REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

on 7/19/2011 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this shade! I've heard so many great things about Orange Flip so I picked it up and oh boy! It is lovely. I usually don't wear a bright lip, but this looks really nice on me. Great summer color!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shade has been around since the 50's, along with most of the Moon Drops lipsticks. So it is truly a retro shade. It keeps a toe on the line between orange and red. It's not really a coral like Hot Coral. Definitely a stunning shade, and there is nothing like it in other brands. Buy Moon Drops, ladies! So they won't even think of discontinuing them. If you cannot find these, they are usually at the bottom of the Revlon lipsticks (since they push the Super Lustrous on us). This is one of the most fabulous lipsticks I've seen, and it's $6 or less. I also love Hot Coral, Peach Silk, Persian Melon, and Blase Apricot.

on 4/22/2011 9:35:00 PM

Add me to the list of glowing reviews here, thanks to everyone's input I took a chance on a color I never ever wear...orange! I am a plum, red lover, the bluer tones, and wow! What a fun change to do orange. I have gotten quite a few compliments too. This is a cheery rich burst of laughter on the lips. The formula stays put, although it is a little dry, but so worth it.
Minus one for the taste.
Try it, if you are on the fence, you may be surprised.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Another great orange from Revlon! This one looks kind of scary in the tube, but it looks so great on. For reference, I'm very fair with yellow undertones (NC15 in MAC), and this really brightens up my face. Even at full-strength, it doesn't look too bright or garish. However, if you're nervous about wearing this, it blots down into a gorgeous stain. This has a really nice formula and that familiar Moon Drops fragrance - I don't find the scent to be offensive though, and I don't even notice it after a few minutes.

on 3/30/2010 4:05:00 PM

Wow! This is a great lip color. I was looking for the perfect orange-red, and this is it. The color sits exactly in between red and orange. I like to keep my eye makeup very natural and simple, and by applying this to my lips my face gets an instant pop. Keeps my makeup interesting in a good way! I would seriously recommend using this color only when the rest of your makeup is very light and natural, otherwise it'd be too much going on! Obviously it's going to be very pigmented, so dab this on your lips very lightly. The Moon Drops formula is very creamy and moisturizing. This is by far one of my favorite colors. LOVE!

on 9/27/2007 4:24:00 PM

Wow, I'm surprised that I look this good in orange lipstick. :P As others have mentioned, very retro. Brightens up your face but less outspoken than a red shade. If you're considering this, go ahead and give it a try. ^_^

on 11/30/2006 4:18:00 AM

What a beautiful colour. I bought it when there was a special for buy one get one free. On me (LLL) it comes out a very bright pure orange colour. I wouldn't call this a coral colour, its much more orange. The texture is great and im very impressed. I cant wait to wear this one with my strapless dress and peep toes! Very retro!

Oh my God! YES. This is my new favorite lipstick. Strong, bright, orange.. it looks very old fashion. I love putting tangerine lip gloss over it! This is great if your into the bold. I get nice comments when I wear it.

on 4/19/2006 10:28:00 AM

Orange Flip is indeed a retro color (Revlon is one of the few companies that keeps many of their longtime shades), but it's very "in" right now. I don't classify it as coral because it is almost pure orange without the pink tones that signify a true coral. It's more flattering than you would think, & if you can wear any warm shades you can pull this off. Not for the faint of heart, but gorgeous in a classic, old-fashioned way. Besides, Revlon is so often on sale that you can get it very cheaply.

on 4/18/2006 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I humored my husband's sweet old grandma by going to RiteAid with her. She doesn't get out much and wanted to browse and buy cosmetics, etc. Since she was nice enough to let me convince her to try a blonde glaze on her grey hair (came out great!) I took her advice and tried this lipstick, which she's been wearing since about 1905 or something. She said I needed to wear something bright, which I never do. This is a pretty bright coral. The formula is o.k. but the smell is a bit strong. The best thing is that it is very highly pigmented and the color lasts a long time. The jury is still out on whether I can pull off bright coral, but I really think she might actually be right.