TIGI Curls Rock Curl Booster

TIGI Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

I really love this product. It makes my hair more curly than it is naturally. My only problem is too much results in slightly crunchy hair.

on 5/26/2006 12:45:00 AM

i really like this product. (the Curls Rock curl booster in the aerosol can). i have wavey hair that i sometimes don't like to flat iron straight and this gave it defined waves. my hair does seem shiny too. i took off a lippie because it left my hair a tad crunchy. it could be because i didn't use a diffuser this time, i just let it air dry. but i still like the way it looks.

This is a great, great product. Before I started using it a few weeks ago, I needed to use a ton of maximum hold gel to get my kinky, wavy hair to go curly. And then I was left with white flakes throughout, and my hair often felt crispy. The trick with this product is figuring out exactly how much you need. If I'm going to let my hair air dry, I can only use a tiny bit or else I get super crunchy hair. If I'm going to wear my hair straight, I can't use any or my hair feels greasy and gross. If I use too much (say, 2 pumps), my hair feels greasy and heavy and I have to wash it the next day. If I use 1 pump and a bit, and diffuse my hair, it's shiny, bouncy and I can leave it 2-3 days without washing. I will definitely be buying this again. The only reason for giving it 4 stars is because I can't use it on my straight hair, and because it's so tricky to find the right amount.

on 1/20/2006 5:06:00 PM

Love the whole Curls Rock line. Use this after the leave-in conditioner and before the Amplifier. This really does help define my curls!!! If I wash my hair at night and spritz this in after the leave-in conditioner then go to bed (without the amplifier), my hair is nice and springy and soft in the morning! Awesome products. Nothing special about the packaging on this product.

on 8/3/2005 2:12:00 PM

I think some people may be confused and are reviewing the Curls Rock Amplifier here. The Amplifier is the white glue-like stuff that comes in the pump container. The product reviewed here is the Curl Booster which is a styling spray. This has little to no hold to it, so if your hair isn't already curly, it won't work very well for creating and holding curls. The best uses for this are 1) if you already have curly hair and want something to define your curls, or 2) if you have styled your hair curly and need something to "boost" or refresh your curls later in the day. I use it for the second purpose, and it does work well for that. It's aerosol and delivers a finer mist that feels lighter than some of the wet, sticky non-aerosol products of this type. Still, $15 is a lot to pay for this when there are probably cheaper products that will do the same thing. I will use up this can, but I'm not sure whether I'll repurchase.

I actually liked this stuff! I was planning on hating it (because I didn't like the Curls Rock Amplifying Glue - or whatever they call it.) After heavily spraying my wet hair and giving it a few scrunches, I let it air dry. My curls and waves, which usually look limp and lackluster by midday, were holding strong all day long! Great stuff but I think it is a bit drying - I use it with a leave-in now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very nice curl defining product. Like another reviewer already stated, it will not create curls, but define ones you already have. This product, when used on dry hair greatly reduced frizz and helps lock my curls in place. The great thing about it though is it has NO hold at all. I really dislike things with hold as they make my hair feel "crunchy" or stiff looking. With this product I just have beautifully soft, frizz free curls that are free to move and bounce (think Winona Ryder in Little Women.) It's a little pricy I think ($15 a can) but it doesn't take much to tame my hair so it lasts a while (and I have a ton of hair.) I think this is a great product for all the curly-haired gals out there! :)

on 8/4/2004 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have yet to try the curl booster with the curl amplifier together, but I will try it tomorrow and let you know. I stopped using the curls rock amplifier because it got tacky in my hair the next day. I will edit this review once I try it.

Curl Booster is good, I think it gives my wavy hair a boost and the locks are more defined. Seems to work better with scrunching than with twisting the locks of hair into curls. However it is not meant to hold. Liked the smell, the clean feel to it, since it doesnt leave my hair gross the next day. So if i dont have anywhere special to go, I just use the curl booster alone as my only styling aid so I can skip the next day washing and go for 2 days. When I need my hair styled, I use more than that - like hairspray, or the curls rock leave in moisturizer and then i shampoo the next day.

When I first saw this on the shelf I thought my prayers had been answered. At last! A way of transforming freshly brushed frizz into beautiful curls without having to have wet hair for several hours! Curl Booster was fantastic when I used it on freshly washed curls - it smells great, gives shine, defines the curls and is not as crunchy as the amplifier. However, don't think about using it on brushed curls. It really is a booster - it will only boost the curls there already, not create them. Spraying it on freshly brushed frizz only creates slightly sticky, shiny, fruity smelling frizz. That said, I won't go out anymore without a quick spritz on my locks, merely for the gorgeous smell, shine and hope that it just might create some curls when I'm not looking.

Originally I didn't know if i really liked this curl booster, because it seemed that my hair lacked volume (which is unusual, as one quality about my hair is that it's VERY voluminous naturally) but then I bought the TiGi Curl Amplifier, and used the two of them together, and WOW-- AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. I highly reccommend using them together. Some products, they only suggest using more than one of their line together for better results to promote their products, but this is really a fabulous combination of TiGi curl enhancing products. I definitly reccommend. My hair is not sticky and is only crunchy in a few places where i used too much of the Booster spray.

Popular Styling Products