Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

I use vaseline on my chapped lips, sore/blistering heels and feet, on my dry elbows and to remove my eye makeup. I love it and always carry it on me - I don't care how gauche it may look to tote it around in my handbag! None of my high-end, expensive lippies and glosses even compare to how soft and shiny and shiny and kissable vaseline makes my lips look.

on 4/18/2009 2:21:00 AM

Vaseline, in my opinion, is THE best lip treatment out there. There is no other chap stick in the market that works better than Vaseline. Have you ever noticed there are some chap stick products that make your lips feel even more chapped, and you feel the need to always reapply? Vaseline is the only product that doesn't do that..it's great!

on 4/18/2009 2:46:00 AM

Me and my mom both agree theres nothing like vaseline to soothe dry irritated eyes. In the dead of winter it seems like even supposedly deep moisturizing eye creams don't help with dry corners of eyes. Eyes, lips, hands, cuticle balm, ashy knees/ elbows, even severly dry parts of face! And the best part -you can get it at the dollar store. All of those above mentioned beauty needs could cost a person 50$. Who wants to spend that these days? ..wonder what it would do for hair? ..mmaybe not. ;)

I LOVE VASELINE! I use it mostly to remove makeup, moisturize eyelashes and eye area, and as a lip balm. Its also great for pimples that are overly dry from acne products, it makes the pimple more smooth and easier to cover. I also occasionally use it as a night cream by mixing a little glob with my face lotion. It is a amazing and versatile beauty essential that every person (man or woman) should own.
MAJOR PLUS : IT IS DIRT CHEAP

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I ABSOLUTLEY Loveeee this stufff!!!!

I apply it to my eyelashes everynight and I definitely have noticed that they have grown!!! Before, if I didn't have mascara on my eyelashes were poker straight with no curl to them. Since starting to use this about a month ago there is definitely a noticible difference in the length/natural curl. I don't have to curl my eyelashes before putting on mascara anymore!!

Will definitely repurchase this in the future!

While I have used this product for my lips, dry skin,etc... The most common way I use it is for my feet. I work 15 hour days where I am constantly on my feet. About once a week or so I'll use a pumice stone to scrub any calluses, slather vaseline on my feet and put socks on overnite. When I wake up my calluses are gone and my feet are incredibly soft! When I had a pedicure done for my sister's wedding, the pedicurist commented on how amazing it was that my feet were so soft considering the work that I did. Now THAT'S testimony to a good product!

on 5/2/2009 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Who doesn't love this stuff??? Seriously it does wonders. Dry skin, hair, etc. Especially on the lips this is a staple that everybody should own. :) love it

on 5/7/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

You can do so much with this product and it can be beneficial to anyone. I love the small squeeze tube; I have one in my purse for on-the-go. Bottom line: it's inexpensive and it works.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Vaseline is AMAZING. I put it on my lips overnight to have softer, ickyness-free lips all day. But my main use for Vaseline is my undereyes. I put Vaseline over my eye cream to lock in the moisture, and when I put my concealer (followed by loose powder) on, there are no flakes or dryness/tightness!! And I am very prone to horrible undereye skin. I have eczema that's under control but not completely cured. Anyways, a million thanks to Vaseline!!!! Makes me feel beautiful :)

Highly recommended!!

on 5/7/2009 4:06:00 PM

Regarding previous reviews of Vaseline: Thanks for all the great tips for using this fabulous product! Here's mine: I keep a giant square jar of petroleum jelly on my nightstand, mix some of it with my hand lotion, and massage it into hands, elbows, cuticles, etc. before going to bed. It seems to make the lotion work better and give it staying power. For added cheapness, I don't buy the brand name as I find store brands work just as well!
EDIT: I would buy this again, but only for my lips. I now use Crisco (actually the store brand) and am now experimenting with coconut oil for the things I used to use petroleum jelly for. I feel the shortening is more natural and environmentally friendly than Vaseline, and it works just as well for everything except lips. I keep a pot of of Crisco in the drawer of my bedside table, just like I used to do with petroleum jelly, and I mix it with my hand cream and use as above. I'm happy with the switch.