COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denatured, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Glycerin

on 1/7/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is ONE product that I buy over and over again. The price can't be beat and although I use it every single day it lasts me a good while. While I do not use this for mascara (what's the point?!) it is the BEST brow setter I have come across. I do not want color in my brow setter, because it messes with the color from my pencil and shadow. This keeps my brows in place all day long without fail. It even seems to have this magical ability to pick up any extra deposits of makeup on my brows, which then helps to make them look so natural that I am constantly getting compliments on them! This coupled with my beloved and sorely missed maybelline charcoal grey brow pencil was the best combo in the world. Still looking for Mr Right for this brow set, just ordered a brow pencil from MAC so we'll see if it can replace charcoal grey in my HG. But this clear mascara is def HG status.

on 1/7/2010 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Works great as a brow gel. That's what I bought it for and that's how I use it. Just one swipe across each brow and they're good to go for the whole day. No complaints here.

on 11/20/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought clear mascara would be an easy thing to make well. All you really need is to hold the curl. Companies don't have to worry about smudging. It seems like CG reps skimmed on the quality because it holds lashes pretty mediocre, the curved brush is not very good and it also makes your lashes stick together so that it looks like you have 5 humongous lash hairs... 0_0. It definitely holds better than no mascara though. It only flaked for me when I put it on, waited for it to dry completely, THEN curled my lashes. but if you curl it while it's still a little wet, then it doesn't flake.

on 10/2/2009 6:34:00 PM

While it doesn't really thicken or lengthen lashes, it is a nice, natural look--good option for mothers of junior high girls pestering their mothers for mascara--especially when you're wearing very little makeup and tinted mascara might look really obvious. I myself like the curved brush--I tend to clump more w/a straight brush. I decided to post my review to mention a variation on this product's uses. I was heartened to see other women using this in comb. w/tinted mascara to prevent clumping(Sisters! I salute you!). I wanted to mention that I use it in comb. w/tinted mascara in the opposite order of many who reviewed this. I first put on the clear and then tinted. I find doing the clear first helps gently separate my lashes more, so the tinted looks less clumpy--I think it's the fact the clear is such a thin, gel-like substance, my lashes separate more. So, if any of y'all tried the sequence of tinted and then clear and got mixed or so-so results, experiment w/my sequencing and see if it helps more. I do not see the point of high end mascara--the drugstore brands seem to work just as well at fraction of cost. Know some will fiercely disagree, saying they love high end mascara, but I think we women are way too easy on high end products--at those prices, I better look like I have Audrey Hepburn eyes shelling out that much. Me, I'll stick to C G, L'Oreal, and Max Factor for mascara. Update: I stand corrected. In addition to discovering Max Factor marketing a deep auburn mascara, discovered on internet a mascara brand devoted to strawberry blondes, gingers, and auburns. My MUA profile lists my hair as brown, but strictly speaking, it's a dark, dark auburn. Having never known of mascara being that close to my hair color, kind of easy for me to be tightfisted about spending on mascara when options aren't super close to my coloring, can get away w/brown, but black can look a tad too much on me. Now seeing mascara that actually matches my coloring, can see how women get mascara fever and happily shell out money on it. Though, will first try cheaper Max Factor auburn, still having my general tightfisted spending habits.

on 8/24/2009 1:52:00 AM

I got this because it was the cheapest clear mascara at Walgreens. Most every mascara smudges on me and I'd heard that using clear over the black one prevents smudges. It isn't perfect, but it does really cut down on smudges. Yay and it doesn't clump either.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am lucky to have pretty thick, pretty long, already curled eyelashes. So 99.9% of the time I do not wear mascara. I hate how black mascara tends to smudge and is generally difficult to remove. That's why I bought this clear mascara. My intent was to use this to separate my lashes without having a mascara look. It achieves this goal pretty good. I also love it on my lower lashes as a separator, because black mascara on my lower lashes is an ABSOLUTE NO-NO in my opinion (unless you really want raccoon eyes). I just don't like the curved brush at ALL! I see no ergonomic reason for the brush to be made like that! I haven't had the problem with flaking and/or white debris while using this product though as some reviewers have had.

on 5/5/2009 4:03:00 PM

I was unsure about getting this b/c I normally check the board here first yet my store was having a 30% sale & I had a $1.00 off coupon so decided to try it. It only came out to $2.19!! I have to say I LUB it! I wear alone or under mascara, control my eyebrows, & yea it works wonders for the lower lashes! So running out to get some more since sale ends Friday & I have 4 more coupons, hurray!! Didn't like the ELF one so must say so pleased I found one I LUB LUB LUB!!

on 4/22/2009 10:36:00 AM

I use this for my lower lash, while i use black mascara for my upper lash. Its is a bit pricey for a clear mascara. But as long as it does its job, its fine.

on 4/12/2009 8:57:00 AM

i odnt see the point of clear mascara but yeh, like most other people i jsut use this as a brow gel. im not repurchasing this cause its like $12 and i could easily buy some cheap $3 one that does the same job

it works perfectly fine as a brow gel and if you want to use it as a mascara, go ahead

I use this product to keep my eyebrows in place.