MAC Refined Golden

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.2

I purchased this a few weeks ago, even tho I have a bronzer Im very fond of, bc although I like my other bronzer Ive noticed sometimes a get a pimple or two after using is and wasnt sure if thats just me or the brand so I figured Id go with Mac since its such a great brand. I was nervous about the color when I saw it in the compact but I thought Id try anyway. Well I havent had a chance to use until today, I have been under the weather for two weeks and my skin is starting to have that pale/ washed out look that comes with being sick. Since I had to go to work today I thought Id try this to perk myself up and it seriously worked...I actually got complemented on my skin! lol. Color looked great and wasnt sparkly like it looked in compact. Only reason I didnt give 5 is not sure yet since I only used once if I will get pimples or not so will def repost and update about that. Gorgeous and natural color tho and if it could make me look good on a day like today it must work miracles!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wonderful. Beautiful. Love it. The makeup artist at the counter recommended this to me for my (tanned) skin tone. A little goes a long way and it's easy to build up. I use it to contour my cheekbones but if I'm lazy, I just sweep it across my cheeks. Gives a nice natural looking glow every time. It's a bit pricey (around $30CAD) but worth it.

This is my all-time favourite bronzer (and I've tried many!). Unlike many others, this bronzer does not make me look orange at all. It's got a soft pearly shimmer, but that barely shows up on my skin (which I really like - I don't particularly like shimmery cheeks on myself). It reflects light beautifully, and adds dimension to my face, especially because I prefer matte foundations. I dust it lightly across my cheeks, across my nose, chin and forehead (where the sun would naturally hit), and sometimes add a bit extra under my cheekbones to add some extra dimension. Sounds like a lot, but this is a very sheer application that is buildable. I haven't had any problems with the packaging and I've travelled extensively with mine. Naturally, the middle is the first to go and the outsides can crumble after time - though I've had one hold up until the bitter end! Currently, I'm an NW20 shade, but I am usually darker and this bronzer seems to suit me no matter how tanned or pale I am. I've also given this as a gift to a very fair friend, and she looked stunning with it on - not orange-y, either! My makeup kit would be incomplete without this bronzer - I love it.

HG Bronzer, right here! I have been using this product for years and years. Looks great on all light-medium skin tones; it is just the most flattering color bronzer there is. The glitter doesn't show up too well on the skin, but that is fine with me, I add a little extra highlighter anyway. I deducted points for packaging, because these always break on me. I use it until the center is worn away and then it crumbles and breaks. Dang it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I just got this bronzer after I finished my too faced chocolate bronzer , this color was recommended to me to match the too faced . I like the color it does have some shimmer to it but it doesn't show up allot which I like since the too faced it matte ! I will repurchase since I love Mac but honestly I could live w/o

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this with the "To The Beach" packaging. I like this for setting my MAC Studio Moisture Tint. Refined Golden gives me a nice shimmer without looking like I got caught in a glitter storm. I rotate between Refined Golden and use Refined Deeper Bronze if I need more color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is really like the name implies, the golden brown shade. It makes me look washed out. Obviously I would need those orangey tones, I always look really flat and blah whan I wear this plus that the texture is sort of really dry so it never applies smoothly. I always have it on blotchy! Nah I dont like this bronzer at all. I have one other bronzer that is much better quality and goes on more smoothly than this (dermosil). I also like Guerlain bronzer MUCH better because it applies so smoothly. Really cool case though!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

WAYYYYY to orangey for my olive/light skin. Also, too much shimmer! It also gets smudgy/cakey after about 3 hours. I have oily skin. I have tried this and Harmony and several other bronzers and I always go back to my cheap Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight. Matte, great finish, great taupey brown with NO orange and you can't beat the price!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first bronzer and I use it everyday as a blush...I bought it a few years ago now and its still going! so it is well worth the money! I love MAC packaging nice and compact with mirror. It looks natural worn as a blush and the gold glitter is not obvious glitter at all...just nice and suttle. I am looking at purchasing the Cubic blush for a more pinky touch but will continue to use this with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love.... This is such an amazing bronzer. Gives a beautiful glow to the face. It looks really shimmery, but none of it actually goes on my face. I am an NC30 i use alight hand with this bronzer. I would definitely repurchase.