REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip

REVLON Moon Drops Lipstick - Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.5

on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never would have guessed a reddish tangerine lipstick would look great on me, but I found this on clearance and took a chance, and it's now one of my favorite colors of all time. It's so bright without being obnoxious, and on my lips it's pretty close to true orange with a warm red tone, and it's satiny without any frost.

Like all the other Moon Drops I've tried it feels fairly moisturizing, not the smoothest but less dry than Revlon's Lusterous line. Plus I've always been a sucker for the green tube of Moon Drops. But this is the one color out of all of them that I now can't do without.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What's particularly great about this lipstick is that it is sheer and also buildable. I like bright lipcolors but a lipstick like NARS heat wave I would only wear at night. This is a perfect bright daytime lipstick, because it's creamy and sheer (although you can add layers to make it brighter). Like most revlon lipsticks it has a plastic smell and taste, and like creamy lipsticks, it's not very longlasting. But, it's easy to wear and cheap. Be warned though, this lipstick oxidizes VERY pink. So it sort of alternates between an orange and a hot pink.

on 8/29/2011 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Orange Flip was the first Moondrops Lipstick I've ever owned, though upon opening the tube, I found the scent to be incredibly familiar. Ah, nostalgia. I believe my mother used to have a few of these back in the 90's when they were more available and much, much more easy to find. Anyway, I'd describe this color as being an orange with just the tiniest hint of red- not the other way around. I ended up with this while hunting down my idyllic red-orange - one that straddled both worlds equally and was stunningly vibrant. While Orange Flip is stunningly vibrant, I find that like the name suggests, it is much more of a popsicle type shade of orange than red-orange. A pinch of red is there and does give Orange Flip a very juicy and fun twist, there's not enough of it for it to be *exactly* what I was looking for.
Overall, the formula is great. This might warrant a few gasps but I think I like the Moondrops formula much more than the Super Lustrous lipsticks. The Moondrops formula is slightly more thick, creamy and opaque. It's not as slick and doesn't streak as much. Unfortunately, I can see the heavily perfumed smell of the Moondrops formula just not sitting well with some people. I've noticed that it never completely dissipates and though I always remove my lipstick before eating, I can imagine the smell of the lipstick and some foods or drinks clashing and being highly unpleasant to some people. It doesn't bother me to the point where I dislike wearing this lipstick and I like the fact that Revlon has remained true to it's oldest formulas but Moondrops would definitely have more fans if it was removed altogether. I also still prefer it to the way L'Oreal lipsticks smell, strangely enough.
While Orange Flip wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it's a great lipstick for anyone aching to try out the orange craze that's been going on lately. I also think it's probably much more fun than Revlon's other famous orange (Siren) which is almost an apricot on some people. I'm looking forward to continuing my search for the ultimate red-orange. Perhaps Moondrops' Hot Coral is what I'm after?

on 2/28/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been craving bright lipsticks lately and I have purchased several revlons that I just love, this being one of them. This is part of the moon drops line with the green tube and this looks like a color that grace kelly would have worn with pride. It's been around since the 50's and I love the retro feel of this shade. It's a bright coral-orange and even though it's orange, it doesn't look garish or cheap. It brightens up my NC15-20 skin and makes me look vibrant. This smells exactly like Pond's cold creme and I could do without that but it's not a deal-breaker in the least. If you're looking for a bright spring-summer shade try this, it's affordable and lovely.

on 8/30/2010 12:06:00 AM

I bought this lipstick through amazon.com after reading glowing reviews on MUA. I am so glad that I did my research and bought this shade. It is orange without being garish. It has a very retro feel to it, and I love to wear it with white. It's an ideal summer color that really adds to whatever I'm wearing. I like to think of it as an instant cute-ifier. The price is decent, the packaging works just fine, and when mine runs out I'll run out and get another.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the bold but not too bold lip I've been looking for! Never would have tried it if not for this orange lipstick trend. I have light to medium skin with some olive tones to it, brunette hair, brown/green eyes - if you have this coloring run & get this lipstick today. I have lips on the full side & a red lip on me is just soooooo red. This is a bold but wearable shade. I don't care for the smell but for such a great look (perfect balance to my tortoise glasses when I wear them) & comfortable creme formulation I will forgive & try to forget the grandma smell.

My best friend recommended this lipstick to me when I went on a tangerine/coral kick. Her Mimi's friend has worn it for decades and used to send my friend to the store to get it for her. I am in love. It has a very unique smell that is WONDERFUL to me, although I'm sure it's not universally loved. It smells so powdery...like powdered violets, or some other type of white flower. I love the green tube, and the overall quality of the lipstick is beautiful. A couple of years ago, I never would have gone for anything "orangey" at all, but now I'm more open minded about potential lip colors. This is more red on me than tangerine, but man it's beautiful, and I'll be wearing it at my best friend's wedding this coming weekend! Wing!

on 4/27/2011 10:56:00 AM

What a great find! I never would have found this or bought it if not for MUA. I know orange is the big trend right now for summer and I never, ever thought that I could rock the color (I'm NW15), but thanks to this awesome lipstick, I can! It is a gorgeous bright and vivid orange that I think most ladies could rock, I also find that it's a bit less harsh than red and thus easier to wear during the day, as well as something special to use at night. Application is a dream, goes on smooth, creamy and evenly; I didn't even need a lip brush. Wear time is great and it doesn't feather on me. This is not drying at all unlike many other vivid colored lipsticks (such as the Revlon Mattes or many MAC lipsticks that I have tried). The smell is a tad strong, but it reminds me of my grandmother and great-aunt (in a good way! For me it brings back my earliest memories of having fun with makeup). The smell also wears off quickly. Packaging is cute, I dig the green and gold. Price is slightly high for a drug store lipstick, but the quality is wonderful. I wear this with some winged black liquid liner and a soft peachy-pink cream blush. Just gorgeous and I wil definitely be checking out more from the Moondrops line. I would totally buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick is a vintage chic orange with an edgy lusciousness that is simply gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! One swipe of this in the morning is an instant mood lifter and a way to greet the day with sass and confidence. I was at the MAC counter today and saw MAC's Morange and compared the two and they are IDENTICAL!!! I honestly think I like Orange Flip even better. I wore it today and the color stays on for hours. I experimented during the day with putting a dab of my Nars Capucine gloss over it and then later with MAC's dazzleglass in Roman Holiday over it and both glosses make it look stunning! I wore it with my UD Naked e/s colors and it just looked amazing. If you are looking for vivid drop-dead gorgeous orange, look no further than Orange Flip! Oh, and how could I forget to mention. . . for $8.99, it's a steal! Even better if you can get it at Walgreens on sale! It also comes in an adorable vintage green tube. I think this color would look good on all skin tones. I have reviewed other Revlon lipsticks and just love them as much or better than MAC's lipsticks.

This is such a fun colour.Great for summer because it looks fantastic with a tan, but also brilliant for brunettes with olive skin (me). A clear true orange without a hint of pink, it looks fantastic at full strength but also blots very nicely for a more subtle look. I will be wearing this for many years to come.