TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

on 8/4/2004 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have yet to try the curl booster with the curl amplifier together, but I will try it tomorrow and let you know. I stopped using the curls rock amplifier because it got tacky in my hair the next day. I will edit this review once I try it.

Curl Booster is good, I think it gives my wavy hair a boost and the locks are more defined. Seems to work better with scrunching than with twisting the locks of hair into curls. However it is not meant to hold. Liked the smell, the clean feel to it, since it doesnt leave my hair gross the next day. So if i dont have anywhere special to go, I just use the curl booster alone as my only styling aid so I can skip the next day washing and go for 2 days. When I need my hair styled, I use more than that - like hairspray, or the curls rock leave in moisturizer and then i shampoo the next day.

When I first saw this on the shelf I thought my prayers had been answered. At last! A way of transforming freshly brushed frizz into beautiful curls without having to have wet hair for several hours! Curl Booster was fantastic when I used it on freshly washed curls - it smells great, gives shine, defines the curls and is not as crunchy as the amplifier. However, don't think about using it on brushed curls. It really is a booster - it will only boost the curls there already, not create them. Spraying it on freshly brushed frizz only creates slightly sticky, shiny, fruity smelling frizz. That said, I won't go out anymore without a quick spritz on my locks, merely for the gorgeous smell, shine and hope that it just might create some curls when I'm not looking.

Originally I didn't know if i really liked this curl booster, because it seemed that my hair lacked volume (which is unusual, as one quality about my hair is that it's VERY voluminous naturally) but then I bought the TiGi Curl Amplifier, and used the two of them together, and WOW-- AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. I highly reccommend using them together. Some products, they only suggest using more than one of their line together for better results to promote their products, but this is really a fabulous combination of TiGi curl enhancing products. I definitly reccommend. My hair is not sticky and is only crunchy in a few places where i used too much of the Booster spray.

on 11/24/2003 1:07:00 AM

I really like curls rock - when I let my hair air dry, it gives me a nice pretty wave that seems all old fashioned and romantic. When the stylist used this on me and used a blow dryer - WOW - then I had some curls I never knew I was capable of! I use it very sparingly though, because too much and I think it gets a bit crunchy. Great smell, and I think the packaging is really fun (and not messy when I've traveled!).

This stuff is too light and has no hold whatsoever. I don't know about everyone else, but I sure don't want to go through a $14 can of what is like a no-hold hairspray every few days. The only thing I liked about it was that it does smell great, it has a sweet fruity smell. Beware... this product was made to be used in conjunction with the curls rock amplifier, which is REALLY sticky and gummy, my guess is that this was made to cut the weight out of the other product, but who wants to pay $30.00 for what should be one product??? I even tried this the next day as they recommended and ended up fragrancing the whole room instead.

on 9/21/2003 3:34:00 PM

Don't ask me how this stuff works because I have no idea how it can take my totally STICK STRAIGHT hair (I tell you there is not a single curl or wave in it!) and make curls out of it, but it does. I really does work! This is another product from the Curls Rock line, but is a spray similar to Root Boost. I spray this all over, add some Frisky, then blow dry with a difuser and scrunching my hair as I go along -- viola! -- curly head.

Popular Styling Products