Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

3.5

on 11/12/2007 9:04:00 AM

I am really enjoying this delicious subtle scent. If you enjoy aromatics, this will please. I see it being compared to several incense scents, and yes I can smell a similarity to 10 Corso Como which I love. But Costes is more subtle and smooth than 10CC. The opening is warmer than the drydown but I enjoy the entire ride. This has a comforting "home" smell to it,I would call Costes a "soul scent". I will definitely repurchase and may even buy a back up now!

on 11/7/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The spicy/cinnamon-y/clove-y opening is my least favorite part of this scent, and luckily for me it only lasts 15 minutes or so. As the spice fades, I am left with just the perfect combination of incense, sandalwood, and musk. I prefer this to Tam Dao, which is too dry and too straight sandalwood (not to mention how fleeting it is) for me. I get decent skin scent lasting power with Costes. I like both this and 10 Corso Como, which I find similar. Inspired by laphenix's comment, I'd agree Costes is the sister to 10 Corso Como, but I'd describe Costes as friendlier and more approachable rather than quieter. (10 Corso Como's musk is much more aggressive on my skin.) And I don't find this scent too masculine at all, but perfectly unisex. Notes include: laurel, lavender, coriander seeds, white pepper, rose, incense, wood, musk.

on 10/18/2007 2:10:00 PM

I have this and do like it but it does seem to be more of a mans smell especially since my husbands arm and hammer deoderent smells almost exactly the same I keep thinking he put my costes on but he didn't.

on 9/10/2007 8:24:00 PM

Costes is 10 Corso Como's quieter younger sister. It's definetely not as in-your-face as 10CC, but the overall feeling is similar. Incensey woods and rose with the additional soapiness of lavendar. This is a nice one for summer-to-fall.

I think this would smell fabulous on a man. Yes, it is really nice on me, but I think I would prefer it on a man. Costes is not particularly masculine. This is actually very unisex. I still think I want to smell it on a man--or maybe I just want a man? I think that's it! I think I just need a man :p Back to Costes- it's good. Maybe a man in a pilot suit? Yes, that's it! It's very spicy, but clean- like a clean cut fine looking tall American in uniform. Ah! I need to get me one of those! Should I order on line or over the phone? I think Lucky Scent has them in stock.

on 6/23/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Knife-edged spicy--coriander strikes again. If the hotel I was staying at smelled like this, I'd feel an undercurrent of anxiety until I checked out.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love Costes! Olivia Giacobetti is a master perfumer! . All of Ms. Giacobetti's fragrances are light, well balanced, almost ethereal; her fragrances can float on gossamer wings or echo subtle nuances of space and time. Costes is no exception. It has everything going for it.. spicey, clean, herbal -- woodsy and just a great unisex fragrance. I can't imagine anyone hating this! It's a cameleon of a scent that could role play any situation albeit.. sexy, clean -- highly chic ... casually elegant. On a man this would be HOT but on the most petite feminine woman a knock out of a fragrance. Basically, as long as it works with your chemistry, Costes can go anywhere you go and be anything you need. It's seasonless- timeless, elegance, sure to become a classic. I would love a full bottle.

on 3/3/2007 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I usually do not like greens or things that are too spicy (*cough* Idole *cough*), but this goes very well with my chemistry. Lucky Scent sent this to me as a free sample, and I was not looking forward to smelling like a bowl of potpourri in the middle of a forest, but it was not so. I am discovering that a lot of men's fragrances smell very good on me, so that may be why (my next purchase will probably be YSL's L'Homme).

This is scent is fresh, evergreen, a bit minty and a bit peppery on me. It's very nice, but it is not my thing. continued >>

on 3/1/2007 10:32:00 PM

Love it on my husband. Reminds me when we stayed at the Costes K in Paris... Is far to masculine for me, even though I like clean, green fragrances.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really wanted to like Costes, but alas, it did not work for me. Too masculine and even a hint of nail polish remover on me. It is a quality made fragrance, regardless of how the notes disagree with my chemistry. Therefore, I am giving it 2 lippies instead of 1 in recognition of the quality.