MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.6

on 6/29/2012 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I buy this again and again, which says a lot because I am usually the person who throws away eyeshadow because it is has gotten so old (not used). I always make sure I have a back up of this because it is a great crease shadows.

I use this pretty much daily. It is perfect for a neutral, soft eye look or you can use it as a base to deepen the crease and then pop something more intense on top. I also use it to define my lower lash line.

I highly recommend you check out this shadow. It really doesn't look like much, but it really is a gem! :)

on 6/25/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Charcoal brown is a cool medium/dark brown. On my fair skin, it looks dark, but it's very natural-looking. I use it as a crease color or a powder eyeliner. It's a bit too dark for my brows, but I can see how it would work for that. It blends nicely and is a great staple.

on 5/28/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this for my brows! A MA matched this with me, i have dark brown brows, and it looked amazing and i had to buy it. Ive been using it for my brows, and ive never had this many compliments. I just started using it as an eyeshadow, and its just as gorgeous. I love its versatility, and it just makes this purchase so much worth my dollar. Definately repurchasing. Highly Recommend!

on 4/2/2012 1:57:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow. This has replaced Mystery as my go to eyebrow filler. I also use it on my crease with either Patina, Naked Lunch or All that Glitters on my lid, then Nylon on my inner tear duct. I have had to buy a second Charcoal Brown after I dropped my first one and it smashed. I pressed it again but did'nt do the best job....so would I again? YES!!

UPDATE 25/03//13
Would not buy this again. There are dupes out there. Check out Catrices 'Go Charlie Brown' and 'Starlight Espresso'.

on 3/23/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow ive been having this eyeshadow just in the back of my container and i tried it as an eyebrown shade and OMg its meant to be its soo nice. and i also use this as a crease color on my lid with all that glitters to school and its perfectt and natural! and i think its discontinued and ive hit pan :(

on 2/14/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm Asian w yellow undertones, nc30, dark brown hair w caramel highlights. This is a beautiful color to use in the crease with dark gold or black/gold on the lid for a subtle, smokey look.

For all of you who are pale with neutral/yellow undertones (NC15-20), and hate brown shadows that pull purple, red, or orange, this one is for you! I adore Charcoal Brown and Brun for a perfect smokey eye where it doesn't look muddy, and I do not look tired or bruised. I like to use my EL DW fndt as a base. Then I layer Charcoal Brown over MAC Shroom or Nylon. Blends beautifully!! It's also awesome to line the eyes or pair with Black Tied to line for a hot look. LOVE. Will repurchase over and over!

on 12/28/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I previously used Omega or Coquette in my eyebrows, but they started to look a little bit too grey and sometimes green. This is the perfect neutral brown... no red, no orange, no khaki or green tones. It's nicely pigmented too. I debated for a long time whether or not to get this and I'm so glad I did.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was using mac's "spiked eyebrow pencil before finding this product for my brows!! I originally bought "charcoal brown" for a crease color. I was watching YouTube gurus and 2 of them (pixi2woo & littlekiva) used this eyeshadow for their brows. Tried it and I love it!!!!

on 11/8/2011 6:19:00 AM

I purchased this eyeshadow last week - continuing my search for the perfect brown crease color. Happy to say I am very satisfied. It is a true brown, no red nor orange undertoe, and compliments my brown eyes perfectly. I've tried Soft Brown (too orange), Satin Taupe (nice but too glimmery. Blends very well, great staying power (I used NARS primer). I love it, and will def repurchase if I ever use it all. I'm using Amber Lights on the lid, All that Glitters as a brow highlighter, and a little Antiqued mixed with the charcoal brown in the inner crease, Laura Mercier Expresso or MAC Avenue as an eyeliner, and this is my go to work look. Yay!