NARS Cosmetics Jungle Red

NARS Cosmetics Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.6

on 5/12/2012 7:43:00 PM

This is a blue based pink-red which I do not like. It's also a bit drying. I do not find this lipstick any special. In fact there are many drugstore reds that are much better in colour and quality.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The longest lasting and the reddest lipstick I have ever worn. I ate a cheeseburger and my lips were still matte red. It's kind of pricey but I guess if you want long-lasting quality, you need to splurge a bit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Really sets off my fair complexion without taking over or being too much. It's an easy way to look polished quickly with little effort too. It is a bit drying but a bit of lip balm could probably fix this. It is fairly long lasting but does come off while I'm eating & drinking.

on 1/17/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought a few red lipsticks, but so far none compare to this! My preference for the perfect red lip is a red that's bright - but not overly bright; orange undertone (instead of blue) and matte. Jungle red ticks all the boxes! I think it makes a cute AND sexy red. The only 2 things I have to complain about is the amout of product that you get. To me, you don't get as much product as other lipsticks - the bullet is slightly shorter and it does dry out my lips even though I put a lip balm before I apply this, as well as on top after application. Other than that, staying power is good, it lasted a few hours after eating a meal (although I was being careful), and it fades evenly which is another plus. Will be buying this again!!!

on 1/13/2012 12:39:00 PM

I've been looking for a red lipstick that I can wear both for special occasions and for normal, every-day wear, and this is it. The color is an orange-ish scarlet and is not too bold but not too dull...it's just right, and it's lovely. It did not dry up my lips, and I could wear balm underneath it. It lasted about 6-8 hours with minimal fading, and I was able to eat a meal, have a snack, and even shower, and it was still mostly there, but it came off easily when I needed it to. I'm so glad I discovered this lipstick!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my "office" red because it's not very bright or bold compared to blue-based reds. It looks a bid orange-y on me which is fine because it looks good with my warm yellow undertone. I love the texture of NARS lipsticks, it feels very luxurious.

on 10/9/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is warm red with a satin finish. Can be swiped on over balm for a red stain, or more carefully applied with a brush for a classic look. I'm a warm-toned, pale-skinned sort, but don't find this an alarming, loud red at all. I have no problem wearing this in the day.

on 8/7/2011 4:36:00 PM

I am pale (117 in MUFE HD) and most red look garish on me, they either look blue and clown like or orange and radioactive. This is perfect. It has a coral-ish base, which makes it soft instead of harsh. It looks like a true red on me, but it doesn't overpower my face. My HG red. I'm on my 2nd tube.

on 5/12/2011 9:45:00 AM

I love this lipstick! Especially if you will be shopping all day and would like your lips to be lovely all day long through kisses, snacks etc! This is the one I love to wear. My wife borrows it all the time and she loves it too! Definitely one of the best red lipsticks around!

on 4/18/2011 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been craving the HOT RED lips lately and purchased the set of l/s, n/p and l/l. I'm in love. This l/s does not dry me out b/c I put my chapstick on prior to using. I apply carefully and do my plucker finger trick b/c it's very pigmented and I don't want it to end up all over my face and teeth.
NARS is has become my favorite MU line thus far.