L'Oreal Paris Nutri-Vive with ceramide

3.8

on 3/30/2003 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I hope I'm reviewing the right product. Here in Finland it's called L'Oreal Elvital Nutri-Ceramide Shampoo. At first I was very pleased with this product. It left my hair feeling very soft and detangled. BUT: After using it for a few weeks I noticed that the back of my head had started itching and the skin of my scalp had started to peal! I saw through the mirror that there were a few red itchy patches on my scalp! I changed my shampoo and the problem hasn't come back. After that I decided I will never use a shampoo that contains silicons because I believe they were partly the reason for the pealing.

on 1/19/2003 2:49:00 PM

I don't normally buy drugstore shampoo as I prefer the salon brands. But this product has changed my mind. Both DH and I have noticed a dramatic softness to our hair. You can't beat the price and the product does wonders for dry hair.

on 12/20/2002 8:15:00 PM

I used this product (the shampoo + conditioner) on my highlighted-now-colored hair because I noticed it was feeling dry and I was starting to get lots of broken hairs... First off, I LOVE the smell! It smells clean and fresh and it lasts all day!! It made my hair softer, and helped keep my broken hairs from flying away all over the place. I just bought the conditioner today, and can't wait to test it out tomorrow! I would definitely recommend it, especially because of the GREAT price (a little more than $2 at Walmart).

on 9/24/2002 1:16:00 AM

Had high hopes for this shampoo and conditioner, but I stopped using it mainly due to the fact that the scent or stink I should say was nasty. It had a weird almost 'musty vegetation' smell to it. gross! My hair is just too fine in texture and chemically treated to trust drugstore products. I've learned my lesson.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading the reviews, I think it is average store shampoo- It has an over whelming perfume smell! I don't think I will buy again-

on 9/11/2002 3:20:00 PM

The shampoo leaves your hair squeaky clean, which is good, but it really necessitates the use of the matching conditioner, to detangle and soften the hair. I've found that it kind of straightens my naturally wavy hair. Maybe it smooths the hair shaft so much that it reduces the curl? It does remove frizzies and increases shine. This is a good basic shampoo and conditioner for hair on the dry side.

This is an interesting drugstore product. It makes your hair soft even after blowdrying, which usually doesn't happen when I use drugstore products on my dry and damaged hair. YET it doesn't weigh the hair down (gives it smooth volume) and doesn't build up (like Pantene, Thermasilk). So overall, I think this is a very unique drugstore product in its performance. The scent is actually nice which I cannot say for 90% of drugstore products. For the price, this product really delivers but it is not a "holy grail" for me because I prefer salon products and I like the slick straight smooth look and this product gives more volume than I am looking for.

I had gone to the store to buy the shampoo and conditoner cause of all the raves it has gotten on here. When I got home, I took both bottles out of the bag, only to realize I had gotten the "shampoo+conditioner" and just the plain conditoner, blah, I really wanted the shampoo and conditioner separate. I usually dont like the shampoo+conditioner combo mix, doesnt condition my hair good enough, but I digress, I did try it and then used a bit of the bottle of conditioner and it was great! I was shocked, since I was really using twice the conditioner, I thought for sure my hair would feel heavy, like a buildup, but it didnt, it was soft, silky, and shiny, I love this line, I have to tell all of you...rush out and buy some today, you wont be sorry!

Nutri Vive leaves my hair soft and manageable...it is truly terrific and rivals any conditoner you find at the salon.

on 9/11/2001 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My hair was terribly damaged and dry from using haircolor and then using a drying shampoo (that I hadn't realized was drying til a day or so ago.) I tried this as a cheaper alternative to Redken Allsoft, and it's fabulous. My hair is very clean, but smooth and soft and conditioned beautifully. It also did not irritate my sensitive scalp at all. Fab!