soothes my skin, eliminates some of the redness, calms down any breakouts I may have, and leaves skin soft and supple. I spray it on after showering in the morning as well as after washing my face in the evening before bed. I wouldn't exactly say this tones my skin as much as softens it, so I use it in combination with Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner. These together have made a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. Recommended for all skin types!

on 4/19/2015 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i found this product over rated! i decided to try it after seeing it on several youtube channels, the smell tends to settle into a baby powder like scent, and it doesnt do anything really that any regular toner would, i also tried it as a finishing makeup spray, not a noticble difference, i have better luck with my toner from the simple brand and just using a fix plus container,

on 4/15/2015 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a gem. Smells amazing and feel so refreshing on your skin - and helps it hydrate! It's pretty cheap, too, and it lasts awhile. I like to keep this in my bag especially on a hot summer day whenever my skin needs a boost.

on 3/17/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
It is overall a great product. It smells great, my skin feels really refreshed and hydrated, the packaging functions really well, and it does work really well for setting in make up. It is really good to carry around and use to freshen up. A great "pick me up" for the skin.

CONs:
For some reason, it dries out ever so slightly sticky on my skin. I do prefer and recommend Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster.

This is a good spray. This is actually the only facial spray I have every tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I would not let that deter you from trying since it is only $7. Once I set my face with powder, I spray and and it really transforms the makeup cakeup look into natural skin. It is also so refreshing. After a long day of work, I use it for its refreshing properties. In terms of setting makeup and making it last all day, I can't honestly say. I do want to try the urban decay ones just to compare that aspect.

I have one in the fridge that I mist on my face in the hot summer months.

Popular Face Skincare Products