Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.5

on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

on 11/15/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range. I bought this lovely lipstick last week for only SGD$12.90 (U.P: SGD$18.90). Didn't regret my decision 'cos the color is very pigmented & doesn't bleed. It looks even better when I draw my lips beforehand with Revlon's Lip Liner (shade in 'rosewine'). Looks more defined.

On days when I don't want the color to be too dark, I'll just blot a little and my lips will look natural with a nice subtle shade.

I even bought:
- Another 2 shades (Rosewine, Bali Brown) = same results
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Cherry Tart)

It's really worth it. Go & grab them now! :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Color: 5/5 (Very Pigmented)

Lasting Power: 4.9/5 (It WILL totally go off at the end of the day if you don't re-apply at least ONCE. I mean, which lipstick doesn't, right? Especially if you have your meals, drinks etc.)

Price: 5/5 (Bought it during 'Sale', saved my SGD$6, totally worth it)

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the lipstick of my life! It's a lovely bright true red that stays on for a very long time without needing to reapply. I always put lip balm on underneath so I can't really comment on how moisturizing this stuff is, but my lips do feel quite lovely once I'm done applying. The color is not one to toy with, but I love it for a pinup/retro look (Revlon's been manufacturing it since 1951!) or when I'm just feeling bold and want a sharp contrast with my wardrobe. The price is fantastic ($5 @ Target) and I don't feel the need to try out any other brands, so I'll just stick with this beaut.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For only $5, the super lustrous is probably the best revlon lipsticks, with a nice creamy formula and lots of colors to choose from. This is a bright orangey red that I picked up, and although it looked like it would be too bright for my skin, it looked pretty on me. Not my ideal red lippie, but still fun to try out if you want something that will brighten up your face.For reference, I'm between an NC37 and NC42 with golden undertones.
Buy this if you want a bright red, it's only 5 bucks, so why wouldn't you?? :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I also have this nail polish colour, and I think both are fantastic. The lipstick is moisturising and is a beautiful colour. Has a nice finish - not too glossy. I'd definitely buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Between this and love that pink i think they are both extremely bright almost garish, but fun, and love that red is prettier. Blotted or applied and then wiped off so it's like a stain, is how i usually use it. Good colour but you need confidence to wear it!

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

on 1/21/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely the brightest lipstick I've ever worn. I was looking for Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick, but CVS was out and I settled for this. It's definitely a very true red with no orange/yellow tones at all. I'm very pale, so this color is a bit shocking on me. My husband stared at me after I put it on. When I asked if he liked it, he replied with a grimace, "It's just so......bright.". On the bright side (LOL), it's a very nice formula and doesn't dry my lips out at all. It's really comfortable and wears extremely well throughout the day. After several hours of wear, it faded into a flattering mauve-berry shade. In the end, I decided to return this. I just don't think I'll wear it.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite red for a neutral bright red. No blue based tones (at least on me). This formula is great - stays on for a while without drying your lips, and no scent. I say this because the Loreal line is very moisturizing but really doesn't stay on very long - it's not as pigmented as the Loreal. Highly recommend!!!

If you DO want a blue-based red, I recommend Revlon's Certainly Red - same great pigmentation and formula, but just darker and more blue.