Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

on 7/19/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot tollerate vaseline on my skin, but it is the best lip treatment in the world! And dirt cheap..

I use it on my lips morning and evening after brushing my teeth and cleansing my face. The rest of the day/night I don't have to put anything else on my lips.

All those people who put on lipstick moisturizers every minute of the day are just drying their lips, the more you use those the more you need them.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Vaseline deserves the hype that it gets. It is a great moisturizing product and all purpose as well. I use this twice a week as an overnight moisturizer because I wake up with such amazing skin. This removes pimples and blemishes overnight! As an overnight treatment it has saved my skin's life and it has made me look better. I use it as brow gel, also use in in elbows, knees, feet, and lips. With crushed blush it also makes a great tinted lip gloss. It removes makeup like nothing else. My hair stylist also uses this as a barrier to prevent burning from blow-drying or when I relax my hair (usually every 3-4 months). The tub packaging makes me uncomfortable at times. I really wish it came in a tube. It dissolves mascara like crazy. I use this as an eye cream also and it plumps my eyes and diminishes dark circles. I haven't used it for burns or other problems like that. I'll have to try that. For all its worth, it does so much for so cheap. This will always be in my medicine cabinet and in my travel bag.

I'm middle of the road on this product - it worx well for sore bottoms, dry feet (but for me, I must wear sox w/ it when using as it NEVER absorbs). I do not care for it on my lips, hands, elbows since it never absorbs for me. I much prefer the creamy Vaseline in the tube, but during the times I'm out of that, I will always have this as a fall back (only becuz I don't think I will EVER use up the small tub I have in my lifetime = I will not repurchase - not in this form)

As I am currently out of the creamy Vaseline in a tube, I did recently try this regular Vaseline as an eye makeup remover - one less beauty product would be a good thing for me :) I use L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara in black or very black + MUFE under eye concealor and EM Abbott's Perk Me Up to set the MUFE - that's all I use - no eyeshadow, no eyeliner. Vaseline removed all but the mascara - for me, very ineffective at removing this particular mascara w/out a LOT of rubbing + it left a filmy mess around my eyes that took some extra scrubbing w/ my normal cleanser to remove = thumbs down!! I guess I will have to stick w/ a separate remover for my eyes - o well - was worth a try.

PS - I wonder if the creamy Vaseline in a tube would work on removing mascara any better...hmmm - something to contemplate

12/29/09 UPDATE - have changed my mind a bit - have let sit on eyes for a few seconds (which is annoying), but then add a bit of coconut oil = voila - all waterproof mascara removed. Also, if I use another of my HG waterproof mascaras, (Maybelline Volum Express), vaseline will remove it w/out having to add in the coconut oil. Upgrading to 4 lippies (keeping 1 off becuz it does sometimes leave a film in my eyes).

Vaseline contains petroleum which breaks down skin cells - causing your dermal layer to thin. Never use this on your face on a regular basis. Never ever use around eye areas! Good for severly chapped hands, chapped feet, or to help with 'ash', but as any kind of face product - just don't do it.

on 7/3/2009 7:08:00 PM

when I discovered Vaseline, I realized that I had wasted so much money on expensive eye creams(I can't believe I gave 95 euros to get an eye cream a few months ago, I cannot forgive myself,honestly!)...Vaseline is absolutely safe to use it on your face (after a month,you will see that your eye wrinkles will disappear),it hydrates more than anything else and therefore, if you use it regularly, you will have a beautifully healthy skin.My dermatologist shared this secret with me and I 'm really thankful! Just make sure to dilute it with water and it won't be so thick and greasy!

on 6/29/2009 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

By-far this is the best product for my skin. If I have some kind of rash, cut, burn, or anything like that, I'll sure turn to the product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my moisturizer on my face and body.. even though it doesnt have antioxidants or anything, it really does hydrates my skin very well with no bad reactions.. it helped me a lot even those things that i didnt expect to happen but it does wonderful like on my lashes, heels, cuticles, under eyes, dry patches, chapped lips, to stay put my eyebrows, to prevent nose bleeding, to prevent bumps, to remove skin flakes, to remove makeup, to make my own lip gloss and a lot more. this is really cheap and long lasting for an all around use! LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

unlike barbieismetal's review beneath me, i can come up with my own review instead of plagiarizing someone else's ideas about a review.

this is great for sealing in moisture. i can use it over my regular moisturizer on my feet and put a pair of socks on and my feet are really soft afterward. HG product!

I just bought my first tub of Vaseline today because of this list I found online , Ill be trying all of them <3 cant wait and its sooo darn cheap to which makes it even better

1. Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this - and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.

2. Put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet - every day!

3. Put Vaseline on your elbows every day - they will stay soft!

4. Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day for softer and better looking cuticles every day.

5. Put Vaseline on chapped lips

6. Use Vaseline as lip gloss

7. Mix a little Vaseline with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss!

8. Melt Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let resolidify for chocolate lip gloss!

9. Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume.

10. Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers (it is a misconception that it clogs pores)

11. Moisturizes severe dry skin

12. Use Vaseline on your knees to prevent that dry, ashy look

13. Mix with sea salts to make a scrub!

14. Applying Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth for celebrities and contestants in beauty pageants who smile a lot

15. Applied on teeth before applying lipstick prevents lipstick from sticking on them

16. Massage, baby!

34. Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff

35. Theraputic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy

36. Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema

37. Helps heal and protect new tattoos

38. Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline

39. Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags

40. Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look

41. Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends

42. Remove makeup stains from clothing

43. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps

44. Make your week old nail polish look new again - rub a small dab over the polish.

45. Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on.

46. Stretch your favorite lotion by mixing it with Vaseline.

47. Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them SO smooth

48. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line

49. Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning!

50. Generously apply Vaseline all over before taking flights to combat associated dryness

And just for fun, this one is totally not beauty related, but VERY timely - here is #51:

Once you carve your Halloween pumpkin, rub Vaseline on the exposed edges. it keeps it from rotting or going dry.

on 6/12/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love to use it on my lips, hands and heels as a moisturizer. But now I'm going to try it on my face - doesn't break you out? And you can use pigment and mix your own lipgloss!!