Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I LOVE this product! I love the light, sheer coverage and clean, fresh feel of it. It is not for everyone of course, if you have dry skin you need not waste your money on this. But if your skin ranges from the normal to oily side, you may want to give it a try. I read a silly review about this product by someone who claimed it was "orange", clearly she did not make an educated purchase with regard to color; this product has several color choices. (I sometimes blend two different shades together in summer for just a hint of tan.) Couple this with their amazing concealer and a very light cover of loose powder and I am set for the day!

on 4/15/2006 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

OVERALL: Not a perfect product, but the best I've found for minimizing pores, providing a natural "no makeup look," and standing up to serious oil, so I'm sticking with it.
MY SKIN TYPE: OPEC -- Oil-Producing-and-Exporting-Complexion. (YUCK!) I can go through 4 Shiseido blotting sheets in a 10-hour period, and can blot some oil even 30 minutes after washing. My skin is also naturally shiny, so as you can imagine, my main goal is to reduce shine! Also, acne-prone. Fine lines starting to show on forehead. Enormous, very visible pores everywhere except my cheeks.
PROS: Great pore minimization. Natural-looking matte finish. Helps keep oilies at bay. Has never broken me out.
CONS: Very drying. NOT for those with dry or normal skin, unless you first apply a moisturizer. Drying in the wintertime even for my extremely oily skin. Application of watery formula can be messy. Will emphasize fine lines, so moisturize those areas before application. Not water-resistant.

on 4/3/2006 3:37:00 AM

Can you say ORANGE?.....Eeek. This product is so unnaturally orange on the skin, and is another very drying product from Laszlo, due to the excessive amount of alcohol in it. I am not impressed at all with this line. There are so many better formulated options these days.

on 4/2/2006 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

All I have to say.. Is THANK GOD FOR ERNO LASZLO.. I have loved every product I have ever used by him, and they are all amazing. Especially this one :p Great for oily skin!

I love this product, and have been using it for more than 20 years. It is a light textured makeup that looks very natural yet keeps my skin balanced and looking its best. It's a bit pricey, as are all of Laszo's line, and it's not for everyone (if you skin is tight or dry, this is not for you) but if you have normal to oily skin and want something to help keep you looking fresh and matte, give this a try. I can use this without powder, but those of you with oiler skin may want to use the Laszlo controlling powder on your T-zone. It is also wonderfully light but really helps to control shine.

on 4/6/2004 1:01:00 PM

Erno Lazlo's Shake-it is a great
product for the summer. Regardless of how much the temperature and humidity rises, Shake-it keeps my face matte and
fresh looking from early morning until I remove it at night. It also gives me a natural look and I receive many complements. Admittedly, it does take a little time to apply and blend evenly because it is pigment suspended in liquid. But is is worth the effort for its staying power. Apply powder over it and it gives a smooth, matte appearance to the skin. The best out there!

on 12/17/2003 9:21:00 PM

I got this as part of the 12 o'clock ritual, which I love. I have tried almost every brand and this is without a doubt my HG. I will never switch!!!

Those were the days. College, acne, visceral fear in Baltimore. And Shake-it. Admittedly, a pariah in today's skincare with its suspension of pigment in alcohol, but nonetheless, did not aggravate my skin, did not highlight zits. And my eternal gratitude to the Erno Laszlo regimen for clearing my skin. So, this is, strictly speaking, not so much a recommendation but rather an ado.

on 9/19/2002 4:29:00 PM

CONS: hard to apply evenly, is drying; COMMENTS: shake the bottle to get the pigment evenly distributed in solution; have to dot on the product using a cottonball; contains alcohol

on 8/1/2001 3:06:00 PM

THis is the same concept as teh toner, except it has pigmented powder in it to even out the face a bit and provide a matte finish. I found this to be an ok product, however just as with the toner, I think teh excessive alcohol actually contributes to overdrying and more oil production from your skin trying to compensate.

Popular Face Skincare Products