Hard Candy Chameleon Eyeshadow Quartet

No Image

4.4

on 8/5/2003 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another one for whom this was their first HC purchase. I am in love! I have been searching for such wonderfully BLENDABLE, non-creasing, pretty eyeshadow colors! MAC has great colors but IMO they don't blend like these do. I love the entire quad, which was a new experience for me. I tend to buy seperate pots of color because I mix odd colors or something since I always only ever like 1 in a set. This was different - I love love love all 4 colors. I am going to hunt down some more quads because I love this one that much! Packaging is great - sleek silver, with a mirror and nice tools.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This was my second HC quad, my first was techno which just gave me a taste for more quads!

I love the second e/s down from the top, a lilac printed with chinese writing it looks great in the pan and on the eye!
The texture of these eyeshadows is great, they are soft and apply brilliantly easily, last for ages and there are the most beautiful colours.

The colours i use together are the creamy white and the purple or the creamy white and the grey and the green together with the dark green as a liner, it really does make a beautiful liner. I would repurchase but i doubt i would need to, i would definitely purchase another different eye quad though.

on 5/7/2003 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first HC quad but definitely won't be the last! I initially got it for the chinese writing on the second e/s because that's just cool. But I was shockingly surprised at how SMOOTH and CREAMY the shadows go on, seriously, and the pigmentation is just WOW! No shadows ever goes on the same color in the pan as they do on my lid, and this one did it. This in my opinion is the most classy and versatile of the eye quads. IT is my HG neutral eye look. The four colors work seamlessly together and blend really well...and make my asian eyes look soo pretty and alluring. The teal brings out my dark features and the white makes a great highlight/wash. I pair this w/ Quo eye primer and it lasts almost all day on me. I don't see myself needing to repurchase cuz the compact is sturdy and there are tons of product. But if I ever need to, I'd do so in a heartbeat, even for the friggin' $45 price tag. crazy!

on 4/20/2003 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow!! This is the first Hard Candy product I have tried,and it really surprised me. I can create so many cool e/s looks with this quartet. I love all the colors,and I think this would work for a variety of skintones. I wore the smoky silver color last night on the lid with the white color as a highligher on the brow..they both stayed on all night in a hot,smoky club:) I can't wait to try more Hard Candy e/s!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried to like this, i really did, the colors dont show up on me, and the dark green is way too dark and totally unuseable. but the compact is so cute!

on 3/30/2003 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would buy Chameleon again for one shade. The hunter green shimmery shadow. This makes a beautiful liner. I have blue eyes and can't wear many greens, but this looks great. The lightest shade doesn't show well on me and the lavender and gray are so-so. But love that green! I received this free in a Sephora promotion. It's a keeper and just as Sephora had hoped, it led me to purchase other quartets!

on 3/1/2003 3:04:00 PM

Definitely my favourite quartet... I actually use all the colours which I find to be of excellent quality and work well together - I can get both a girly or a smokey look out of this quartet which makes it a little more value for money as it IS pricey.
The packaging is excellent and I adore the liner brush that comes with it.
I don't think I could be parted from my Chameleon quartet now I have it. ;)

on 2/20/2003 7:33:00 PM

Hard Candy has one of the best eyeshadow formulations. They last forever when you wear them, and a little on your brush goes a long way. The Chameleon quad is one of my favorites as it has awesome colors! Another HC fave!

on 1/3/2003 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I actually like this quartet much less than the others that I own. To my eye, the colours don't work well together and I can really only make the lavender and gray shades compliment each other. I absolutely love the dark teal shade as a liner, as it's so dramatic and shimmery - perfect for evening. I do like all the colours individually, hence the 4 rating. I just don't find them as a collection to make much sense together!

on 12/8/2002 3:48:00 AM

I received this from a *wonderful* swapper, and my god- I am in LOVE! The colours are such a beautiful, unusual combination of shades- the lightest is a silvery shimmer, followed by a shimmery lilac. Then there's a really unique shimmery soft sage green, and the darkest shade (great for lining!) is a dark sparkly forest green. SO divine. This creates either sweet pastel eyes, or sophisticated, soft smokiness. The lilac and the green is such a fresh combination! The shimmer in the eyeshadows are really delicate, and subtle as well as being so sparkly and pretty. Gorgeous!

Popular Eye Shadows