Trish McEvoy #29

Trish McEvoy #29

4.8

on 2/16/2009 10:57:00 PM

I am another fan of this brush who was taught the windshield wiper method by a MA years and years ago. I still have the original brush and love using it with the Trish eye definer in the crease of my eye. This is my staple brush (along with Shu Uemura #20 which is my HG of blush brushes

This was the first brush I bought from Trish McEvoy. We're going back over twelve years here. I still have the original brush, and I love it. I remember my first makeup lesson at the Trish counter. Trish associates call this the "windshield wiper" brush. If used in a gentle back-and-forth-windshield-wiper-motion, it will provide the most lovely, sublte crease color ever. You must have this brush in your collection. It is total HG status period. Go get one.

on 6/23/2008 11:17:00 AM

I think this is a decent crease brush: it is soft, it delivers color pretty well and it holds up well under intensive use. The problem for me is that I think it is a little too soft and "loose". I think for my needs I should buy a smaller more tightly packed crease brush, which would be a little more precise in the application. This #29 also started showing stray unruly hairs on the edges, which are very hard to tame. This considering that I really take good care of my brushes and store them in a case.

I really like the wide handle of this brush and the brush's substantial weight in the hand. I like the feel of the brush in my hand when I'm using it.

Overall I think if I get a chance I'd rather get the smaller Trish brush for crease application. This is a good brush and good quality, but it might not be for everyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Fantastic brush for blending in the crease. I have used this brush almost daily for three years and it has held up wonderfully. The #29 brush is soft as can be and as mentioned below is excellent for the "windshield wiper method". Highly recommended!

This brush is decent. However, I find Chanel #12 to deliver a better job. I found that with this brush, the repetitve windshield movement scratched my eyelid, whereas Chanel's #12 is so gloriously soft and the application is much more smooth. Also Chanel's #12 delivers a more beautiful 'windshield' effect.

Nevertheless, had I not experimented with Chanel's, I think I would have very much indulged in this brush. But Chanel's 12 opened my eyes to better possibilites and I'm loving it.

However, I do really like Trish McEvoy's #6, which is a tigher, smaller version of #29 for more prounounced crease contouring.
EDIT: OK I've bumpled up the rating to 5 stars. Just recently, I decided to give this brush another go as it was just lonesomely sitting there. I have to say that this is a great brush for the windshield wiper, and this time, I didn't feel any scratches (my skin has since toughened? or I had particularly sensitive skin at the time?!? anyway....) I highly recommend this.

on 10/23/2007 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this brush. I use this brush daily. Perfect for application using the windshield wiper method. One of my favorite TM brushes.

on 10/25/2006 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have several Trish McEvoy brushes and makeup brushes in general but this brush stands out as one of my favorite brushes that I use constantly. I'm a klutz when it comes to applying eyeshadow and I usually stay away from anything more complicated than a sheer wash of color on the lids. This brush has made me want to try more complicated eye shadow combinations because it distributes the perfect amount of color onto the lids and blends like dream. This is without a doubt my favorite eye brush. I like this brush so much that I am thinking about buying another one.

on 7/19/2006 12:04:00 PM

Several years ago, I got promoted to a position where I was training people and being in front of large groups of people in the fashion and retail industry. I celebrated with a makeover at Trish McEvoy. Every brush the woman used on me I purchased so I could replicate the look. Six years later, I still use these brushes to DEATH, and the one I use daily is #29. There is no replacement for this brush, I have never found another to acheive the same look.
The brush itself is about 1/2" long - longer than you would expect, and quite soft. It picks up pigment beautifully, and the handle is the perfect length for the right application angle. If you use a windshield-washer motion in your crease, you will get the perfect application and blending. I have also tapped it in the outer corners of the eyes for a smokey look.
I wash this brush every couple of weeks with a gentle shampoo and it has held up beautifully. It was worth every penny and I have recommended it and given it as a gift to many women.

on 2/15/2006 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm adding to the chorus of unanimous recommendations here (the 4.8 rating isn't a 5 because a disappeared newbie on the page before gave this a 1 by accident, or so it seems).

This is a fantastic little brush, versatille enough to put on any eye makeup, but especially nice for the crease. It's rounded for the most part, but (at least on me) flattened a bit and tapered on the end. So I can turn it on the "flattened" part, and it fits perfectly into my small crease (the joys of being Asian). I use this predominately as a crease brush.

This brush is wonderfully soft, though still full and "solid" enough to pack on a good amount of color. I wash it only about once a month, with cleanser. Otherwise, I just blow through the bristle after using them, and fluf them a bit to clean out the extra pigmentation continued >>

on 1/24/2006 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great shadow brush since it's so versatile. The tapered, but fluffly, squirrel brush picks up good color and blends beautifully. I have the M29, purchased with an organizer, and I have no problem with control at all. It washes beautifully and has never shed. OVerall high quality brush that I anticipate having for years and years. I would highly recommend all of TM's brushes.

Popular Makeup Brushes