TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a staple in my styling regimen. I use it before I blow dry and it really is amazing!! Adds volume and curl and doesn't leave any build up...smells decent too!

I have naturally wavy hair, which is straightened 90% of the time, so this wasn't really on my priorities list, but when my mom brought it home for me I decided to give it a whirl. Nice to know that my hair can (naturally) look that nice! I spritzed it with this after washing it, and when I woke up the next morning I had a head full of shiny, beautiful curls! What a great product for those of us who get bored with straight hair once in a while. Anyways, if you wear your hair curly all the time, you will adore this.

on 8/3/2005 2:12:00 PM

I think some people may be confused and are reviewing the Curls Rock Amplifier here. The Amplifier is the white glue-like stuff that comes in the pump container. The product reviewed here is the Curl Booster which is a styling spray. This has little to no hold to it, so if your hair isn't already curly, it won't work very well for creating and holding curls. The best uses for this are 1) if you already have curly hair and want something to define your curls, or 2) if you have styled your hair curly and need something to "boost" or refresh your curls later in the day. I use it for the second purpose, and it does work well for that. It's aerosol and delivers a finer mist that feels lighter than some of the wet, sticky non-aerosol products of this type. Still, $15 is a lot to pay for this when there are probably cheaper products that will do the same thing. I will use up this can, but I'm not sure whether I'll repurchase.

on 7/2/2005 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product left my hair sticky, stringy, and hard.

on 6/25/2005 5:45:00 PM

yuck, this is so thick and made my hair look greasy after applying it.
won't ever buy again.
and it has a horrible, overpowering scent.

on 4/14/2005 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG this is like GLUE for hair. I have permed hair. I followed the directions and ended up with masses of tangled, glued together hair.

on 3/22/2005 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it with the Curls Rock Ampliflier). I have wavy-curly hair that is sort of thick. This gave me nice, controlled, ringlet curls! It's what I've always dreamed of. I find this and the other product pricey ($14 each!), but I got them together for $21 at a JCPenney Salon sale. For info, I use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner and moisturizing shampoo. I love my hair with this stuff! Buy it! Next I plan on trying the other products in the Curls Rock line.

I actually liked this stuff! I was planning on hating it (because I didn't like the Curls Rock Amplifying Glue - or whatever they call it.) After heavily spraying my wet hair and giving it a few scrunches, I let it air dry. My curls and waves, which usually look limp and lackluster by midday, were holding strong all day long! Great stuff but I think it is a bit drying - I use it with a leave-in now.

on 12/9/2004 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder length blonde hair with 3B curls, and along with the Curls Rock Amplifier this is my holy grail of curly hair product.

I started using the amplifier and then was introduced to this product. I find that I can use it on it's own, but if I want crazy, voluminous defined curls, I'll use it with the Curls Rock Amplifier. I do find I go through it quicker that the Curls Rock Amplifier. Curly heads like myself understand how hard it is to find a product that works well on curly hair. I've definitely found the products that work best for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very nice curl defining product. Like another reviewer already stated, it will not create curls, but define ones you already have. This product, when used on dry hair greatly reduced frizz and helps lock my curls in place. The great thing about it though is it has NO hold at all. I really dislike things with hold as they make my hair feel "crunchy" or stiff looking. With this product I just have beautifully soft, frizz free curls that are free to move and bounce (think Winona Ryder in Little Women.) It's a little pricy I think ($15 a can) but it doesn't take much to tame my hair so it lasts a while (and I have a ton of hair.) I think this is a great product for all the curly-haired gals out there! :)

Popular Styling Products