Philosophy Peppermint Patty Kiss Me Lip Balm

No Image

3.7

First off, I love the initial scent of the peppermint patty lip balm. Mine wasn't in a pot, but a tube. The product itself isn't congealed, the way plain petroleum jelly applicators are. It's rather slippery, and I liked that. I also liked the faint pink color--it's very sweet, shiny, and subtle. However, if you swallow it, as you are apt to do from eating, talking, etc., it tastes terrible. Other lip balms are thick enough so that you won't accidently swallow it, but with this, you definitely taste the waxy, chemical side of peppermint patty. The emollient oils sooth my lips however. The product itself just wasn't worth 10$.

on 6/13/2005 2:16:00 PM

I have the kiss me trio and wow do I love it! It is so yummy. I hate a bad smelling gloss, and the Peppermint Patty smells very nice and minty. My only complaint is that it isnt very glossy, and I love the glossy look. But what can you expect with a lip balm? (its not a gloss) Overall, I love it. If you have very dry lips, it will make your lips very soft and silky. I love the creamy texture as well. Also, when you apply it, it makes your lips tingle, but it dosnt hurt at all, it feels nice.

on 11/6/2004 2:55:00 AM

I got a sample of this at Sephora because it smelled so wonderfully minty and I couldn't resist. I love the fresh minty feeling on my lips, but that was the only thing that was good about it. Even though it looks like a shimmery pink in the tube, when it goes on your lips it leaves no color whatsoever. If anything, maybe a small hint of shimmer, but to me it just looks like i have clear lip balm on. Also, the peppermint starts to taste like camomile after a while. I guess that's not a huge deal but I was expecting more mint since I'm a huge fan of mint flavoured stuff and, I absolutely loath the taste of camomile. Due to all this cons, I definitely don't think it's worth the money.

Oooo, my fave kiss me color! Thank goodness they now sell it in a tube! I really like the mint scent, and I got mine in the holiday kisses set. It's a nice shimmery pink color that is pretty sheer once applied on the lips. Very moisturizing, now I can repurchase and don't have to wait til the holidays! However, $10 is a lot for a balm, and nothing beats my Blistex LIp Medex!

on 7/6/2004 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the early reviewer who claimed this doesn't stay on long enough. It has a very thin consistency, so I do find myself reapplying often. Otherwise, however, I just adore it! Great scent/taste, nice subtle pink shimmer, & a huge tub that will last a lifetime.

What sucks about this one is, the color is awesome!! Slight pink hue, glossy, etc. BUT, it doesn't stay on well at ALL!! Not good when you have to constantly re-apply.

on 5/7/2004 3:32:00 PM

Like Kiss Me Red but pepperminty. Tasty! Pink in the pot, but too sheer to really give my pigmented lips any color. Nice creamy consistency (not hard or waxy). A little goes a long way to keep your lips from drying out.

on 4/8/2004 5:22:00 PM

I purchased the holiday kisses lip balm set, and of the three balms in that set, the pink mint one is the best. I had not tried Kiss Me in either Clear or Red before. The taste of Kiss Me Red is medicinal and oily; I would not purchase the regular Kiss Me Red simply because of the atrocious taste, even though the texture is great (creamy but not runny). The oily taste is still apparent in the mint, but is much less pronounced; the peppermint oil in the balm masks much of the oily taste. The balm leaves a slight tingle on the lips because of the peppermint oil. It leaves no real tint, perhaps a slight pink hue on someone with less pigmented lips.

on 3/9/2004 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this lipbalm--it gives my pigmented lips a lovely pink-y glow that's great for low-makeup days. It's not overly minty, really moisturizes my lips (which is rare), doesn't wear off immediately (although you do need to reapply it fairly often), and looks great over lipstick/pencil (really nice over NARS Rosebud). I hope they sell this separately soon!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like regular Kiss Me by Philosophy and mint is my favorite lip gloss flavor, so I thought I'd love this...and I do like it, but I don't find the texture to be the same as the original Kiss Me. I have super dry lips and it's gone in a couple minutes, and I'm constantly reapplying. It's not as moisturizing as the original, either. The color is just lovely, though, and it smells yummy.