Burberry Brit

Burberry Brit

3.8

on 6/15/2006 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is going to be my signature scent. A very beautiful, warm, and "sexy in a mature way" type of fragrance that I fell in love with the first time I smelled it and three years later I'm still favoring this scent over all others. The staying power, although not outstanding, is decent enough and I highly recommend "layering" to smell like Brit all day long. The soothing, homey vanilla is what attracts me most to this wonderful, favorite scent of mine. I would definitely purchase again, although a bit pricey.

on 6/2/2006 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am in love with this perfume. I love how it smells on me and I get compliments all the time wearing it! It is expensive, $62 for 1.7 OZ bottle from Burberry and $82 for the larger size. I've been using this since December of '05 and I never tire of it. It's mature, sexy, everything you could want. I recommend it!

on 3/14/2006 8:53:00 PM

I bought this on impulse because I LOVE sugared almonds. I absolutely hate the scent of lime so I was very happy that the initial citrusy note disappeared within seconds. The biggest problem I had with this is the staying power; by the time I could smell the sugared almonds, my nose was already nuzzling my arm. The staying power is that bad. The second problem I have with this: it smells EXACTLY like Anna Sui dream once it started to disappear (and let us not forget the terrible staying power of Anna Sui). I wish I tested it for a few hours first before paying $93 CDN for the 50ml EDT. I'd recommend this to those who like sugary scents and doesn't mind reapplying throughout the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I smell sugared almonds and a lot of lime. It smells kind of like a man's cologne or aftershave but I still like it. They should of said that it was unisex.

on 2/5/2006 8:53:00 PM

Very spicy and aromatic. I feel extremely noticable when I wear this and that kind of makes me uncomfortable.

on 1/5/2006 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a wonderful scent. There are many like it but this is truly high class. Definitely something for a night out or a hot date.

on 1/4/2006 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I borrowed the EDP from my mom because the plaid bottle was "to die for" cute and I was pleasantly surprised at the complexity and beauty of this scent. At first it was very sharp and almost citrusy but the drydown is divine...warm, vanilla-like, musky and kinda sweet (I think its the pear) I was surprised that I liked it. This is definitely classy but modern.

on 1/4/2006 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The only reason I'm hesitant to give this 5 lippies is the fact that I'm still relatively new to it. Still, it's a perfect all-around scent... very clean, warm (but not in an overbearing way) and a nice mix of citrus and vanilla. I'm not a huge fan of vanilla-y scents (in spite of the fact that my bf loves to remind me that studies show the scent men are attracted to most, in general, is vanilla... go figure), but there's just something "classy" about this scent that prevents you from smelling like a Catholic church. :) While it has a very sophisticated scent, it still manages to be fresh.

on 11/28/2005 5:21:00 PM

This review is for the EDP: I just got a big bottle of this. I already have the EDT (see review below) and love it so much. My only qualm is that it didnt last that long. I must agree with other reviewers. The EDT and the EDP are VERY different. The EDT has a tangy quality to it. It cuts the sweetness a bit. More of a spring/summer scent (but can be worn all year long). The EDP is much sweeter and warmer. The lime/citron is much more subdued and i can only smell it faintly if i stick my nose to my arm. Otherwise this is all vanilla and sugar almonds on me (a definately winter/fall scent). I dont get any woodiness or amber. Unfortionately, this one doesnt last that long either. I think they last about the same amount on me... pretty much gone after an hour or so. I love both but actually prefer the EDT more. Its definately more unique. 4 lippies for this one and 5 for the EDT.

I'm planning on buying a full-size bottle of Burberry Brit parfum around Christmas time, as I've only tried the sample and a few splashes of a friend's bottle. I really like this scent - often times, fragrances get such vastly different reactions from different people, some may dislike a fragrance while another adores it. This, however, is a pretty likeable scent all-around. I agree that it's not too original, it DOES smell very very delicious, and it seem that everyone finds it perfectly likeable. I wear this as an everyday scent, one that's soft and unintrusive but still noticeable. Everyone comments on Burberry Brit when I wear it, as it smells exceptionally good. My other fragrance is Dior Hypnotic Poison, but I save it for certain occasions as not everyone likes it (my brother, for one, strongly dislikes it, while my mother adores it). I'd recommend Burberry Brit - it's a pleasant, warm scent (smells faintly sweet, seems to contain vanilla and amber, and similar scents). Not overpowering at all - a "safe", softly sexy fragrance.