MAC Refined Golden

4.1

Ok, first of all, I don't ever wear bronzers. This, as a matter of fact, is my first bronzer because I find they make my MMM skin look muddy. MAC's refined golden bronzer (an LE item btw), looks dark brown with obvious gold shimmer in the compact, but on the cheeks, when applied not too heavily, gives a nice peachy brown tanned look. It definitely looks healthy BUT if i apply too much, it does look too orange. I'll probably use this as a blush to get a "glowy" look in the summer or wintertime. Also, no breakouts! (YET! i should say *keeping fingers crossed*). Oh and the golden shimmer doesn't show until light strikes the area the bronzer was applied so no need to worry about ur sheeks shining with golden glitter.

I was wondering whether I reallly needed another bronzer, but since this was limited edition it was calling my name. And I'm so glad it did! This is a soft golden shade that can go on light or be built up for a deeper glow. The shimmer is barely noticeable to me and I got loads of compliments on my 'tan' at a wedding on Saturday. Love it!

At first I was scared of the shimmer because I'm not looking for that effect but it's hardly noticable. I think the shimmer brightens my face just enough for it to still look like a tan instead of shimmery brown powder. I haven't tried the original bronzers but I'll be sad when this goes away.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ok, I love MAC to death and really wanted this to work for me. But it just gave me lovely orangish streaks on my face. Didn't blend well at all and I know it's not the brush since I use the same one for my Lancome star bronzer and get excellent results. Will stick with Lancome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love it! I'm an FFF, blonde, blue eyes with a bottle tan. I swapped away my MAC Golden and bought this one, actually, I bought 2! The shimmer is heavenly! EDIT - Have moved on to NARS Laguna.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm a PPP and this is the first and only bronzer to ever work on me. It goes on light, sheer, and smooooth, leaving a very natural "touch of sun." I could probably apply this to my entire face and it would look like a completely natural tan. It has the perfect amount of shimmer, not too sparkly but just enough.

Wow MAC, I *really* do hate you. So much. I'm addicted to bronzer. I didn't even 'need' another bronzer and I thought NOTHING could top the color/quality of my Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess...Then ~this~ comes out...and it's LE?! Why???
$17 is extremely reasonable for this. I've got it sitting next to Bronze Goddess for comparison right now. In the compact it looks fabulously glittery/shimmery for us fans of glitter. It does not look like that once applied though, I promise! ;) The color looks similar to Bronze Goddess from a glance but Bronze Goddess is actually a teesy bit browner/pinker to my eye, while this is a tawny golden color.
This applies like heaven! Smooth as silk, SOO blendable, fairly sheer and easily buildable..Seriously. I keep comparing this to Bronze Goddess because I saw that as the best for me, but this makes *that* seem like crap! The formula is so soft and silky. I just love it!!
I range from MMM to GGG, depending on my level of faux tan~ness. I'm warm toned (golden undertones) with blue eyes. This works well for me to add a little bit of a sun-kissed glow to my face.
Back to the glitter, it doesn't show up as glitter on your face..It just adds a subtle 'glowing from within' kind of sheen.
I'll be stocking up! continued >>

I love this!! It's so gorgeous! I have the regular golden and it's just not as pretty. This refined one is well, refined! More finely milled, just a little bit of a glow, goes on so pretty. Highly Recommended! I bought 2 because it's limited edition.