Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 1/8/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I first read about this on the Skin & Tonics blog when I was first getting into AB, and man did I put off trying this as long as possible. I kinda had a sneaking/sinking suspicion that my acid tolerant skin would love this stuff, and I wasn't wrong. The first thing I noticed after using was how incredibly soft my skin was. Okay, that's a lie. The first thing I noticed was that it smelled like vinaigrette, but the second was definitely the softness. Like to the point that when I just sort of absently touched my face there was an exclamation of profanity and I rushed to the bathroom mirror to gaze at my skin in wonder as I stroked it (yeah, that sounds creepier than it was). The next thing that I noticed was that the tiny little clogged pores on my forehead - the result of wearing hats and sweating - just sort of disappeared. Not sure where they went, but I haven't seen them in like 4 months. Do I still break out while using this? Yes. Occasion hormonal related stuff, and definitely if I use a product my skin hates (most recently a Cover FX primer), but it helps tremendously, *especially* in regards to fading PIH. As to the cost: yes, it's bloody expensive, but I've been using the 1.7oz bottle once a day since October and I'm less than halfway through it (I DO NOT apply it to a cotton ball though - just dispense about 1/4tsp and pat onto my skin), so I think it works out in the end.

on 1/6/2017 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is EVERYTHING - a total godsend for those of us struggling with dry patches, uneven tone and texture, and enlarged pores. This stuff knocked my 10% glyco toners out of the running and straight into my garbage can! Seriously!
P50 is probably the only product I have ever tried which does exactly as advertised, if not moreso. [For reference, I am using the P50 1970, original version].

I noticed a difference in my skin immediately-and things just got better with more use. Upon first application I got a bit of a stinging sensation and some redness but it was no biggie, and it went away aft a few uses. Since I am used to deep and heavy peels (at home and in derm office grade procedures) I knew this wasn't an issue for me. Right away my skin was smoother. I used it again at night and woke the next morning to a lovely glow. After a week of use 2x per day, my pores were noticeably smaller (due to the constant exfoliation this stuff does re clearing out the pores) and my dry patches were vastly improved, texture wise. I am now almost a month in and can barely notice any pores (they are tiny and almost closed up), the small blackheads on nose are gone, and my overall skin texture has improved by 90%, if not more. I now use this once a day for maintenance, and have re-added my other products. In conjunction with products such as Luna oil and beneficial creams, I note they now penetrate much better and are doing their job well since the P50 has slothed off the problem patches. I also used to be a major exfoliation gal but have come to find I no longer need those additional (and very pricey) products.

I just can't say enough about this product. Don't let the inconspicuous dollar store type packaging fool you and keep you from purchasing. Yes this is expensive BUT it is worth it! 5 stars? How about 5 thousand stars!!! Major HG in which I will never go without - I purchase 2 at a time now, bc I can't risk running out. That's how good this stuff is!

on 12/30/2016 5:13:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. So far my favorite formula is the 1970(the actual original)
It has a strong smell and does numb the skin, burns a bit but it's so worth it. My skin already looks better and it's rare I find products that actually make an improvement. I'm now going broke trying other things from this line. Personally I don't think this product is outrageous for the amount you get and the results you will see. However their other products are priced much higher and you get much less.

on 12/23/2016 6:19:00 PM

Okay, friends. I have been using this product religiously for about 6 months now. I feel completely comfortable reviewing/recommending it based on duration of use. This stuff is quite honestly skincare gold. I'm on my second bottle (I buy the second largest size). I still have 3/4 of my first bottle, but I was petrified of running out and needed to have a backup, as well as my travel size. My skin LOVES this. I have very sensitive, combo skin with redness on my cheeks. I used to have a few hormonal breakouts around TTOTM, but since using this, I never get those painful, cystic jaw pimples. It's a miracle. If I get a little pimple, it's a whitehead and goes away over night from thus magical exfoliating toner. I've completely gotten used to the smell- it's almost endearing at this point because I just know it's going to work. I recently bought a sample of the new P50 PIG 400, and will report with results/thoughts. Bottom line: I'll never be without this. Ever. It's holy grail, and lives up to the hype that surrounds this cult product. Buy a sample, try it, and *hopefully*, love it. Shoprescuespa.com has THE BEST customer service/fast shipping and always gives generous samples... This is where I purchased mine. Enjoy!!! (And ignore the smell! It's worth it!)

on 11/8/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The following review is for Biologique Recherche lotion p50 new formula (no phenol know as the "1970 formula"

This stuff is everything it's praised to be. I've been using this for about 4 weeks, and it's changed my skin. It's smooth, calm and fine textured where it was once before textured, bumpy and uneven in tone.
Some people talk about the sting and the redness but honestly, it's not bad at all. I have very sensitive skin and I can tolerate this acid toner without dilution. Yes, my face sometimes gets red for a few minutes sometimes but it calms down quickly. There's no alcohol in this toner but there is vinegar. I'm told it's the preservative, which is ok with me :)

Would I buy this again? For as long as I can afford it, absolutely. I hate most skincare products but this is HG for me. It's amazing
***UPDATE*** I have a bottle of the 1970 Formula now as well, and I can say I prefer that formula. There is too much in the P50 new formula for me to use it every day much less every other day, just too many acids.

I agree with all the rave reviews here. In fact, I have a hard time believing that this has been the cause of some of the less flattering views here. This is mot the kind of product that would cause cystic acne IMO. Not unless someone is highly allergic to something in it. Which quite frankly the responsibility of the person with allergies to discern what they are allergic to. Some people are sensitive and allergic to everything and it's not a products fault for not addressing EVERY need, Bottom line for me is that this really given me the best skin I've had in a decade!

on 10/25/2016 10:11:00 AM

Ummmm I am a believer. I bought the sample size pf P50 (with phenol) (1.07 oz, so small) for about $27 and have been using it for about a week and, like, it works. I'm no stranger to chemical exfoliation - I've tried everything, it's the only way my skin looks anywhere near ok, so the P50 has been on my "must-try" radar or a while. I was having a medium-bad breakout due to my nemesis Panthenol, so decided to just go for it. Also, aside from the 3-4 active blemishes I wanted to zap, my pores have just been super congested lately.

The first night I used it I had all the normal experiences: smells gross (old-fashioned medicinal), kinda burny, kinda numb due to the phenol, kinda red now but let's see how the situation fares in the morning. And the next morning I definitely noticed an improvement and was pleased, but at that point it was nothing to write home about.

But now, a week later, not only do I want to write home about it, I want to put a ring on it. It's that good. The breakout is nearly gone, pores are getting squeakier by the minute, and my overall texture and glow is so good. I haven't experienced ANY irritation or even dryness really - I've been careful to properly moisturize, but that hasn't always worked with other exfoliants in the past, and I'm sure some of you can relate to that.

The sample size, while small, will last a while too. You don't need a lot (I use kind of a lot, but that's just my preference) and the level hasn't really gone down yet. Hard to explain, but I'm sure the big size (which I am ordering ASAP) will last at least 6 months.

I have heart eyes for this product.

on 10/16/2016 4:30:00 PM

Omg I better start saving my pennies since I will be buying alot of it. Truly amazing ... Ive only been using it for 4 days and Ive tried everything over the years and my skin is so clear already. No blackheads or clogs, smooth and fresh looking. And Im 53 so no small feat! Yes it smells medicinal and numbs my lips a bit but Its worth it ...

This is the best exfoliating toner I've ever used. It's expensive, it's smelly, and it totally works. I'm not a newbie to chemical exfoliation and have used a variety of AHA's and BHA's over the years from the affordable to the expensive (Paula's Choice to Peter Thomas Roth and Dr Dennis Gross). I always come back to this because nothing shrinks the pores and gives me quite as luscious a glow as this. It's strong, so you have to take it slow working up to using daily. Worth every penny.

on 8/26/2016 4:07:00 PM

Biologique Recherche--Could it be? Products that actually live up to the hype and cult-like status?
Finally, yes, skincare that lives up to all its accolades. I recently clawed my way out of the trenches of having three toddlers at the same time and have a little more time and energy to look at beauty blogs and videos. And to find out that I now know nothing about new products or better ways for products to work together. Luckily, I did find a few beauty bloggers who I trusted for knowledgeable and honest advice. Biologique Recherche's Lotion P50 (Original 1970 version) and Masque Vivant were mentioned over and over again. BR pretty much has an international cult-like following for being amazingly effective, but adding to the mystique, there are only a few places in the US that you can order it from. The products aren't cheap, but with all the good reviews and rapidly approaching 42, I bit the bullet and ordered a few items from The Rescue Spa. Along with Lotion P50 (1970), I got the Creme Dermopurifiante and the Masque Vivant. In product reviews on site after site, there were quite a few (okay, a lot) of people who said that the products smelled really odd, and they do. It reminds me of when my dad brewed his own beer. If there are any Washington, DC people reading this, it smells like the 9:30 club circa 1992. So they do smell strange, but they really really work, better and faster than anything I've every used. Just in the first 3 days I used it, I got 4 compliments. Not sure my husband is too thrilled by the scent judging by the look on his face when I told him to smell it, but he did say, "wow, your skin looks good today" before I told him I had tried something new.