Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

on 6/17/2018 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've really been enjoying this powder for the last two months. At first I pulled off the whole protective cover and way too much came out. If you did so as well just cover half of the holes with duct tape.

I like the simple packaging and just dab a small amount right after applying concealer with a MAC 246 brush which I keep specifically for that purpose.

I really like the smoothness it leaves behind, doesn't look cakey and brightens the undereye area. It's still a powder though and don't think it can decrease the appearance of fine lines. Also the amount is rather small so it comes expensive overall. Still works better than anything else I've tried and will repurchase.

on 6/9/2018 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the worst setting powder I have ever used. It settled into my fine lines under my eyes and looked dry. It didn't brighten anything on me, just looked like I applied white power on my face.It look away the pigment of the concealer instead of setting it. Light-reflecting pigment? you mean sparkles? not good
And why a powder does contain so much conservative?3 parabens and bht. Not something I want to have on my under eyes area
The price is outrageous for the amount they give you
Both the secret brightening powder and the translucent loose powder by Laura Mercier are subpar ,overhype and overpriced rubbish

on 6/5/2018 11:56:00 PM

A pot of this lasts me literally years and I use it every day to set my concealer. On my pale skin it is invisible and it does a great job of preventing under eye concealer creases. I have rebought this probably 5 times and it is a staple in my makeup routine.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Way too expensive for what it is!!!4 grammes of low quality talc for 30 us dollars come on!!
Laura Mercier is a brand I wanted to like cause the creator is a French woman like me
Unfortunately I m not thrilled at by her products
The powder is very fine but unfortunately it's very drying and make the under eye wrinkly
The formula contains too much parabens for something who is supposed to be applied on the fragile under eye zone
If you want a talc and silica based formula to set your concealer go for the rcma no color powder
So much superior in every aspect

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am mid-40s with crepey undereyes and severe hereditary dark circles that are exacerbated by bad sleep and anemia. I have tried every concealer known to (wo)mankind with no success. I have been told that the only thing that can fix my circles is injectibles but I am chicken because I've heard the bruising in that area can be awful. Oh and also: it costs $1200 USD for the magical undereye injectibles at my derm's office. Which brings me to this powder - my last-ditch attempt to improve the appearance of undereyes that are aging me by 10 years. The only positive I can say about this product is that it is extremely finely milled and contains no obvious sparkles so it does feel high-end. The list of cons is much longer:
- This is not cheap and comes in a teeny little pot. You get almost no product for around $30 USD
- I expected this to brighten my purple circles because Secret BRIGHTENING Powder. This brightens nothing. It mattifies, like any other translucent powder. Nothing secret about that.
- I tried this several different ways - on top of just primer, on top of three different concealers, on top of foundation only, by itself - and it collected in fine lines and highlighted wrinkles like nobody's business.

In a nutshell, this costs a small fortune and rather than diffusing the purple circles, it just made the lines worse. After five failed attempts, I gave up and returned it. Back to considering injectibles.....

on 8/7/2017 7:59:00 AM

I like this powder, it works well but for the price it's not life changing enough to purchase again.
It has lasted me over a year because I use it sparingly on my under eye area which makes the price easier to swallow but I believe there are cheaper, just as effective, products out there.

on 8/5/2017 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Maybe I just got a particularly glitter-y batch but I find the micro-glitter in this product to be excessive and far too visible, drawing attention to my under eyes instead of doing what all good concealing makeup should do and making them blend with the rest of my face for a natural look.

If the micro glitter wasn't there, this would be a great product. It does brighten up the under eye (and then some, see comment re: glitter bonanza), blends fairly well (I use a damp beauty blender to apply) and stays in place with minimal creasing.

The packaging could be better (and feel less cheap) but is functional.

I would not buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm somewhat indifferent to the full face version of this but this under eye powder is simply the best thing to happen to my eyes!!! I have extremely bad under eye circles and have used every recommended corrector, concealer, potion, and powder from ludicrously high end to high street and this is without doubt the best. A tiny amount of product covers even my worst dark circles, never looks caked, and never creases. Yes, it is expensive for an under eye powder given so many come in kits already, but nothing compares to this! The only drawback is that so much comes out from one tap of the lid; but given this isn't something to carry on the go and the lid is so secure it's not really an issue. An instant Holy Grail product I already worry what I will do if they EVER discontinue this!

I always used "normal" face powders for setting my undereyes. And always the same result: cakey, dry wrinkles and the undereye shadows were visible. Yuck! I'm glad that I found this baby while discovering some of LMs products. My undereyes look less wrinkly and dry. Plus it brightens so good. I took a photo with flash and I could see it creates a white cast and there are some glitter particles visible. But only on photos with flash, so that's ok for me. One more thing though: I put concealer on my eyelids and set it with this powder. However, after I came home from my job, the concealer was completely gone and creased in my eyelid. But I think that's a good sign since my eyelids tends to get oily and my undereyes don't need a drying powder. So that's proof for me that it's a fine powder for dry undereyes. Overall: Pros: - less drying than other powders - brightens up your undereye shadow - a little goes a long way Neutral: - packaging is ok, but you have to be careful or you loose some product all over the floor Cons: -price I recommend this powder to all ladies (and gentlemen) who have to fight with dry, wrinkly, dark undereyes. Give it a try and see the magic happen.

on 5/4/2017 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail alert. I have very oily skin and very dark under eye circles. I have tried so many setting powders for my under eyes before but it was always the same, it looks cakey and my concealer would crease no matter how thin the layer of powder is.

Recently I have attended a Laura Mercier makeup workshop in my area so new products were introduced as well as the good old trusted Laura products. I decided to buy this. I am glad I did. This changed my life. My concealer did not crease, didn't look cakey or thick at all. I use a bigger and loose eyeshadow brush in setting it, not the dense one cos I think it would put a white cast and can be patchy.

My undereyes look brighter and smooth. Though this can be quite expensive but you only need a very little amount for each use so I guess this will last for years. I definitely recommend this. I am loving it very very much!!!