Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 5/1/2010 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what some people were saying about this product but maybe it was their skin that didn't match it.... but I know for sure when I tried it the first time I fell in love!

Calendula it self is a natural and healthy plant that soothes and heals the skin of burns and what not... so I figured this is a sample and I like natural products why not? After using it up I had to just get me a bottle of it.

The price didn't make me too happy about it but it works and it was worth it to waste... uh hmmm.... I mean spend on it. This would probably be the only problem that I have with it, the price.

Oh and also the calendual petals are a nice touch to show that it's a very natural product, but I feel like I'm spending more on the packaging and the petals than I am on the liquid portion of the product that I am in more need of.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I think when I had huge break out problems, it actually helped with the situation. It balanced out the oil and water portion on my face, and helped a lot getting my skin back to normal and smooth. But now I no longer have the skin problems any more, I prefer the cucumber toner. It is more moistrurizing, and it is stronger as it cleans better. I would def recommand this to girls who have a bit of skin problems, or over oily skin, but not to the ones who have normal skin.

really love this calendula toner
overall, you can see the real flower petals there at the bottom of this toner, since my skin is a bit reactive to alcohol, so I can't use any toner with a lot of alcohol as ingredient...
this toner is alcohol free and the smell is nice and fresh
there is a period during which my skin is so terrible because of my ulcer in stomach, a lot of breakouts appeared on my face and it was really vulnerable to any stimulation
friend recommended this to me and I have finished using one whole bottle of this toner, it can stable and calm the skin, and leaves the skin supple...my skin is recovering step by step, though very slowly, but i can see the difference..
of course there are some other skin care ranges which make effect, but I think this toner is absolutely one of the effective stuff~
only thing is the price......if it can reduce to half or 2/3 price, that will be perfect

on 3/28/2010 5:09:00 AM

I like Kiehl's products. I think they're so cool and not as commercial (poor reason to like them haha).

When I was on the website and clicked on toners for "acne-prone skin", this toner popped up. So I decided to get it in hopes of a toner that will clear up my mild acne.

It has a very nice scent like tea. It's refreshing. But that's it. I don't notice a difference in my skin at all. I used it for a few weeks and then stopped. And then I tried again months later. And then I ended up giving it to my sister because I just didn't feel it was necessary. It was like putting water on my skin. If anything, it was a little bit soothing? Maybe a little bit. Not really.

Oh, and for the price of that small little bottle? Geez.

Oh man, was I scared to try this toner! My skin does NOT react well to "botanicals". Give me the fake stuff!
This toner, however, is really nice and calming. A slight tingle, not at all stripping or stinging and makes my skin feel really clean and ready for moisturizer!

As I have said in my other reviews, I have probably the worst skin on the planet, oily but moisture deprived, acne, rosacea, red and angry and highly sensitive to products!

I have been using a retinol treatment, and my derm. ordered me to not try anything with any fragrances or acids or anything that would cause my skin to be more peelie. I was using Cetaphil under his request, but my skin was so tight and unhappy I knew I had to do something!

I went to the kiehl's store and was impressed at the overall atmosphere and recieved outstanding customer service from a very professional and kind woman who really listened to me. How often does that happen? She practically DISCOURAGED me from buying anything until I had a chance to try some samples. She recommended the Ultra Facial Cleanser, Calendula Toner, and Ultra Facial Moisturizer! I love them all!

on 12/16/2009 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This helps to calm down my skin when it feels red and irritated. My pores feel cleaner after a good swipe with this toner. Pity that it is really not cheap, and comes in such a small bottle.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product claims to cleanse and soothe 'problem areas'. I'm not sure what 'problem areas mean, but it does what the bottle says. I had a huge cystic acne which I popped (oops...) and the area quickly became inflamed. Dabbed this gently over the area and it did soothe it. This is a godsend when the weather's hot and humid. Just swipe it all over to cool down! It would be excellent to refrigerate this. It has a nice, mild smell to it as well. However, now that I'm nearing the end of this bottle, I find the flower petals (which are in the toner) tend to slip out onto the cotton pad which is a little annoying. I'm satisfied with its cleansing abilities but overall, I feel it's a mild toner which is kind to skin but nothing terribly special.

on 10/3/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It feels like you're toning with water. I was not impressed and noticed no difference in my skin at all.

I once had terrible breakout on my face and it ended up with countless acne scars which really drive my crazy. and someone just recommended me this toner and i decided to give it a try. Well, after two months, me myself didnt realize any change, i just feel its mild and kinda controls my acne...my friends who havent seen me for a while said that my face got much better. Im not sure if its becuase of the toner or just the metablism....however i didnt repurchase it after i finshed the first one...coz its freaking expensive.......34.5 for 250ml..ohhh

on 9/27/2009 11:43:00 PM

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this toner. it is my HG. it feels really natural on my skin, calms my face and i love that it has actual calendula flower petals inside. the only downside is that it is so expensive, but i usually buy the biggest bottle which lasts me a long time (and is slightly cheaper than buying two bottles half the size).