MAC Cosmetics Matte - Charcoal Brown

Matte - Charcoal BrownMatte - Charcoal Brown

4.6

on 12/7/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this for my brows. I have medium brown hair, and didn't find it to be too light/dark or too grey/reddy. Perfect! I have also used it as a crease shade when I want a fairly subtle matte smokey eye. Long wearing and fantastic pigmentation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this hoping it'd be good for my brows. Unfortunately, it was a little too dark and I found a pencil I like better. I love love love it as a bronzer, though. The pot came out once and I had to re-hotglue it in, disappointing for something I paid $15 for though.

on 9/5/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Bought it recently and fell in love the first time I used it. It is a beautiful matte brown ashy colour. I use it daily and it really compliments my skin tone and also gives my eyes an extra pop while still remaining natural and clean. It is a perfect shade of brown that every girl should have in her collection. In America the price is reasonable, but I purchased in Japan.. Soooo a bit more expensive. Worth it though!

After hearing Tanya Burr rave about this on YouTube, I had to pick it up. Initially I thought it would make a good crease color for me since I'm pretty fair and have pinky undertones, and I do love it for that and use it as a nice transition color nearly everyday. But what I die about it for is on my eyebrows!! I never thought I could use it since I have baby blonde hair and super light eyebrows, but it perfectly sculpts them and gives them a little bit more strength without being too bold or over the top. I seriously would rather have this stuff on my eyebrows than even wear mascara if I had to choose. Its amazing, so transformative!

on 3/10/2013 6:16:00 AM

I simply have to pay my respects to this wonderful matte e/s for it has served me faithfully for YEARS! Before discovering Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, this was my go-to eyebrow powder. It's a lovely, cool brown, and since I no longer need it for my brows I've been wearing it all over the lid which I LOVE! So flattering on my grey-blue eyes and PPP NW10 skin. 5/5. FYI: I don't believe the photos posted here do this e/s justice - it's darker and cooler IRL.

Yet again another brilliant product from MAC. i loved this shade of Charcoal Brown as well because it matched the shade of my brows, but also made my blue eyes pop. This shadow sets perfectly when used on my brows - Teamed with a drugstore angle brush, and really creates a shape which i believe does make me look better. The pot is a nice small design, perfect for handbag carrying, but i do believe would be better a bit bigger, and the lid is quite a struggle to lift sometimes. There is also no sparkle to this product and is a block color nice on my eyelids. The tone really suits blue eyes and definitely makes them stand out. I will be purchasing this again on my next shopping trip as i lost mine, a must have for blue eyed girls everywhere!

on 11/17/2012 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have neutral skin tones that sometimes lean more warm or cool depending on the day and this eye shadow is way too cool toned for me. I've tried using it but I always looked drab and tired once it's applied no matter how I do it. I only use it to cool down eye shadows that are too warm in my crease now. Overall this has a good texture and would probably be a great basic brown for those with cool toned skin. I sometimes am NC20/25 or MUFE 118 for reference.

on 9/2/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This product is perfect for filling in my brows and doesn't leave a 'drawn on' effect which makes it subtle but effective. I can't believe how much better my brows look after using this eyeshadow and I will continue to use this product because a little goes a long way. It is definitely one of my HG products!

I love this colour! The MA and I spend ages trying out different browns to see what would work the best for me for both a natural crease colour as well as a colour that worked for my brow and this fit the bill perfectly. It also works well if you lightly dust this on your lids and then concentrate it in the crease fora neutral eye look.

on 7/8/2012 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Classic Mac ! great everyday shadow, occasionally use this wet to line my eyes when i'm wearing a dark brown mascara and not much else