Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.1

on 7/6/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Why o why can't they make a face powder like this? It brightens, neutralizes, sets whatever's underneath, without creasing, caking, drying and I have dry skin, alternating AHA with high % of Vitamin C. Of course I can dust this all over the face before or after mineral powder, over fdn to set, but the little container's product will run out very soon. I am sure its not much more to make than regular face powder, but since its meant for the eye area, they simply charge more & give less. That's why I am never never loyal to a particular brand.

First real thing I've bought at a "counter" at 48 years old, but the fac is a changin'!!! So pleased. I almost slipped out without talking to the woman about "how" to apply correctly! Glad I stuck around.
Tip the container upside down and back again. Dip a fluffy brush (they have one just for this powder) and using just what remains on the lid, PRESSING it into place, no sweeping! This stuff will last FOREVER like this and it works great to brighten and set concealer!! Love it! My skin is kind of light-medium and I got #1. I don't use it to cover dark circles, don't think it would work for that, but it definately adds a brighteness and finish that is what I needed.

on 11/8/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! Really brightens the eye area. I use YSL Radiant Touch as an under eye conceler as I dont have dark circles just some small lines and this really finishes it off nicely without acccentuating the lines at all. Usually I cant put powder under my eyes - a moist look is just better for those little lines and I just want a finished look. This stuff is so much better than just the YSL by itself. And it will last for a long time as it only takes a small amount. I use a foundation brush and just pat a little under each eye and on the cheek bone sometimes too. Great product!

SUPERB! This brightening powder erases the darkness around the eyes, stays smooth, doesn't disappear during the day, never settles into the creases, and sets concealer. I apply this after foundation, then this product, then blush, then finishing powder. Although other posters use this as an eyeshadow colour, I have not done this yet.

I would definitely re-purchase and this this smaller "pot" will last for some time.

I knew I was going to like this. I put a light dusting on my eyelids and beneath my eyes after my concealer. I was using Bobbie Brown (matte) white eyeshadow on my lids before this and I think I like this better. It doesn't last as long as I would like, but it does brighten my whole eye area without emphasizing lines (I'm 44). I can't stand the container it came in and I wished I'd only pulled off part of the sticker that it came with, leaving only a couple of holes, because the powder is all over the place now. I bought #2 because #1 looked very white and even though I'm pale I wasn't sure if I wanted something quite that light. I don't have terrible dark circles, so I can't speak to it covering those. I've been wearing it over la touch eclat and it looks quite nice.

on 2/23/2010 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I apply the lightest dusting of this over my concealer. Sometimes I also dust some over my eyeliner because it doesn't lighten the liner, but it does set it so it's longer lasting. The effect this powder has over your under-eye concealer is subtle, but it really is good. Like everyone says, it provides a gentle brightening to the area. I much prefer this effect to the in-your-face, reflective eye brighteners that draw attention to your eyes in the worst way. Secret Brightening Powder is the kind of thing that you appreciate most on days that you *forget* to use it, because you notice that you do not look as good without it. I am NC20 & use the original shade (#1).

on 10/26/2009 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

years and years of using this product attest to how much I love it. Way before HD powders and mineral powders, there was the SBP. The little round box could improve with the newer separators like the LM Mineral powder line has.

This powder is an absolute must for anyone who wants a really finished look and needs to de-shine but not dull up their faces.

love this and have my stash in place:D

A little of this powder is all it takes! This is a very white powder and it is fine with whichever concealer I use under my eyes. I could have written the review below me. I have hereditary dark circles. People always say that I look like I need more sleep if I do not apply concealer. I could sleep all day and drink tons of water, but the dark circles remain.

When I apply this powder, I use the Nars 13 large dome brush. It picks up just the right amount of powder on its fluffy bristles. If you put on too much, the powder is no longer "Secret."

This tub lasts forever because so little is used. Doubt if I'll need a replacement for more than a year, but I will restock when the day comes.

See my notepad for my current concealer favorites.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this over LM Secret Concealer, just as all the SAs tell you to. It is perfect for keeping the concealer smooth and crinkle-free all day. I don't have any other use for this -- it's not exactly a luminizer, and it's too white to use anywhere else -- but I don't need another use for this. It is perfect for brightening under the eyes and setting concealer. I like the brush they sell to go with it -- just the right size for under the eye. I use this every day, even when I'm scarcely wearing any other makeup. A staple.

on 9/21/2008 5:30:00 PM

This powder has changed how I look at concealers forever! I absolutely love this!!!!!!!!!!!Let me explain-Right now I am using "Eraste Paste"#2(RIS) which I remove a small amount (enough to cover my fingertip),warm it on the back of my other hand in a circular motion,pat it under each eye.This method helps to thin the product for a nice,smooth application.I then use the MAC concealer brush(I have forgotten the # and it has worn off the brush),dip it into the tiniest amount of powder in the cap of the jar and I mean such a small amount that it can barely be seen,press and circle the brush to pick-up product and then I pat the brush over the concealer.The results are outstanding!My undereyes are bright,no trace of dark circles.I bought Secret Powder #2 for reference right now after summer I am MAC NC 30,EM medium beige and since there are only 2 shades(1&2) #1 would be way too light for me.There is so much product in this jar it should last for yearsLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!