CHANTECAILLE Retinol Intense

CHANTECAILLE Retinol Intense
Retinol Intense

3.6

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Water, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dimethicone, Mallow Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-8, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Saccharide Isomerate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Shea Butter, Caprylyl Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carrageenan, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Acacia Dealbata Flower Wax, Jasmine Flower Wax, Narcissus Poeticus Flower Wax, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Jasmine Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sodium Polyacrylate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Benzyl Benzoate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, BHT, Ascorbic Acid [Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool]

Now that I am cutting down on the harsh products in my routine, I am using this product (not a strong retinol product) and am LOVING it as a night cream! A little goes a very long way and really seems to help even out my skin tone and keep it smooth! Expensive but worth it :)

on 1/4/2005 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Finished up my bottle of this product and I may or may not repurchase. It does not burn, it does not make my skin peel and I used it every night. I did not need a night-time moisturizer over it despite having very dry skin. My skin is smooth, soft, looks great. Why am I not sure about buying another bottle? Because I'm not 100% sure it was due to this product. Like the Rose Toner in this line, I had to step away and use something else to realize how great the toner is (now my HG toner). A little goes a long way with this product. For the price, that's a GREAT feature.

on 9/21/2004 7:13:00 PM

I've been using the deluxe sample size....I love this product..I use this only at night...and the next morning my face feels soft and has a radiant glow...you should not peel like you do with prescription Retin A....but I think its effective in reviving dull skin...It is expensive so I don't use this every night...I sometimes use Obagi with Retin A and Rotate...So far so good...

on 2/23/2004 8:32:00 AM

an other over-priced product by Chantecaille that doesn't work at all................Retin-A is much better

on 1/27/2004 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Remembered the old theory that scent and smell do affect the impression given to others? The smell of this retinol intense is too ... just could not be tolerated. Fournately, I just sampled it before pouring out $$ for it. I rush to wash this treatment off immediately after the application. Urhgh.

on 10/5/2003 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I so wanted to like this. It feels smooth and nice, it smells nice (very light rose/floral?), and it sinks in well. I've been using the sample I got from the NM event for the last two weeks, and I have now developed milia. :( I have combo skin and was using it under my eyes/on cheekbones to help with fine lines.

The odd thing about this is that when I apply things under my eyes, I dot it on my cheek right under the middle of my eye, and then spread out from there. Well, I got 1 large milia under each eye right where I first dab the cream. I have no idea why that's the only place I got them, so if you can enlighten me, please do so. This is the only new thing I've tried in that area, so I really think it's the problem.

Before I got the milia, I didn't notice much improvement anyway, so maybe it's a good thing this didn't work, since it's so expensive. continued >>

on 9/29/2003 2:04:00 PM

This is Chantecaille's facial retinol product. It is 1.7 oz in size, retails for $82. I have been using this for about a month (received a full size free from my MA months ago for spending over $100). Anyway, I have very sensitive, acne prone, but combination skin. I have a very hard time with retinol products. I have tried several different prescription for retinols and they all burn my face. Chantecaille's retinol intense is gentle, but works wonders. My skin looks more refined, and this does not cause any irritation. It actually moisturizes too. Even with the price, I highly recommend. It takes very little - 1-2 little squirts covers your whole face, and you only need to do this every other night.