Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I may end up getting a decant of this one. I don't think I need a FB of it but it's very pleasant and wearable. It is not a strong fragrance, it stikes me as a thinner, more skin-close cousin to YSL Nu, with more laurel. I definitely kept resniffing my arm during the day. It's a spicy, herbal incense and woods scent that is very nice. Lovely presentation, too. I already have YSL Nu in the EDT and the EDP, body cream, so I don't believe I *need* a full bottle of Costes, but a decant would do very nicely. Definitely a unisex scent.

on 8/15/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't care for it. Smells like being at camp wearing Off. Piney and bug-spray.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It is very woody and does not let up on drying down being less heady. Costes notes: lavender, bay-tree, coriander, white pepper, rose, incense, woods and light musk. It smells just like upscale hotel shower gel you get as a sample. Why did they make this a scent? I think the candle might be nicer for a room fragrance. Too dark and doesn't let the light in.

on 7/30/2006 6:42:00 PM

As a fragrance this is simply too woody for me without anything feminine in it to tamper it down. It's dry and singular. I much prefer the home fragrance, now that is drool worthy.

on 7/24/2006 2:01:00 AM

FRAGRANCE & THE MOVIES:THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO

In this romantic nostalgic comedy waitress Cecilia (Mia Farrow)drawn her sorrows and feed her dreams watching movies.it's the Depression Years and the male heroes are brave and unbeatablev with the bad guys and kind,suave and tender with the(good)ladies.As Cecilia magically enters into the screen world Jeff Daniels(who plays both the movie hero,with the previews characteristics and the actor who is a total asshole)presents to me the right person to wear this soft woody spice perfume.Gentle and well-bred with just a hint of adventure in the modern world.

on 7/19/2006 12:58:00 PM

Ordered a sample of this from Aedes. Really loved the soapy note, but was unsure if it was FBW. Went to NYC this past week and made a stop at Aedes to sniff some scents. DH loved Costes and wanted a bottle for himself. We ordered the spray for him, but I think I will be sneaking into it also. I just love the soapy note in this. It is such a wonderful scent. Love the red bottle too. Just an all around beautiful scent for a man or a woman.

on 5/1/2006 12:45:00 AM

I am wearing a sample of Costes right now (and I am IN LOVE with wood scents).. I am still reeling from my purchase of Silver Rain by the fabulous La Prairie (hated it--too sweet for me) but this I must have!

on 3/3/2006 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Unfortunately the woods in Costes dominated on me. The home fragrance
products might be a better use than as a personal scent.

on 1/28/2006 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! In my quest to find the best smelling perfumes no matter the cost, I really failed at this one. It just stinks. Smells like cinammon, but not as good. And the headache it gave me makes me cringe at the $125 bottle every time I look at it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My skin does not usually get along with pepper (particularly pepper combined with rose) so I always passed by this perfume when selecting samples. Based upon the positive comments by reviewers who seem to have similar skin chemistry/taste as me however, I decided to go for it. And I am *so* glad that I did – because his smells almost EXACTLY like Vinci-Rakos Earth / Tipton Charles Sandalwood on my skin! Tipton Charles was the tiniest bit too sweet and creamy at times, and while I liked the gentleness of Earth, I dislike applying perfume oils. I have been searching high and low for an EDT version…and it is Costes! Costes is a little bit more complex than either of the two, but is still so clean, warm, fresh, soft, gentle, and just a bit woodsy and floral. The incense notes do not come out on me at all, which I am very happy about. I would absolutely buy this again – in fact, I want the matching shower gel, lotion, and candle too!