St. Ives 24-Hour Moisture Lotion

24-Hour Moisture Lotion

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, UREA, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA.

on 3/9/2010 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gorgeous moisturiser! I've been using this for at least six months now and I've not used half the bottle. It's inexpensive for such a large bottle. Lovely fresh scent that doesn't linger for too long. I find that I can put this on after my shower and, unless it's a very hot day, I can put my clothes on straightaway without feeling gross. Absorbs well into my skin and keeps my skin lovely and smooth for the whole day. It tends to help even out my skintone on my legs as well, just as a bonus! It's perfect consistency, not runny but not too thick.
No negatives that I can find, love it! :) The only reason this looses a lippy is because I have a tendency to reserve 5 lippies for phenomenal products.

on 1/18/2010 3:36:00 AM

i tried this particular type a few years ago and this is by far the best one from st. ives. it has little to no fragrance, is creamy, not greasy or slippery, and yes it lasts 24 hours. 3 to 4 dollars for this is such an amazing price. i use this every night and this will most likely be the only lotion i ever use again. it is also gentle enough to use on the face. st ives is a cruelty free company and i love all of their lotions however a lot of their new lotions have a strong floral scent so i recommend smelling them before choosing one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is an all-around good lotion for the price (roughly C$4.50 @ Price Chopper). It isn't immediately soothing like Aveeno or baby lotion, but it does keep the dry itchies from getting out of hand. My skin isn't terribly dry, so I can't speak to the "24 hour" part, but I don't find myself getting itchy between showers. Unlike the really cheap store-brand lotion I was using before, it does absorb after a few minutes, and I can put my clothes on without them dragging and sticking. This has a definite lotion texture, not a cream, and a light chemically-candy scent that goes away quickly. The pump bottle dispenses well but not too much. I'm sure I'll rebuy this since it's effective and cost-efficient both.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This absorbs really well, has a neutral scent and a little goes a long way. I have dry skin and this balances it and makes it feel soft, but not like i have something on my skin. I've been using this for a while and don't see myself switching cos this does evrything I want it to and the pump is convenient.

on 8/7/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Iíve had good luck with other St. Ives products, so thought I would give this one a try. I found the lotion is a good consistency - it isnít at all heavy and absorbs very quickly into your skin. For me, this lotion did not hydrate for 24 hours, but even though I did have to reapply the lotion, it lasted longer than my other lotions. Would I purchase St. Ives 24 Hour Moisture lotion again? Sure I would! Though it doesnít live up to the 24 hour claim, it does moisturize longer than most lotions.

on 6/22/2009 11:32:00 PM

This is my new favourite body lotion! My skin gets really dry and scaly-looking in winter, and this makes my skin smooth and soft. It sinks right in and doesn't feel sticky, plus it smells amazing! It's easy to spread over your skin so you don't need to use too much, and it's one of the cheapest body lotions I've used. Also, St. Ives does not test on animals. I'll definitely keep buying this!

on 4/8/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Easily the best value-for-money moisturizer in the market! I am really impressed with its moisturizing effect that seem to last through the day and/or night. I usually put some on before I go swimming as well and find that it helps reduce flakiness/dry scaly skin afterward. Best used straight after you towel dry from a bath/shower. Really cheap and it more importantly it works the way it said it would! Fantastic!

You get so much for the price that this lotion is worth a try. It does have a scent but it's fairly faint. I cannot use havely scented products on my body and have used this stuff with no problem. I don't understand the 24 hour claim, to me this is just your everyday lotion that absorbs quickly.
Before this, I was using the Suave Advanced Therapy lotion which is also very good but it seemed to make my hands itchy if I used more than once or twice a day, this stuff hasn't done that so I will probably stick with St. Ives unless soemthing even better comes along. Not HG but pretty darn close.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

For me, this wasn't a "life-altering" product, but I would repurchase it again. I used the oatmeal and shea butter lotion from St. Ives and wasn't satisfied so I bought this one instead the next time around. It smells really, really good and it definitely kept my skin smooth and supple throughout the day.

This lotion makes my skin super soft. It has somewhat of a rosy scent that smells awesome. It's perfect for using in the shower because the cap has a tight seal so water stays of out it. The only thing that is not so great is that sometimes you have to work a little to get the lotion out.