Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain
L'Instant de GuerlainNo Title

3.8

on 3/9/2007 4:31:00 PM

Hmm... I tried the EDP. It seemed quite light. At first I couldn't pick out any notes but later I could really smell that honey... a little sweet but not sugary at all. Would have to try again to know if I'd really consider purchasing, for now it sits in the "quite nice" camp.

on 2/15/2007 2:18:00 PM

I was looking for a new perfume for weeks upon weeks. Either I liked it and my husband hated it, or vice versa. This was the first perfume that I instantly liked (hence, the name?)...as did he...and it even got my children's seal of approval. You don't need a lot of it and it has good staying power.

I agree with other reviewers who mentioned that it is a rather generic, easy to wear scent compared with other guerlain fragrances. I like it because it's easy to wear but on the other hand this same character makes me hesitate to repurchase... A safe choice for many occasions but it is not something I cannot live without. I like it for colder months. I use the EDP and the staying power is great.

on 1/27/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got this through swapping, and so glad I did! Sweet, feminine and lovely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

IS MY HG
REALLY NICE PARFUME
SOMETIMES I CHANGE to try some other but alweys return to this one because every time i wear it people ask me what i use.... great rare smell very femenine elegant and long lasting

on 1/7/2007 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

wonderful, delicate and sultry. smells good enough to reach for it year-round. a staple. who cares if this is a department store fragrance, this one is that good. i don't get the comparison to Shalimar. completely different to me.

on 12/21/2006 12:23:00 AM

lovely bottle, but I don't see what the big deal is about this one. It just smells like generic hairspray to me. Not even hairspray that smells good. And I am someone who usually appreciates the different notes in perfume so this is pretty weird. I put some on, hoping that it would become something but it never did. Just hairspray.

on 12/12/2006 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Notes: Citrus Honey, Magnolia Inclusion, Amber Harmony

this is beautiful. it is airy, modern, sexy, and a very grown up version of all the spring blossom and candy scents i usually wear. most of my fragrance tend to be things i feel aren't 'night time' scents, but this is. this is dinner at the relatives, important interview, meeting the parents. it says sophisticated, not stuffy.

the bottle is so pretty, too. i know that shouldn't matter, but i kinda does to me. continued >>

on 12/11/2006 6:21:00 AM

I bought the EDT unsniffed. At first I didn't smell anything remarkable - you know when the first spritz of a fragrance tends to be mostly the drydown because of the small content that's been trapped in the spray mechanism since it was packaged? And like testers whose 1st spray are always the drydown (nb - when testing, spritz first away from yourself, then second on yourself so you always experience the topnotes). Anyway - my first spritz of the EDT was mostly honeyed amber, which is lovely but nothing particularly special. The second time I spritzed this (days later) I discovered the beautiful magnolia everybody's been talking about in previous reviews (which would probably have more presence in the EDP). It's a creamy and well-rounded natural smelling floral with just a hint of sweetness. The middle notes develop sweeter with the honey, drying down to a delicious vanillary amber. I appreciated the drydown more after I had experienced the topnotes (it was a completely difference experience when the first spray went straight to the drydown). I love this fragrance and the body lotion, the bottle is very beautiful, and I'm keen to try the EDP next.

on 11/26/2006 8:12:00 AM

I put this perfume in the same category as YSL Cinema and rate them both as way too dry for my skin chemistry.

Perfume is very much like wine for me. Anything that falls too far on either end of the sweet or dry spectrum just doesn't work for me. I like well blended, and mostly, no single notes.

This one, like Cinema, is well blended, but I could blow the dust off the top of the bottle, needless to say....non

Popular Fragrances