PANTENE Classic Clean shampoo

PANTENE Classic Clean shampoo

3.2

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Polyquaternium 6, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

It makes your hair clean all right... in fact, TOO clean. It made my hair feel very stripped. At first it wasn't bad, made my hair soft and very clean; however, this happens with most shampoos when we switch to a different brand/formula since shampoos clarify and remove the build up that we've been harboring from our regular shampoo. After about three uses. I noticed that my ends were starting to look more coarse and frizzy than usual :( I wonder if they changed the formula compared to back then... I don't remember it being THIS drying... :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like many of the reviewers here, it was awesome at first but turned horribly wrong. Sure, it smells nice (unlike some other Pantene shampoos) but after a few weeks I noticed an unusual amount of hair coming out into my hairbrush. It was falling out, breaking, and turning to straw!.. and I'm only 14! My hair was also starting to become matted in the back... I had to cut some off. I've switched to another shampoo and my hair's coming back to normal.

Curse you Pantene and your shampoos!
Ick.

This shampoo was awesome for my hair at first, but after using it for a while my hair would start to get oily and weighted down after half a day, which didn't happen before. There's so much wax in this product that it really does leave your hair shiny and sleek, but it also traps in toxins and any other hair styling products that you use, which would be why some people experience build-up. Yuck! I'm not buying Pantene again.

At first you think this product is good, but then you notice your hair gets weighed down. The shampoos are cheap, weigh hair down, and leave behind a harsh coating on your hair. HORRIBLE! They really need to remake their shampoos.

on 2/20/2005 5:31:00 PM

This is my favorite shampoo. It really smells nice and clean, and leaves my hair really clean. I just don't understand why everyone complains about build up when using pantene, it leaves no buildup in my hair. My secret to no build up is, rinsing my hair! Pantene is just, simply the best. I used to use suave, it was cheap, and smelled nice, but didn't do much for my hair. When I switched to this stuff I noticed a huge difference. Any pantene product works well, and always smells nice!

on 10/15/2004 9:34:00 PM

My hair and I both adore Pantene. It leaves my hair silky and healthy, and there's never too much buildup. Plus it's super cheap. I will always have Pantene because it's just a staple.

Standard, nice smelling shampoo which I find is one of the best in the Pantene line. I think that most shampoos for "normal" hair - which I don't have (I have dry/damaged/colored) - work really well with conditioners for your "real" hair type. Maybe it's the ingredients or lack there of, I'm not too sure. But I usually use a "normal" shampoo and match it with a heavier conditioner and find that I get less residue buildup and smoother hair that's not too flat or too fluffy. But make sure you still use conditioner with this.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I hate this shampoo, and so did my scalp! It made my skin fall out in chunks, and my scalp was really irritated (dove shampoos do this too). As far as hair goes it did nothing, one pro it did smell like fresh laundry. I will never buy this again.

This shampoo rocks! I can really tell the difference with the shine and silkiness in my hair after using it for only a few times. It's not the cheapest but its still inexpensive and worth it.

on 8/11/2004 8:31:00 PM

I love this product! It makes my hair feel very smooth! I like it mostly because of my hair gets tangeled so often..when i use pantene classic clean it gets out the tangles!