Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

Estee Lauder Spotlight [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 40, Decyl Oleate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, 7-Dehydrocholesterol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Peg-40 Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Silica, Polysorbate 80, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/16/2006 11:53:00 AM

this is a cream with illuminating poperties like strobe cream, but this is more "prismatic" and it smells great And its a treatment -supposed to fade hyperpigmentation. I dont know about that yet but i love this better than strobes cream for waking me up. I use it on its own or under mineral foundation for the glowy dewy look, without looking greasy update: This is actually fading sunpots....bonus!

I absolutely LOVE this! It's my HG highlighter (even though EL likes to bill it as "skin tone perfector"). I normally wear Tarte primer under my foundation (to give it a smoother application and longer staying power), but for evening, I always use the Spotlight (with no primer) and then layer my EL Double Wear foundation on top. It gives me glowy skin and I get a lot of compliments on looking so "vibrant". I love that because I work in an image-conscious industry that is demanding and high-energy, so between the glow and the staying power, I'm in love with my Spotlight! Drawback: that darn price!!!

on 3/5/2006 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this product really useful and multi functional! I either use it under foundation on not so good skin days, mix it with foundation if my skin is looking good or use on my cheeks after foundation as a highlighter. I do have to agree that it looks a bit unnaturel if used alone and is a bugger for highlighting any flaws if you don't put makeup over it. But it does give a lovely luminous finish when layered/mixed with foundation. Haven't really been using it long enough to comment on its pigment fading claims.

on 1/8/2006 11:33:00 PM

I actually like this product which has a very light, golden tint to it. I don't know that it will help my hyperpigmented skin, but I will keep using it to see if it does anything. I will be sure to update.

Thank god I didn't actually purchase this at the store. A lady I babysit for has tons of expensive brand name makeup and estee lauder happens to be one of them. Anyways, she told me take anything I wanted since she was getting rid of a lot of this stuff and I happened to pick ths up. I tried it twice. Never again!! It broke me out in little bumps on my cheeks! Right off the bat I knew it had to be this stuff since I haven't introduced any new products to my face except for spotlight. Plus, once I stopped using it all those little acne bumps cleared up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its just not worth the price. I found it really didn't do very much at all, didn't make my skin glow like I thought it would. It's ok, but I hardly love it.

I have a sample of Boots Radiant Glow which is just as good as this, and is probably half the price. the problem is Boots, which is an English drug store brand, is hard to find in U.S. I got this at Target in Brooklyn, but its not at every Target. Some CVS stores in CT carry the boots brand, too. (I think)

on 5/29/2005 3:26:00 AM

I'm on my second tube. All I use is just a dime size each time. It gives a nice, rosy glow even with my matte foundation and loose powder on top. Since I have combination skin, I don't use a moisturizer. I find this one is moisturizing enough on its own. Makeup stays fresh all day without caking or oxidizing as long as you limit this to a dime size. It makes your complexion dewy and slightly shiny so that it won't appear so dull under the bright light. UPDATE ** I've decided to use this as a luminizer on my cheeks only. It seems to work better this way .

on 5/26/2005 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do like this product.. It's a nice complexion enhancer. I mix it with my moisturizer (EL Daywear Plus) and smooth it all over my face. You have to use just a drop of it or else you will look shiny! The result is healthy looking skin that glows all day long! This lotion is oil free and has anti-oxidants including vitamins C, E and natural botanicals. I really like using this in the summer to prevent sun spots (those white splotches from too much sun). It is really expensive though, which is the reason I'll only buy it if there's a GWP. People always ask me what I use because my skin looks so nice. I tell them it's Estee Lauder and good genes. Ha!

on 5/21/2005 12:08:00 PM

I have to agree with the other reviewers below who say this goes on the skin in a very stange pinkish colour. It comes out of the tube a creamy gold colour but changes on the skin. It also has a really really strong floral fragrance which I can't stand. On the plus side if you do find that it suits your skin, the tube is pretty big so it will last for ages.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited when I bought this, I had heard rave reviews from all the magazines and I sooo wanted to like this but my god was I let down by this. My mother tried it on instore and it really suited her and gave her complexion a nice kind of glow but when I got it home and tried it I found that on me it was patchy and I found the colour to be extremely unnatural in sunlight.
Also it accentuated oily areas on my face and settled in to weird pinky/ mauve blotchy patches.
It actually works great as a highlighter for your cheekbones but at that price it should live up to its promises and it claims to be an all over facial treament and complexion enhancer and this looked terrible when applied all over. I cannot comment on the skin improving benefits as I did not use it long enough to find out, I gave the tube to my mother and she seems to like it fine. I don't know maybe this is one of those products that works for some people and not for others, or maybe it is better on dryer complexions, all I know is if you have even a slightly oily skintone like I do, you should definately steer clear of this product. I would not recommend this one I'm afraid.
The only good thing I would have to say about this product is that I didn't mind the packaging (quite luxe, as with all Estee Lauder products) and I didn't mind the smell (I quite like perfumey beauty counter sort of smells).