REVLON Orange Flip

REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

Oh my God! YES. This is my new favorite lipstick. Strong, bright, orange.. it looks very old fashion. I love putting tangerine lip gloss over it! This is great if your into the bold. I get nice comments when I wear it.

on 4/19/2006 10:28:00 AM

Orange Flip is indeed a retro color (Revlon is one of the few companies that keeps many of their longtime shades), but it's very "in" right now. I don't classify it as coral because it is almost pure orange without the pink tones that signify a true coral. It's more flattering than you would think, & if you can wear any warm shades you can pull this off. Not for the faint of heart, but gorgeous in a classic, old-fashioned way. Besides, Revlon is so often on sale that you can get it very cheaply.

on 4/18/2006 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I humored my husband's sweet old grandma by going to RiteAid with her. She doesn't get out much and wanted to browse and buy cosmetics, etc. Since she was nice enough to let me convince her to try a blonde glaze on her grey hair (came out great!) I took her advice and tried this lipstick, which she's been wearing since about 1905 or something. She said I needed to wear something bright, which I never do. This is a pretty bright coral. The formula is o.k. but the smell is a bit strong. The best thing is that it is very highly pigmented and the color lasts a long time. The jury is still out on whether I can pull off bright coral, but I really think she might actually be right.

on 2/28/2005 3:28:00 PM

I was wandering around Ulta looking for that perfect bright retro sunny shade to counteract the winter here in Chicago. I wanted something that conjured up Grace Kelly, Newport in the summer during the 50's and all that J. Crew catalouge preppy vintage fun. This probably was worn by a few of those original jetsetters and so I had to try it out. On my MMM GGG complexion (NC35-44) it looks rainbow brite but also classy...the exact shade I was going for. Yeah the perfume and packaging are old time, but thats the fun of it. This probably wont be a staple in my wardrobe, but it makes me happy and if I ever lose this I would get it again.

on 8/23/2003 5:11:00 PM

At $7.75 a pop, Revlon lipsticks are quite higher end on the drugstore food chain. Hence, I have dubbed Revlon "the MAC of the drugstore" ... But beyond that, this lipstick is a fun, fabulous blast from the past. A red-tinged orange creme lipstick in that signature green and gold tube. Very 1950s (this shade was first introduced then, wasn't it?). Great for anyone into that retro look. Especially wonderful on light skintones, however this orange can totally work on darker skintones. Very mod! Revlon lipsticks definitely are a best kept secret.