Burberry Brit

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Burberry Brit

3.8

I wanted to like this and liked it very much at first. But once it dried down I wasn't as pleased...just a bit too bland for me. Too bad it's the one hubby has liked the most so far in my limited quest to find the perfect perfume. I'd consider wearing it again out of the store :) but I won't be buying it.

on 1/8/2007 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm torn on this one. I keep wanting to like it, but I don't. Brit is one of those perfumes that I keep coming back to, testing again and again, trying to convince my nose to like it! I appreciate it, but just wouldn't wear it!
I had read a couple reviews on the Brit Red saying it smelled so much like the original. But I beg to differ! I don't see it at all.
I find the Red much yummier and more interesting. To me, the Brit is too much like any other perfume.
I like my fragrances to be very unique, and the Red does that for me.
I had just so hoped to like this one, as Brit Red and Gold are limited editions, and I don't care as much for any of the remaining in the Burberry line....

on 1/7/2007 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff -- very sugary/vanilla on me, with a... hm... delicately sharp opening that dries down through varying warm, vanilla sugar smells. This and D&G Light Blue are my go-to bottles when I want uncomplicated, clean-smelling yumminess. Simplicity has it's place, I think. I've received more compliments on this and Light Blue than I have with some of my more complicated scents.

on 12/31/2006 7:34:00 PM

I love the initial blast of almond - which is what convinced me to buy the bottle - well, that and the super-cool bottle itself. However, dries down to nothing spectacular. Not bad, nothing offensive about it, I just wish the almond note stuck around longer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Me and my brother went shopping, and sniffed just about every fragrance we could get our hands on. Because of my tastes I was leaning towards Flowerbomb, but my brother said it was disgusting and he'd never known of it smelling even half decent on anyone. At the time, every 2nd girl was wearing Flowerbomb anyway, so I got Brit. At first I thought it was way too citrus-y and sharp for me, but if I wait a little while it turns into this gorgeous, soft, cuddly vanilla scent, with a hint of almond. It smells like the sugar almonds I used to get when I was little. I love it! The only thing is, DH has said "Thats way better when you've worn it all day," my mother says it smells like pear torte, and a male friend said it reminds him of fruit picking in NZ. Those are the only comments I've had on it.

on 12/5/2006 2:56:00 PM

I've looked at this fragrance for years, but never actually tested it. The notes just didnt attract my attention. However, i've recently began to like warm, oriental scents, and decided to give this one a try, and my, was i surprised! Brit smells exactly like Coty Ici, the hard-to-find drugstore fragrance. It is almost uncanny, and out of the two scents, i prefer Ici - its richer and is fraction of the price.
So far, none of the Burburry scents have worked for me.

I tried Burberry Brit a few times and for some reason every time I do I smell a totally different thing! Last few times however, I've been able to nail it down to a very, very sweet candy-like aroma in this scent! It was like the ice-cream shop and candy store all in one. Very yummy, very creamy and sugary sweet; but not like burnt sugar--there are a few fragrances out there that smell more intense of burnt sugar & cotton candy (Pink Sugar being only one of the many)... but Burberry Brit has a slightly mellower, more like a cake smell to it... There is also a very distinct almond smell there as well which is nice... Both top notes and middle notes are loaded with almond!... only I really wish that I could hang on to it a bit longer - especially the almond notes... The staying power is alright... OK so I spray on A LOT!!! in order to make is stay... but I do love it... I'm guessing this will be as close to Gloria as I'll get. I find it hard to grasp and spray the 100ml bottle, it's just too wide. Also there is a very distinct difference between edt and edp and while I have both I think I wear my edp more. Edp is softer and mellower, while edt has a very strong amaretto scent to it and I love it as well.

on 9/29/2006 10:53:00 AM

Oh my, this is not my style at all. First of all, I usually don't care about packaging that much, but this bottle is really ugly to me, kind of a turn off. This fragrance is really too sweet, and I can't help but smell a whiff of 'pipe' tobacco. I picked up a sample, and it went from one spray on my wrist directly to trash. I smelled that pipe smell all day, so I guess one lippie for staying power.

on 9/15/2006 6:02:00 PM

A clean smelling fruity floral. Burberry Brit Gold EDP has great staying power on me so I decided to try this EDP based on the reviews here. I really believe that your body chemistry will either work with or against you with any parfum. This one just did not make a good match. It smells wonderful on those who do have the right genetics for it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very sophisticated and mature vanilla. I can see why it's so popular. This is a safe fragrance to give as a gift to any working woman, that being said, I would probably wear this in the office since it is non-offending yet proffesional. I would love a decant or maybe even the pretty plaid bottle. It's very classic, like Audrey Hepburn. I do remember this being worn years ago and since it has become a perfume classic. Notes: Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. It mixes perfectly for me without any one note becoming strong.