Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain
L'Instant de GuerlainNo Title

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a 30ml bottom when it first came out. Initially, the perfume smelled too much vanilla. After ~3 years of "aging". it had more floral notes! YAY!!!!!!! The top is milky, citrusy and has hints of floral notes. The drydown, now that it's a few years old, is delicious vanilla(faint) + light floral note!!!!!!!! The "aged" EDP is my favorite perfume I've ever smelled. This is also the only perfume I got compliments from guys.... several guys in diff occasions!!! If you think the perfume is too heady / too much vanilla, try letting it rot on your dresser for a few years =p

on 7/13/2009 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Sugary, vanillic, oriental floral that dries down to a plastic doll's hair scent. I don't think this perfume smells good at all. I'm kind of dissappointed as Maurice Roucel is the perfumer and I like so many of his creations. Money saved.

on 6/18/2009 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my signature scent! The lady at the department store discouraged me to buy this as she felt that I was to young, but the moment I smelled it, I fell in love. It is creamy , sexy and sophisticated scent. The notes keep changing throughout the whole day, first the florals, then the honey and amber. O la la I loveeeee this....

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely my favorite Guerlain perfume. The bottle is beautiful, and the scent is timeless. It smells sweet and inviting with honey and amber notes, and a bit floral with the magnolia note. It has great lasting power. This is a great fragrance from Guerlain.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

An exceptionally wearable fragrance from the house of Guerlain. This is a warm, inviting, and timeless scent. I love the elegance and beauty of the bottle as well. This is my favorite Guerlain perfume.

on 2/23/2009 5:36:00 PM

Soft, Creamy and just perfect..
I want this badly now... thank you muaer for swapping me this....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Luxurious and Sexy

I really like this parfum. I got 8 samples of Guerlain parfums and so far this is my fav...admittedly I have tried about 3 others. This smells like a 'real' perfume. The way a perfume is meant to be. It's not too heady. I'm not feeling 100% and this is enjoyable, not overbearing.
Yesterday I wore a tiny bit of Shalimer on 1 wrist and L'Heure Bleue on the other (I know I'm crazy but it was about 5 in the arvo and I just couldn't resist trying them BOTH) and together, my already slight headache took a turn for the worse and suddenly I was nauseous! Don't get that with this (I have learnt my lesson). (those seem to have kick arse staying power. tried to scrub them off, they didn't budge)
I really like this

on 11/9/2008 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I first got this perfume as a sample when I bought a 50ml EDT of Champs Elysees from the Guerlain counter at the local department store 3 years ago. It was love at first sniff. It's just so beautiful with an ethereal quality to it & best of all, it has such a distinctive, soft, creamy honey/amber scent that will never be mistaken for other fragrances. The staying power of the EDP is superior, two spritzes are all I need to last me the whole day. The only things I don't like are the (surprisingly) understated name & bottle-- I feel they are much too simple & generic for a perfume which is anything but. Name & packaging issues aside, this is definitely one of the very few fragrances launched in the new millenium that I can see myself repurchasing till it's no longer produced (hopefully, Guerlain won't ever come to that decision, knock on wood).

The EDP notes from Guerlain:

Top: citrus honey, bergamot, mandarin
Heart: magnolia inclusion, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang
Base: amber harmony, sandalwood

on 10/20/2008 12:06:00 AM

I love this fragrance. I have repurchased this and will continue to repurchase. It's my signature fragrance, I guess. My SO bought it for me as a gift and I thought "Oh Lord, I'm going to smell like an old lady!" I was so surprised at how much I liked it. It's soft and delicate, yet I feel very sophisticated when I wear this. In my opinion the scent is not overwhelming, unless you shower yourself in it, lol. My SO goes crazy when I wear this. He loves it on me.

Popular Fragrances