Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

on 2/28/2009 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fabulous pigmented, truly water-based makeup....no silicones, oils or glycols.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) continued >>

on 11/5/2008 1:50:00 PM

HG status, and I have used just about every HE foundation out there. I LOVE this stuff. It's a little hard to get used to since it has the consistency of water. You need to work fast but it is so worth the effort. My combination skin looks perfect and poreless after application.

It's a watery typed foundation that sweeps on like a toner. It's lightly alchohol like but it does offer thin coverage. I like it, but I'm not sure if it does a whole lot for me in the coverage area. However, my skin did look brighter and more even. Perhaps it takes time to 'set', but it's definitely a unique product.
-Mine is in the colour 'neutral'.

Pores? What pores?!
This product is fantastic at controlling oil and redness and makes my pores practically invisible!
I have really sensitive skin...no reaction yet.
Looks really nice under my foundation...I know some people use it by itself but I need extra coverage. Love love love!

on 9/12/2007 6:18:00 PM

HG foundation!! I hate the look and feel of liquid foundation and have used the EL Normalizer Shake-it on and off for years now. I have tried every high-end foundation including the popular mineral foundations and always come back to this. It provides very sheer coverage but diminishes the look of pores at the same time. I have to purchase 2 colors and then mix them to get that perfect shade, but it's worth it!!

on 5/31/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been going through a greasy, shiny skin thing & purchased the Shake it regular hoping to cut down the oil & mattify my skin. I think it actually made my skin MORE oily!!!! You can really smell the alcohol in it so maybe it's just too much & my skin is over-compensating for lack of oil & making me look like a grease slick. Yuck! I wont repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this. I use this after I moisturize my skin. First I wash my face, then I use toner, then I apply my daily spf15 moisturizer, then when my moisturizer is totally absorbed and my skin is dry I use a cotton ball and "dab" the Shake-It all over my face (avoiding the eye area). I let it dry, then I follow with a pressed powder (I use NARS pressed powder foundation). I love how the Shake-It makes my pores look almost invisible, and I love how it helps absorb oil all day long. It does have alcohol in it, so it would be much too drying for anyone with dry or sensitive skin. But for people with oily skin like me, it really works well. Also, I am PPP and I use the color "Neutral". I tried the color Porcelain, but it looked very pale and like white powder on my skin. I think porcelain would be only for the whitest of pale white skins. I called Erno Laszlo customer service and spoke with a product consultant and she told me that for MOST Caucasian women (about 80%) who are NOT tanned, the color NEUTRAL is a good match. She said that the color Neutral has no pink or yellow undertones, and so it blends well and adapts to both skin tones on women. So I ordered the Neutral, and she was right! The Neutral blends very nicely into my skin. Perfect! Hope that helps anyone out there who is trying to decide on a color selection. ___UPDATE___3-8-07__ Still loving this product. My 11 year old son has started using this now too. He dabs it on his acne breakouts after washing and drying his face, and the Shake-It has really helped clear up his skin. He only applies it to the areas of his skin that usually break-out (top of forehead/hairline, around nose, between eyebrows), and his skin looks clearer than it's been in over a year! Impressive. Plus the tint helps slightly conceal the breakouts while it dries them up and treats them. Now I had to order another bottle of Shake-It because my son swiped my first one and keeps it in his bathroom! LOL! He's pretty much taken over ownership of it! I don't blame him though, because it works really, really well. Good stuff! I will continue to purchase for both myself and my son. :)

on 9/25/2006 10:41:00 AM

I love shake-it. I use it as a make up base more than anything. Sometimes I use the Laszlo "mousse" foundation over it but I find I need very little of it. In the summer I can usually get by with just the shake-it. It really controls the oil without drying out my skin at all. I can't believe its been around for so long and I've just recently discovered it. I will definitely be keeping this in stock.

on 9/16/2006 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This tinted treatment product intended as an oil-controlling product for normal to very oily skin, is great for minimizing the appearance of my pores, but since I can have slightly dry skin, particularly in the cold winter months, if I use this all over my face, it has to be with a light touch. I tend to apply it only over my nose and on the sides of my nose. Sometimes, in the summer, I will use it on more areas of my face, though. It should be noted that this is not a substitute for foundation or concealer, and does not give coverage like a cream or liquid foundation does. The color that is best for me is the Light Beige, and I am a MAC NW20 to NW25, just for reference. I would not recommend this for anyone who has dry to extremely dry skin. The product comes in a 6.8 oz plastic bottle, and consists of 2 parts, the "treatment" part, and the "color" part. The treatment part makes up approximately 80% of the product. Before you use it, you give it a good upside down shake to mix the two parts, because the colored talc part settles down to the bottom of the bottle, and then apply it with a cotton ball to your face and blend in either with the cotton ball or your fingers. It does not contain sunscreen.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I too have very oily skin, so this is a dream product for the warmer months- nothing worse than getting out of the shower, getting dressed and trying to put makeup on a sweaty face! ugh!! this stuff is light, and more like a tinted toner, however the finish on my face when i am done applying this (i use a cotton round) is fantastic, flawless! just evens the tone and leaves a powdery matte finish. a little powder and i'm done. not sure how i am going to incorporate my spf into this yet.. but so far i'm loving this. the shade i got was Beige, which is pretty tan in color, a perfect match for my MAC NW30 complexion.

Popular Face Skincare Products