CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.6

on 11/24/2004 12:36:00 PM

LOVE THIS!! This is the best red for me, and I've tried a lot of them. I usually have to go for the brown-ish reds, since true reds just look fuschia on me. This one is a warmish neutral red, not too brown, but doesn't have a hint of pink either. It also helps that the formulation is sheer, so it doesn't scream "Red Lipstick." Another bonus: since it's sheer, you can apply it without liner and a brush, and it still looks good! More of a "casual" red lippie, I'd say.

on 11/17/2004 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This sheer, warm red is easy to wear and quite flattering, too. It's a pretty, non-fussy lipstick. I do fear I'm going to run through my tube quickly-- there is not a great deal of product, and I need to reapply every three or four hours. At least I don't need a mirror for this one.

on 11/4/2004 2:21:00 PM

Nice red. Not too bright and somewhat sheer, but still red, not pink. Beautiful packaging.

on 9/8/2004 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've wanted to buy this for ages and finally gave in at the duty free. It's a perfect, medium-sheer warm red, just as its name implies and it is very versatile. Will certainly repurchase. A really good product with very good packaging too.

on 9/1/2004 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WHAT A GREAT LIPSTICK!!! after reading the excellent reviews on this shade, I decided to give it a try. so glad I did it! the colour is a perfect, natural, warm brownish-red.it is one of MLBB. although I usually prefer my lippies with shimmer, it doesn`t bother me that this baby is without one. looks very natural on me, but enormously flattering. enhances my hazel eyes perfectly and goes really well with my blonde hair and fair but warm complexion. feels very moisturizing (much more than the "ruby kiss" from the same range) and actually has a great staying power! I don`t mind reapplying, though ;)the glossy effect also lasts for a long time. GORGEOUS! I will definitely often repurchase this lipstick in spite of it being quite pricey in europe.

on 8/16/2004 11:48:00 PM

I have recently rediscovered this in my stash. Gorgeous. The packaging is a slim silver tube with a pink accent in the middle. These run around $12. I rarely think Clinique is overpriced because if you buy during a GWP time, you get a good deal. The product itself is great. This is a moist lipstick, more opaque than most sheer lipsticks, but still slightly sheer. It is a glossy red that goes on soft rather than harsh and doesn't turn orange or pink or brown on me. It needs to be reapplied due to its moist nature, and I recommend a clear or nude liner underneath to extend the wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I like this color. I'm not big on reds because I think they are too harsh for me. I'm a PPP with brown hair and blue eyes. This color is sheer and it's a perfect shade of red. Almost hard to describe. Not too light, not too dark, not too bright, not too orangy or bluey like some reds can be.

on 4/16/2004 6:59:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! One of my absolute favorites! A sheer ambered red that even a strawberry blonde like me can wear! Smooth and moisturizing and housed in an adorable metal case adorned with pink. Perfect!

on 3/30/2004 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A red I can wear! It's difficult finding a red lipstick to suit my PPP warm-toned skin and strawberry blonde hair but this is a perfect muted warm-toned red.

on 3/18/2004 2:03:00 PM

This is the ONLY sheer red I've ever been able to find that doesn't turn fuschia on me (I'm a warm PPP). It's a wonderful find and I'm going to be buying it for years and years!