Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50

Biologique Recherche Exfoliating Lotion P50
Exfoliating Lotion P50Enter TitleEnter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol (banned in some countries so absent in the product there).

on 8/12/2005 4:34:00 PM

By far, the best treatment product for acne. I was given this product by a facialist I had seen about six years ago. At the time, I was experiencing some moderate acne. After using this product for several weeks, my skin was completely clear. And it stayed clear for many years. This product has remained a staple in my cabinet and is, without a doubt, a HG! I currently only use the P50 at night, yet it has kept my breakouts in control. Like other reviewers noted, yes, it smells terrible. But, I think it is worth the smell for the results.

on 5/30/2005 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well, I used a small sample of this and my, my... this is strong! Whew! The instructions say to apply a few drops on a moistened cotton pad. I'd be scared to use this full strength!

It did leave my skin soft. I followed it up with the "Creme Dermopurifiante" and my face was a little red. I would suggest you first try this out at night!

The ingredients are very harsh, so I recommend you only use this like a treatment to clear out your skin. I'm only 19, and I'm afraid of the longterm effects of this on my skin. So, I may purchase this but I would definetely rotate this in my skincare regime and not use it for an extended period of time.

on 10/7/2004 9:32:00 AM

The first time I tried the p50, I was convinced that the swapper who had sent me the sample had accidently decanted some sort of car engine degreaser in place of "toner." The smell defied description and my skin immediately turned bright red and numb. I washed my face off, in a state of panic and rushed to check the boards. Wheph! Okay, seemed my reaction was quite normal. So, I gave it another shot. And another... next thing I knew, I was ordering a $50 bottle of what I now correctly understood to be a treatment versus toner. So, here I am, on my third bottle of stuff that still smells wretched and still makes my face numb and red. Why? It WORKS! When you use the p50, it's like discovering for the first time what it's like to have truly and completely clean skin. It brings everything up and out leaving pores smaller and the surface smoother (although, it takes abit for the whole molting phase to finish) Stick with it and you'll be amazed at how pure your complexion will be. This product is a true gem.

on 7/26/2004 7:37:00 PM

I resisted writing a review for P50V until I gave it a proper try. Now it's been 2 months and I realize that it is incredible stuff. My skin is clearer, brighter, soft, not dry and smooth, SMOOTH I tell ya. Never had this before in my life. I use it 1 or 2 times a day and wash after it cools down and doesn't sting anymore. This is true holy grail skin care material.
It does smell pretty nasty which is likely the phenol in it (which is a scary ingredient to me but obviously works). I take away a lippie for scary ingredients.

on 3/16/2004 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using lotion p50w.
The texture of my skin is improving but I am breaking out. One pimple heals overnite then another one pops out. Is this normal? Should I continue using it. I hope to here from other members who use this product if they had a similar problem.
Thanks

on 2/28/2004 10:07:00 PM

I ue the P50W lotion and I really like this stuff. I use it with a Vit C gel and my skin rally looks clearer and brighter.

on 2/19/2004 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It stinks but it works! A permanent resident in my medicine cabinet for about a year now even my hubby reaches for it for the occasional razor bumps. Who cares if it stinks like onions rotting in a lab? Twice a day on a damp cotton pad keeps nasty bumps off your face.

on 2/18/2004 5:56:00 PM

Finally a product that does everything it promises to. Lotion P50 is amazing! If you haven't tried it you should. It's a bit of an adventure in masochism though. Beyond the fact that it smells like smoked salmon (although you've got to admire a company that doesn't let fragrance get in the way of efficacy) sometimes it's a bit uncomfortable going on. But SO worth it! I will never, ever stop using this product.

on 1/30/2004 2:00:00 PM

This is the single best skin care product I have ever used, and the only one I can not live without. Ever since I have used it (at least daily for over a year), I NEVER get breakouts. Not even the hormonal ones. I have combo/oily t-zone and used to get the occasional breakout. My only complaint is the smell.

on 11/25/2003 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

HOLY GRAIL. It really has improved the look and feel of my skin. When I first started using it, my skin would turn red and get numb upon application, but that only lasted for a few minutes and wasn't bothersome. Now I'll still get some redness and on occasion I'll have a little numbness upon application. I use it at night after cleansing. It works wonderfully and is a staple for me. 2-28-05 update: No offense to loveblumes, but please do not review a product until you actually use the product. There are many products I could criticize without ever trying. I rely on the advice of those people who have actually experienced the product. 11-5-05 update: I am still LOVING this total holy grail product. I wanted to provide the ingredients, which are listed on the bottle as follows: Purified water (Aqua), Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Usnic Acid, Witch Hazel extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Myrrh extract (Commiphora Myrrha), Myrtle extract (Mytrus Communis), Onion extract (Allium Cepa), Sage extract (Salvia Hispanica), Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamade, Polysorbate 80 (&) Sulphur, Phenol. 3-3-06 update: This remains one of my all-time holy grails. I was running low on it (very low), so I reordered from Beautyhabit. It was on backorder, so I had to wait several weeks to get it, during which time I ran out of it. After weeks without using it, I could definitely tell a difference in my skin. I started having breakouts (cysts even), which I hadn't had in a long time. Once my new bottle came and I resumed using it every night, my skin stopped breaking out. I've found my holy grail skin routine fortunately, which works consistently amazingly well for me (and I've always had very breakout prone skin until the last three years or so), and this product is a key part of the routine that works so well for me.