Weleda Skin Food

Weleda Skin Food
Skin FoodSkin FoodSkin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil,Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil,Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Glycerol Linoleate,Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract,Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*,Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.* From natural essential oils

on 10/26/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ughhh, I was SO excited to try this. My skin has been dry lately and I wanted an occlusive to really seal in my moisturizers, and was also hoping for a nice dewy effect under my makeup.

That worked. But it also broke me out TERRIBLY. to be clear, I am extremely acne prone (which is why I only test a new product every couple of months). Obviously, YMMV, but I always appreciate a review from anyone who gets a zit every time they sneeze because...that’s me!

Silver lining: my lips have been incurably chapped—none of my go-to chapsticks or anything have made a dent—and I slept with this on them and 1 never noticed a bad taste and 2 it helped!!!!!

TIP: Whole Foods sells tiny tester sizes. Start there.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is amazing. The smell is so fresh and clean that i just love it. Its a rich moisturizing cream that actually nourishes the skin. I mostly use this as a hand and foot cream but have also used it as as lip balm and on my face during very dry winter months.

I always have multiple tubes around so that no matter where I am I can grab one to use.

I bought a small tube of this after seeing Katie Jane Hughes raving about it constantly on Instagram and I have completely changed my skin care routine because of how good it is.

It smells (to me) strongly of gin and tonic. The consistency is like an oily cold cream, so it's best used warm (I put it on the back of my hand for a few minutes). On the first night i used it in place of a night cream over a serum and it was hard work rubbing it onto my face and i wasn't happy about the consistency, but it did sink in after a while. On the second night I used it as a night cream again but without the serum and it was easier. When i woke up on the third day my skin looked noticeably better. It's the fastest I've noticed such a significant improvement using a product for the first time. My skin looked clearer, blemishes seemed smaller, I had no dry patches and I looked refreshed.

Since then I've been using it every day and experimenting with different uses and I now use it every night (nice thick layer an hour or two before going to sleep), and i use it under heavy makeup. It makes watery foundations look great and makes your skin glow. I hardly ever use serum now because nothing I've tried is worth bothering with now that I use this. It's going to save me a fortune in moisturizers, serums and primers.

I've tried using it on my hands, which are often dry and slightly flaky, and even though I've not been consistent with it (once every few days) I've noticed a small improvement. They're still sometimes dry but never flaky any more.

I've also use it on my elbows a few times because they were so dry that they were starting to crack, and since then they've really improved, almost back to normal.

This is miracle cream. I will never be without it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I followed the hype and bought myself a tube of this. After using it only one time on my face and hands I ended up with a greasy but dry feeling face and my hands were not moisturized at all. This was just a waste of $$ for me.

on 10/7/2018 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Despite the positive reviews on here and anywhere else on the internet, I was very sceptical about this cream because of its very rich, oil-filled ingredients list and the thick consistency. I was mainly worried about this breaking me out. Although, it didn't do any of that! This product is just fantastic. I don't use it alone over my face because my skin isn't that dry and this is honestly just too thick for me to use all over. But it's been a life saver for my dry patches this winter. Namely around the nose where I've spent too much time rubbing it with tissue during the colder months. The only products I think I've used that is superior to this in terms of healing my dry patches is Stratia Liquid Gold and Dr Jart Cicapair Cream... and that's saying a lot because those other two are magic! And I guess that explains why I gave this four lippie star and not five. It's amazing, but not the best I've used. Extra thumbs up for the affordability of this product too. It's much more readily available to me than Stratia or Dr Jart as well. AND I've ever used this to create my own cream highlighter by mixing a small squeeze of this with a powder highlighter on the back of my hand. It works so well that way too!

Overall, a great multurpose cream for dry skin without any irritation or breakouts from my end!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Finally! I've found my hg moisturiser. What I needed was something for dry skin that is also acne prone. I was using Nivea before and that did the job but I still had some breakouts here and there. With Skin food, my skin is finally clearing up. Another factor that was important to me was that it had to be natural (tick) and in sustainable packaging (aluminium is very recyclable). It has a lovely light citrusy scent. The price is right and it's readily available almost any where in the world. I wish i had tried this sooner because I would have saved so much time and money.

on 9/27/2018 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where have you been all my life!? I was so hesitant to try this as I have very sensitive and extremely acne prone skin. Its heavy and scented which I generally try to avoid. I researched the I ingredients, read many reviews and decided to take a leap of faith and try it on my face. My skin appears very oily and shiny but is in fact dehydrated and requires a lot of moisture. This is perfect. I use it mainly at night, every night, over my regular serums and cream. I recommend warming it up in your hand before applying and then massaging it in. This has really helped my skin. During the fall/winter I get eczema and red flaky skin. This has saved me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would consider marrying it. Stole this from my mother when I had a reaction to a topical acne gel (acnatac) and it fixed the itchy, red and bumpy mess in a matter of days. It smells great and did not break me out (and I used it on the particular area where I usually get acne from pretty much just breathing). Feels so soothing too. Works great as a cuticle treatment, on elbows and well, anywhere dry.

on 9/20/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is beautiful. It has a herbaceous citrus scent. It is so moisturing. It is heavy but does sink in. It is fabulous under makeup - it makes your skin glow. I use it on my cuticles. It does not clog my acne prone skin. I bought it mainly as a way to dilute blush and foundation. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a dewy finish on their skin. The ingredients are wonderful.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It is so moisturizing. It smells amazing. It never irritates my skin. You can use it to add highlights or a dewy look to your face - it instantly makes you look better. It is also amazing on your skin.
The metal tube easily cracks on the side, however, so you need to be careful when you use it. I have had to "decant" the remainder of a tube into little pots - which is not ideal from several standpoints, but it does mean I always have it with me.

If you have not tried this, do.