NARS Jungle Red

NARS Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.6

on 4/4/2010 5:48:00 AM

This is, as with all Nars lipsticks, a good product, but not quite the shade I would have wished for. My all time favourite red is Mac's Lady Danger - ideally I would have that shade with the quality of a Nars lipstick.

Jungle Red is a little less of an orange-yellow and has a shade more blue in it than Lady Danger and so doesn't quite suit my colouring as well. But all is not lost as I wear it under a golden shade that looks naff on its own and the combination looks strangely fetching!

on 4/1/2010 10:22:00 PM

This is -not- a blue-based red. A swatch comparing it with MAC's Russian Red will clearly show that it is orange-based. However, it is one of the lipsticks that is closest to true red out there. Regardless, it is gorgeous and possibly one of my favourite reds ever. It has great texture, isn't drying at all, and lasts forever on your lips, even after eating - too bad it's so pricey, because otherwise I would rate it 5 stars!

on 3/23/2010 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

i'm normally a mac lipstick fan, but sometimes, NARS get the colours JUST RIGHT, and there is no substitution. Jungle red is one of them. it's the perfect red that doesn't make your teeth look yellow, it's bold but not tacky, and it's RED, not orange, not pink, it's a proper red, which is surprisingly hard to find. Admittedly it's not an everyday colour, but every girl needs a good red lipstick to make her feel sexy right? XD
the texture is a bit drying, as it's a matt colour. so pile on the lip balm beforehand ladies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is NOT a orange-red. It is a bright blue based red. I have golden olive undertones and this doesnt quite work with me. It looks bad actually. For a real orange-red go for heatwave. That color is phenomonal. Jungle red is great for blue cool toned gals.

My only red lipstick. It is very matt and quite drying but the look it creates is stunning.
A bright red with a warm undertone. Just beautiful.

on 6/1/2009 11:31:00 AM

Dry but such a pretty color. Very matte. Looks so pretty and kinda natural when dabbed on, or dramatic when slicked on like true lipstick. A very unique red.

Everyone: it's orange based!! but it doesn't look orange when on. Just like a true warm toned, hot hot red. And that's why I bought it.

on 5/29/2009 2:51:00 AM

i have rouge d'enfer (which is a really nice subtle brick red) and i wanted a bright "RED" red...stoplight kinda red! this color is very pretty on my warm fair complexion. i have no idea why older posts called it blue based or pink! its very much orange based. there is no color like this at mac, i believe its very unique! the formula is very nice! it's a semi-matte, so it looks creamy, opaque, and matte but it is still comfortable. staying power is great and it doesnt bleed! i didnt give it 5 yet b/c i need to wear it a few more times before i give it HG bold red l/s status.

on 1/26/2009 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recieved this as a gift from someone who apparently knew me a lot better than I realized :D

It's a true matte red, slight orange undertones, pretty dry, very pigmented. Lasts for ages and fades in a pretty way :)
Lends a very retro look.

I recommend taking care of your lips before wearing this - any flake will show. Also apply a light lip moisturizer if you're paranoid about dry lips.
I prefer applying this with a lip brush since it's so pigmented, any mistake will show :P

all in all, a great lipstick and a staple in my collection.

on 12/23/2008 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I only recently 'discovered' this colour and I've fallen in love with it! I could see how on some people it could go orange or terracotta, but on me it is an intense, tropical flower or lacquer red - a more high voltage version of MAC's Ruby Woo.

My local NARS stockist recently got in more of this, and it's still for sale online, so hopefully the earlier post about it being discontinued was a false alarm.

First things first. This lipstick is actually meant to be matte. And matte lipsticks is, as arule, drier than shiny ones. The trick is to take care of your lips between lipsticks, for example overnight.
As a lover of lipsticks in general and matte in particular, this is one of the best I have ever tried. I first bought this lipstick in Red Lizard, and was amazed at how long it lasted. I am crazy about red lipsticks and have almost every colour...Almost. Finding a really red-red lipstick seems to be impossible. With red-red I mean not blue-red, brown-red,or orange-red, but red-red. This is probably the closest I have found, even if you can find some orange tones in it if you try. I have found a maybelline one that is red-red, but it doesn't last even through one glass of wine. Overall Nars matte lipsticks is the most longlasting and colour intense I have tried. Love it!