REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

on 4/9/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up orange flip after reading so many reviews and watching youtube. I love the color, on my pigmented lips it shows up as a nice bright orange/red. The packaging is a nice solid plastic my biggest issue with this is the scent and taste; so many commented on how it reminded them of their moms or grandmothers, well, my mom didn't wear anything that smelled like this so there isn't any nostalgia here for me and I am pretty sensitive to scents - my husband said I smelled like old lady and wouldn't kiss me. There is also a strange taste, in the end this was the color is I wanted but could not get over the scent and had to return it.The color is so pretty and it has nice texture, if you can find it on sale it's not a bad price...I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this. If you are like me and want a nice orange/red you could give Mac Morange or Bite in Zinfendel a try, they are a little more pricey but no funky scent or taste.

on 4/9/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I heard of this lipstick through a recent news article about how orange lipstick is the new trend. Orange Flip was one of the lipsticks the article mentioned. It is awesome! The shade complements my warm undertones very well. The texture is very creamy and the color just pops. I'm thinking about trying MAC's Morange to compare, but Revlon's Orange Flip is a wonderful and affordable way to achieve the orange lipstick fad. I hope this shade stays after that fad is gone. In fact, I don't see it as a fad. Orange lips is a great alternative to the classical red lipstick, just like nudes and pinks!

on 10/8/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick because it brings my NC20 skin to life. It is very bright, very beautiful orange red that looks good with classic cat eyeliner. I have already bought again and will continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick is very similar to Macs lady danger but with luster. No blue tone in it whatso ever, which I love about it. Looks good on my warm sun tanned toasted skin (nc35). What I do is blot it once I have it on and then add NYX lip gloss in apricot. It looks awesome! Think orange red jelly lips. I like it, will be wearing this soon with some retro looks.

on 12/25/2010 8:16:00 PM

I bought this before reading any reviews on MUA, which is proof of my good taste. ;) Seriously, this is the perfect daytime coral and wears beautifully (NC20). As other reviewers as mentioned, this is orange without being to bright or tacky. I get about 4 hours of wear with this. If you're NC15-25, you have no excuse -- go out and buy it.

on 7/31/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is seriously one of my all-time favorite reds. This really suits anybody with a warm complexion. I am NC25 with naturally dark lips, dark eyes and dark hair. This color complements my coloring REALLY well and makes me feel so confident. I don't pull very much orange from it (my lips are more brown) but it becomes a gorgeous bright red that gets noticed. I wear it in varying layers depending on the time of day and occasion, but I use it all year 'round. Some might find it to be a warm-weather color though.

Unlike my yellow self, my mom is pink-toned and brown-haired and this did not suit her at all. So I only recommend this for women of a warm complexion! I just hate how hard it is to find in stores.. The moondrops formula might be in the process of being discontinued. I hate the plasticky perfume fragrance, but overall it's a great find. Comparable to MAC Lady Danger!

on 12/18/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is AMAZING. The color is bold and beautiful, but I can put this on in less than a minute--no need to prep my lips, reach for lip liner, or factor in time for clean-up. The formula is creamy and moisturizing. Of all my lipsticks, this is the one that most lends itself to daily wear.

Plus I get compliments pretty much every time I wear this lipstick--it's absolutely fantastic on pale skinned, dark-eyed girls.

on 5/5/2013 4:09:00 AM

This color is STUNNING. So pretty. Its a bright orange/red, with a creamy moisturizing finish. Its sort of similar to mac ruby woo, but a little more orange and much less drying. It looks fabulous with my fair skin, blue eyes and light blond hair. When I wear this I like to wear minimal eye shadow with winged eyeliner, it looks so chic and modern. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Saw this lipstick on youtube vlogger The Happy Hair show. Love the shade and managed to purchase from the states as it is not available in the UK. I love it and can't wait to style with an outfit in the summer

on 2/14/2012 10:09:00 AM

I don't know why I even bother with NARS, OCD or Lipstick Queen. Orange Flip has all of them beat and at a fraction of the price. On me, a vivid red/orange that looks more like a stain than a lipstick once you blot your lips. This is really the only orange lipstick you need.