Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.1

on 10/2/2007 12:17:00 PM

A little goes a long way. I use it over/under foundation, on the cheekbones, and on the browbone. Don't use too much, you can always use more.

on 8/3/2007 4:15:00 PM

I agree with the majority of the reviewers. I use this daily and one small jar lasts at least a year. One other benefit to this is that it helps keep my mascara from smudging by keeping my undereye area dry. It settles perfectly over the concealer - but not so that it accentuates my lines. A mainstay for me. I honestly can say that it has outperformed my expectations.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to admit I was forced to eat crow regarding Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. Having never tried it, I assumed it was a shimmery loose powder and could not imagine that looking good under the eye area. Then I actually *tried* it. This is a loose powder that comes in a mini shaker container and is for the purpose of *setting* ones concealer. Obviously it is advertied to be applied over Mercier's cream concealer's and brightening pen. This product is pure magic. It does indeed have a bit of shimmer to it; however, once applied the shimmer is little to not noticable at all. I use it with the recommended LM brush (wide, flat, stiff). And thru trial and error I learned that a little amount (very little) does the trick and what I end up with is smooth, crease-free finish, dark circles hidden (I use Bobbi Brown Correcteur). After all of this, I still was not convinced so I measured its flawless finish under one eye against her translucent loose powder, bobbi brown loose powder too. Lines, lines, lines under this eye. Dry, dehydrated appearance juxtapositioned next to the clean, smooth canvas on other. This has become a must have product for me as it also allows me to look great on no makeup days save for concealer and this powder. It is expensive but let me tell you, this will last a very long time given that it is intended to be used very sparingly. I have had the same container for 8 months and I still have plenty left. I am porcelain ppp and use Intensity 1 out of the 2 shades offered. I am highly recommending this product for many reasons but the main is how it absolutely allows me to look pulled together on days I am in a rush. Correcteur, brightening powder, lipstick, brows and I am off and running. Give this product a chance and don't pack it on. I think you will be sold on it too.

on 2/18/2006 10:40:00 PM

I mentioned in the review of the "Secret Concealer"(don't you want to say "Double Scecret Probabtion" Concealer? Did I just date myself?) that I finish with this powder. I'm no concealer expert, but these two "Secret" products together leave my undereye perfectly clear and fresh looking. I don't know what more I could ask for. I am enamored with these products because they work so well for me, and I recommend them whole-heartedly.

on 4/27/2005 8:51:00 PM

Just try it and you won't believe your eyes! Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder is the finest silkiest white powder in the jar, but it does not appear white on the skin. I tested this at the LM counter while shopping with my wise friend Annie. I put it under one eye and looked at her, and her mouth dropped! She was amazed and so was I. This powder gently brightens just as the name says. I had Cle De Peau concealer on, and it lessened the yellow cast of that product and made me look (and even feel) very refreshed. I have looked for such a powder to use over concealer, and often regular face powders are too pigmented or too thick, and cake or crack when applied over concealer (especially at my age.) I have used Shu Uemura pressed powders (even the pale blue) to try to achieve the effect that this LM gives. No weird white effect, just a pretty look, this will definitely be one of those 'reach for it every day' products.
The price is reasonable and I think that this jar will last a long time. Can't rave enough!

I use this over my LM Secret Brightner and there's nothing better to light up the area underneath my eyes and really make them POP! I also use it over Dior Skinflash and YSL Touche Eclat. Wonderful stuff - takes years off of my face! Well worth the price!