Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

L'Instant de GuerlainNo Title

3.8

on 8/14/2007 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have to be in the mood for this, then it's lovely. Honey, almond and almost mimosa notes start out, stay and last. I don't get much change and it is a bit sweet, so if you don't like sweet, steer clear: It'll knock your socks off with Honey. Still, pale, feminine, lovely.

on 8/12/2007 11:37:00 AM

This is the kind of smell I pass quicly in the stores and I canít even bare to spitz them on. But I have a mini of this, and today I desided to put it on. Thanks to the rewiews here with all the information many of you give I now know why I hate this kind of fragances som much: Its the amber. I ordered a mini of Yves Roschers Voil the Amber recently, and can detect the similarity in them (which must be the amber, besides from that they're totally different). But besides hating amber, this is a rather nice smell. Its rounded, well composed, and I like the honey-almondy note in it. It donít get so sicknessy-cloying as other of this kind. Now I know what it smells like Ė maybe some day I will change my mind and get a need for amber, then Iím shure that L'Instant would be one of the best choises for me out there. (and its even already in here, in my bathroom).

on 7/29/2007 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Oh my goodness....I can't believe my nose! On me, L'Instant de Guerlain smells exactly like my former winter love, Chanel No.22!!! No.22 was my favorite fragrance in my late teens and early 20's, but I was crushed when - circa 1985? - a friend in the fragrance industry told me that No.22 was being changed...reformulated. I was DEVASTATED! The lovely warm, powdery scent was merely a memory; I am not a fragrance expert, but now it smelled/smells just like Lauder's White Linen (and both give me a terrible headache instantly!). L'Instant is such a soft, feminine scent..."an invitation to come closer, rather than an announcement that one has arrived." I'm so happy to have found it (again)!

on 7/23/2007 2:56:00 AM

My boyfriend gave me this (edp) as a gift two years ago and at first I felt bad because I thought it was too strong and it wasn't for me. This is now my signature fragrance. I fell in love with it. I don't think it smells like an old lady. I'm 25 and I don't think I'm an old lady..lol..My boyfriend loves it when I wear this. It's very classy, feminine and sexy.

on 7/16/2007 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this fragrance - the warm sweetness is nice. Unfortunately it also has that heavy, bitter note that is such a turnoff in other "classic" fragrances like Chanel No. 5 and other Guerlain fragrances. I don't know what it is and obviously others like it but to me it is sour and "old-lady" smelling. I tried the parfum - maybe the EdP is different.

on 6/1/2007 3:55:00 AM

This is the only Guerlain fragrance I own and like. The others give me headaches :(, too strong I guess or maybe some of the ingredients.
It is is easy to wear, I am not good at describing the notes but I really like the feelings I get while wearing it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Oh how I have tried so many times and different seasons to wear L'Instant. I want to love this! It's a honey based scent and I love honey and gourmands, I've even tried all formulations as well. On my skin it's sweet and produces an intense headache from the sweetness. Not for me.

on 5/10/2007 4:54:00 AM

I did love the smell of this. It was very easy to wear. However, it only lasts an instant on me. I just would never purchase this one due to that. I think the bottle is very pretty. I did expect more from this as it is from a very fine fragrance house.

on 4/3/2007 11:07:00 AM

This is one of those frags that make feel utterly and complitely beautiful and sexy. It is so nice, warm, it smells a lot like warm milk with honey.

on 3/21/2007 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I already have the EDT, and I do like it but it can be a bit cloying sometimes. A heavy application leaves it smelling very artificial and a bit choking for the first while until it has dried down. So even though I do like it, I rarely wear it.

However, I saw a 7.5ml bottle of the pure parfum on an auction site and decided to treat myself. I'm so glad I did! The parfum is much smoother and does not require a dry-down stage at all. It goes straight to a beautiful, smooth, honey/amber sweetness that is not cloying but more like a gorgeous soft blanket of scent that just envelops me. And because it's parfum, of course, a little bit goes a long way and this small bottle should last me quite a long time.

The bottle itself is beautiful, too. It is like a miniature version of the standard EDT bottle, with a purple and gold cord around the neck, and a glass stopper rather than an atomiser. I would proudly display this on my dresser if I didn't know that perfume bottles should be stored out of direct light - but I will enjoy looking at it whenever I take it out to apply. continued >>

Popular Fragrances