MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.7

on 1/7/2008 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i always wear this over my smokey eyes for sparkle and to highlight when going out (i do the smokey eyes with black kohl blacktrack fluidline and macs contrast eye shadow) and i love it ...very easy to apply and you get alot of product for a great price.....love it
update: i still love it and started to pair it with alot of colors ..i mostly wear it when im going out since its sparkly ...i dont have a problem with the texture at all

on 1/3/2008 10:20:00 AM

This is my first piggie purchase and I bought it with the Originals line. At first was a little tentative cause wasn't too sure on how to use. Dry it's okay very glittery, wet it's FAB! Lot better color payoff. This stayed on all day and all night with no problems and no primer. It's a gorgeous silvery, mauvey, purpleish color to me. The container is huge which I love but not to crazy about having to be careful to open it. Other than that will repurchase if and when I run out. NC42.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

It's a gorgeous color, but I find that I have no real use for it. As previous reviewers have stated, it is very chunky. It is not subtle enough to wear as a facial or body shimmer, but not colored enough to wear as an eyeshadow. I love MAC pigments, but this one is not very practical for me.

on 10/29/2007 3:55:00 AM

I just have no real use for this. It's not completely awful, but it's not something I like enough to buy again. I very rarely find myself reaching for this shade...thankfully, I only have a mini! Light silvered lilac. Pretty to look at in it's container, but does nothing for me on...very little lilac and lots of silver shimmer...this Pigment is annoyingly chunky!

on 9/27/2007 11:41:00 PM

I love MAC pigments, but hate this one. The texture is very grainy. On my nc43 skin, this is nothing but shimmer. No color whatsoever, just clear glitter. I tried patting it on, but still no color. Because of the texture it also tends to fall onto my cheeks. Overall, a very disappointing product.

on 9/23/2007 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Kitschmas. It suits my pale, icy skin. It's a frosty silvery light lilac that looks more silver or more purple depending on the lighting/application. It applies beautifully both wet and dry. I love to blend it with purples and blues, but it can be blended with a lot of other colors as well. Kitschmas is a unique pigment which may not suit those with dark/warm skin (it is a *very* cool color) or those who hate glitter. Kitschmas is extremely glittery... like Christmas ornament glittery. :)

on 8/13/2007 4:24:00 PM

One of the original pigments that cause mayhem and $100s of dollars duplicating it on eBay. Is it worth it? Personally I think the colour is gorgeous but the actual pigment itself is flakey... literally.

I'm a NC30, dark hair and eyes and though I can pretty much wear any pigment colour, I don't wear this one very often because of the quality. Most pigments fall into one of two category... very smooth highly pigment finely milled or super shimmery, pigment but very flakely texture. Rose and Kitschmas fall into this category. You literally have to pat the pigment onto your skin to go on. It's not one where you can use a brush to place onto the skin.

The colour though is quite pretty... a light silvery lilac with high shimmer. It's very pretty just a bit of a paint to use.

on 7/27/2007 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the first MAC product that I haven't liked. Much too frosty and way too much glitter. Looks lovely in the container though =(

I received this pigment as a sample and really, really wanted to like it. I mean, it looked so pretty in the pictures--a soft and pretty lilac color with a light shimmer.

Well, as we all know, sometimes pictures can be deceiving :X This shade looked pretty bad on me (way too light! really washed out my complexion) and was way too frosty and sparkly for my taste.

Maybe I'm just using it in the wrong way...perhaps I should try it out some time in the future when I build up my MAC collection.

EDIT: Still not using this, nor do I have any desire to. Good thing it's only a sample size!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a lovely light silver toned lilac purple. I pair this with dark purples, or it looks lovely with pink pigments. It with pigmented and wears well with a mixing medium. I don't think I will run out of this color anytime soon, so I doubt I will be buying this again.