Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i use this with the secret brightener. i put secret brightener under my eyes, then set it with this powder using the secret camouflauge powder brush. i think it looks pretty good! but i'm a laura mercier addict, so i may be biased.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and think it works miracles at setting concealer under eyes and on acne. The one problem is that the holes in the plastic cover are too big and let too much powder out. This should have been designed better.

I have heared soo much review on how excellent this powder is but i have to say that i am slightly dissapointed. It is supposed to get rid of the eyebags or at least mask the appearance of it. I use it on top of my concealer, but i feel that dusting this powder left me with a racoonish feeling. I might be dusting too much of it, but i doubt it. Plus if i look closely, i can see gliterry specks under my eyes & its just kinda weird. I will keep on using this though, because i have spent AU$45 on it & i intend of make full use of it. If i do finally mastered the art of using this brightening powder, i will update.

Update: I bought the secret brightener from Laura Mercier & i have to agree that it does help. I guess the main key is you have to use it with the Secret brightener to really see a difference.

this works very beautifully over my undereye concealer and just magically makes them disappear even more. I've been using my Trish Sheer Eye Contour brush to apply this and it's the perfect size and deposits just enough.

edit- sorry but after a few more uses, I found this made my under eye area appear dry and ashy. Have since gotten rid of it

on 4/1/2004 11:29:00 PM

Wow...what a different good powder can do. It is such a finely milled powder. Feel like silk than anything. I use it to set my concealer and brighten up my dark undereyes. I put it on the area I want to reflect light (undereyes, cheekbone, forehead). Works beautifully.

on 3/3/2004 4:58:00 PM

Wonderful stuff! Finely milled and feels like silk. I start off with the secret brightener under my eyes, follow that with my regular concealer, and then pat this powder on with a small brush to set. My eyes look bright and no trace of creasing or dark circles!

on 1/30/2004 11:11:00 PM

I bought this product because I was in need of a loose powder to apply over my foundation. I liked how finely milled it was but it didn't highlight or brighten anything. The shimmer amount is almost nonexistant and I didn't notice any difference. From reading the other posts, it seems it should have been used with a concealor. Don't buy it if you want to use it as a loose powder.

on 1/17/2004 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this powder feels like silk! - I got this to set my LM Secret (under eye) Concealer - the duo is amazing! - it's also beautiful as a highlighter on cheekbones!

This is a loose, slightly shimmery white powder. It reminds me of my Armani loose powder, shade 0 (I believe), but this powder is more finely milled. You are to apply this powder only as needed to areas you which to highlight. It is meant to be used over top of the LM Secret Brightener. I find it does make quite a difference, eyes look brighter, cheekbones more pronounced.

on 12/22/2003 5:29:00 AM

It is a great little product to go with the Secret Brightener pen. You don't need much of it at all and a little goes a loooooooooooong way.