Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

This stuff works extremely well in the West Texas winters where it rarely rains, super windy, and no discernible moisture in the air. Add in I’m a retin-a user and I’m left with flaky skin for a full 7 days after one retin-a application and my skin looks awful. I don’t use it all of the time, but it’s my go to night cream on dry chapped facial skin. It’s also an amazing cream for hands, and it stays in my purse in case my kids’ faces get chapped. I don’t need to use a lot most of the time so it lasts forever and it magically has never broken me out. Definitely a gentle product with many uses.

on 1/12/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my face, mostly at night in the summer but sometimes when I have dry patches during the day in winter I'll use it then, too. I put a tiny amount on my fingers and pat it onto damp skin. My skin LOVES this product, and I love the herbal citrus smell. They sell a tiny travel/sample size tube, which should be plenty to find out if this product will work for your skin.

This product works great if put on my skin before bed - my foundation usually goes on better in the morning and it takes away most if not all dryness. The price and packaging could be better but overall I really do like this product so I will repurchase until i find something better.

on 12/17/2017 4:37:00 PM

I have older, dehydrated skin. No matter what I use in the morning, skin feels dry and oncomfortable after a few hours. Skin Food is the only cream that keeps my skin hydrated during the day. I use a very small amount which I press onto my face and let it sink in before applying Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer. I use it in combination with The Ordinary and NIOD serums.

on 11/30/2017 5:53:00 PM

The best natural multipurpose classic cream.
Great for face cream, face mask, lipcare, knees an elvows, antiwrinkle, hair mask, hand cream, cuticle care, healing cuts and bug bites.

on 11/28/2017 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to see what it could do for my oily/dry combination face (in hindsight, this super thick, emollient cream is not my best bet for daily use given that I don't have really dry skin). Fast forward to the chilly weather and dry indoors and my lips are the worst they've ever been. I was at a loss for what to use on the bleeding, cracking and flakiness - until I used a dab of this. This blows the dozens of balms I have used out of the water: it's thick, creamy and leaves my lips feeling hydrated and smooth. The cream itself is light so I apply sparingly if I am going out in public, but I slather this goodness on before bed and my lips are not chapped, cracked or flaking! The smell is a bit herbal and citrus-y, and this feels somewhat oily on the lips. I bought a 1 oz. tube for around $10 or so, and I don't know if I'm going to finish the tube but I would repurchase again if I ever run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Had to think twice about whether I would buy again or not. This very oily and nourishin cream is highly natural, so always worth more for our skin than chemicals. But the oil sits on the surface of your skin. It also smells of the more citronella-end of the citrus scent. The texture is amazing, that’s for sure. For a hand cream it might be ok if 1, you have really dry hands but also 2, you’re prepared for a thick cream to not penetrate and dry. It really coats your skin which can be a good or bad thing. I put it on my lips if I don’t have lip balm, rub it into spots like fingers, elbows etc. I’d buy again but not to use as frequently as I thought I would.

on 10/27/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Great moisturizer. I use it on my feet and elbows. Works amazingly. Sometimes I use it on my hands. It's pretty thick and it takes some time for it to sink into the skin. Great for very dry skin.

on 10/24/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Somehow Weleda products and my skin are not a good match, the only products that my skin tolerates are the Almond products (for sensitive skin).
I bought the Skinfood for my dry hands, but my skin became very irritated and red from the cream. I had the same experience with the Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream.
Don't think that if you buy natural products that it is always fine, the alcohol, fragrances and essential oils can be very harmful for the skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Really great moisturizer, work quickly. But the smell is not my favorite. If you have dry skin, I recommend it.