L'Oreal Paris Nutri-Vive with ceramide

3.3

on 10/16/2006 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my favorite moisturizing shampoo. It's so thick it looks like body lotion, something that AA hair needs. I hate that it got discontinued, and to add insult to injury, my brother took it to summer camp and never returned with it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is ok as long as you alternate use with a clarifying shampoo. Definitly meant for dry hair because it feels greasy. Scent is unexpected- smells like grapefruit + lemon basil + pot!

on 6/4/2005 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For a drugstore product, this shampoo and conditioner combination is fantastic. My hair has become really dry at the ends in the past couple of years, so i use this set less now, as I need a richer conditioner. The shampoo is still great for me. So if you prefer drugstore products, Nutri-Vive stands above its competitors.

on 3/24/2005 12:23:00 AM

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write this review, and I can't believe that this shampoo has such mixed reviews! This is absolutely my HG shampoo for the past three years or so. Every time I stray, whether to another drugstore brand or high-end, I'm invariably disappointed. I'm 100% willing to shell out bucks for a shampoo that performs, but salon shampoo has never been worth the extra dough to me. This leaves my hair smooth, shiny, and never, ever leaves buildup. Granted, I don't use a lot of products in my thick and somewhat coarse hair (just leave-in conditioner and sometimes straigtening balm) so I guess I don't demand that much from a shampoo. The scent is also fresh and clean. *love*

I love this shampoo. Ok it doesn't leave hair feeling super clean and fluffy, I've to admit. But this shampoo, coupled with the conditioner, smooth the hair and make it feel moisturized. I alternate this with a volumizing shampoo to keep my hair happy all the time.

on 8/24/2004 5:06:00 PM

EWWW! When I first tried this I actually thought for a second that I'd picked-up the conditioner bottle. Nope, after checking the label I discovered it was in fact shampoo... horrible, awful, greasy shampoo. The weirdest shampoo I've ever tried anyway. It hardly lathers and it's thick. NO clean feeling after rinsing. In fact my hair actually felt less clean! Is it just me or aren't shampoos supposed to rinse things away, not coat your hair with goop?

on 8/10/2004 11:42:00 PM

I actually really like this shampoo. It leaves my hair really smooth. I've to admit that it doesn't clean that well, especially on those days when I've been using styling products. But that's what clarifying shampoos are for (in my case, Fresh-Vive). It's not as heavy as the Smooth-Intense or Color-Vive, but still makes my hair super silky.

on 6/17/2004 10:18:00 AM

Ah...yes...it is weird because I have dry hair...but lemme think what this reminded me of after using it...oh yes....like putting vaseline in my hair. My hair was so greasy after using this that honestly I could have just washed it with vaseline. I rinsed, rinsed and rinsed...I say there are better products out there, I won't be buying it again, maybe if greasy hair becomes the new trend then i'll give it another try.

on 4/20/2004 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this shampoo at first! It was my HG, but then I noticed that it changed my hair texture. It dried out my hair and it was all frizzy! Why did this happen? Has anyone else had the same experience? I will never buy it again!

I don't like this Shampoo.. I have this twin conditioner too. I have VERY dry hair and sometimes this gives me split ends and makes my hair even MORE frizzier unless I use my Garnier deep conditioning..