Burberry Brit

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Burberry Brit

3.8

on 12/6/2008 11:49:00 PM

This is ony of my signature scents. Any time I finish a bottle, I want to buy it again and again. I love how its sweet but not too powerfull. Its pleasant exotic and femenine.

The perfect winter fragrance! I once tried it during summer and had a friend tell me that I smelled like a grandma, but I think that was because the heat brought out too much of the sweetness of vanilla and not enough of the other notes. I tried it again recently, and it smelled completely different! There was still vanilla, but also hints of citrus and that peppery note. This same friend sniffed me again and said this time I smelled warm and inviting, but not in the grandma way.

on 11/22/2008 10:41:00 AM

This scent is very much a fall and winter scent. It's very heavy smelling, and not something I would particularly wear in the summer. That being said, I absolutely love the scent. It's a very spicy, almost woody smell. As other reviewers have said, it does have a more masculine smell than your typical female perfume. I love the packaging. It's a plain clear glass square bottle covered in the Burberry pattern. Fantastic.

The tester at Sephora was empty, but that just made me more curious, so I purchased the EDT from only smelling the top of the bottle, and because a woman who I think was the manager recommended it over the Burberry Classic. I can see why! It's so lovely right when it's sprayed on, with the lime, pear and almond refreshing and uplifting! Then, the almond gets a bit sweeter with the peony, but still with the lime and then much later on me, the amber, mahoganywood, vanilla and tonkabean complete drydown. I've been very light handed with it until I know I'm in love and now I know I am, I will wear a little more, and perhaps it will last a tad longer. Next I will try the EDP... I feel happy and sexy wearing this, as it's a brilliant and inspired combination of sugar and spice. The bottle design varies, I think, but mine is cute, clear glass with a grey overlay of plaid, and the top is a cube of the same design. LOVE THIS!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After my intitial introduction to Burberry perfumes with "London" I was really turned off. When my friend and I entered a discount perfume store and she told me she was looking for Burberry Brit my first thought was "good, she doesn't want any of the good stuff I'm getting". When we left the store, her emptyhanded because she didn't want to pay what in her mind was a steep price, and I with my overflowing bag she handed me a tester and asked me what I thought. Mmmm! What was that heavenly smell? "That's gorgeous!", I said "What is it?". She looked at me funny "Burberry Brit. Do you think I should get it? It's $60 for the 50ml EDP". I couldn't well run back in there and purchase it in front of her, so I did what a good friend does and told her to buy it. She decided it was too expensive and she wanted to let her husband smell the tester first. When we got back to our hometown I found it in a local department store on sale and called her on my cell to see if she wanted me to pick her up a bottle (and I got 2 for myself). Immediately I got comments, people asking what I was wearing. Most importantly I am going through a divorce right now and this guy I really like is completely enchanted by it, he always tells me it smells so good he wants to lick it off. Well come on then I say! Anyways I am going to have to own up to my friend now that I bought it (and ordered more online because my 2 original bottles are pretty much out). It is my new signature scent for sure!

I hated this at first- my mom gave it to me for Christmas and I kept it in the box. Then the following year my fiance gave it to me because he really liked the way it smelled... I had to give it another go and I noticed the vanilla in it, its actually not obnoxious at all. Very subtle vanilla and something like lime, I like it a lot! Its one of my every day scents now, and I always get compliments on it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Typical burberry print simple square bottle.
It is a typical burberry smell. For some reasons Burberry scents always have some staple characteristics. They do smell classy but in an old fashioned leathery way.
This is no exception. Burberry scent sdo need some punch but they smell strange and stiff. I am not even sure what notes are in here but it is not fesh or florally. I cannot tell you what but I just dont think this one smells nice or attractive in the least bit. I bought it beacuase I was literally pressured in Selfridges in the UK at the doorway whilst I was purchasing something else. As I had some cash I though why not get this it smelt nice at the time but thinking about it I am in the perfume hall and there are other scnets wafting around and it probably mixed with those. Just what was I thinking. Its like old leather cab seats and stale cigerettes. Perhaps worn by someone who loves fur. I think this smll wanted to be Chanel but it just was not happening.

I am a fan of the tendre touch only in Burberry scents but even this is a tad yucky.

Nice lean neat bottle but I guess this print is so immitated you may want to hide the bottle these days. Disapointing that this is just not great. I cant erase the dreadful scent from my nostrils even though I havent smelt it in about 10 months. I cant erase it and get a headache thinking about it.

on 2/19/2008 10:12:00 PM

I LOVE BURBERRY BRIT. It is my favorite fragrance ever, seriously. On me you can smell the vanilla, almond and pear notes with the amber and mahogany undernotes, not so much the lime or white peony. So overall, vanilla pear with the littlest spicy muskiness... It smells sooooooo gooooooddddddd. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it, and think is works with my chemistry really well. Some of my friends it smelled a lot different on, so it's definitely one you should try on yourself, not just from sniffing the bottle or a paper sampler. I love the bottle too... I myself am a Brit at heart (born and raised!), so that may be part of the reason I love this, it certainly was one of the reasons I first looked into it.

on 1/31/2008 8:38:00 PM

I loved this scent when I smelled it on the magazine fragrance strips, but when I smelled it with my chemistry- I didn't really like it.
I smell no vanilla or other type of yummy 'foody' note, but found it smelled like faded black liquorice on me. I was really hoping it would smell like it did in my magazines, but unfortunately it didn't mix with my chemistry. Cute bottle though!

on 1/18/2008 2:28:00 PM

This is another one of my HG fragrances, along with Fresh's Sake. I was instantly charmed by Brit's lime and vanilla notes, and found this to be very unique..just a fresh and clean scent, but also a tad sexy. :-) I think the plaid bottle is cute, and I have had this fragrance for about three or four years now..I only spritz myself 1-2 times and it is just now half full, so I am sure I will have this forever! I also have Burberry Touch for Women, and I love that as well--Burberry really knows what they are doing when it comes to creating lovely fragrances!